• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

soccerbase4

First let me introduce myself I'm Steve and I contribute to the football stats site Soccerbase,

We currently trying to find out stats for seasons starting 92-93 too 95-96 and hit a bit of a brickwall regarding season 95-96.

Some books have been very helpful but need your help on the following bits of info

A.MILLWALL 0-0
H.READING 0-0
A.DERBY 0-1
A.LEICESTER 3-1
A.GRIMSBY 1-1
A.WOLVES 0-2
A.CHARLTON 3-0
A.PORT V 1-2
A.BARNSLEY 1-1
H.IPSWICH 2-1

So if you could check your programmes I be very grateful

First let me introduce myself I'm Steve and I contribute to the football stats site Soccerbase,

We currently trying to find out stats for seasons starting 92-93 too 95-96 and hit a bit of a brickwall regarding season 95-96.

Some books have been very helpful but need your help on the following bits of info

A.MILLWALL 0-0
H.READING 0-0
A.DERBY 0-1
A.LEICESTER 3-1
A.GRIMSBY 1-1
A.WOLVES 0-2
A.CHARLTON 3-0
A.PORT V 1-2
A.BARNSLEY 1-1
H.IPSWICH 2-1

So if you could check your programmes I be very grateful

http://www.sufcdb.co.uk/ is your friend

@ davewebbbrain I tried that site only have results no subs list.

@The seventies North basically I need the non used subs and played subs of the games in my first post

If no one else has done it, Ill check through my programmes. I know one of those games is Julian Hails hatrick v Leicester

I found a programme for the last home game of 95/95 season against Oldham, which has all the matches above. Unfortunately for you, it has the list of Subs, but no information for Subs used, or who replaced

I really quite like stats and Soccerbase (and would like it even more if they got all the referee details right!) , but can think of few stats that are less important and less interesting than unused subs !

I really quite like stats and Soccerbase (and would like it even more if they got all the referee details right!) , but can think of few stats that are less important and less interesting than unused subs !

I know tell me about it, but unfortunately have to find them.

I remember that Charlton game well. That was my first ever away league game and thought at the time that they'd all be like that. Sadly not.

I've a lot of fanzines from that time and I'm sure that at least one of the fanzines did match reports. I'll take a look.

I went to Barnsley away 1-1.

My stats: 2 pints in pub before game, 1 immediately after, in the Pink Toothbrush that night 5 pints + 1 can of orange Hooch.

Is this helpful?

Might be a silly question but can't the club supply the info?
Nope I doubt very much the club gave any such records. In fact the club have hardly any historical records and hardly any items of historical interest.
The only reason I know that is because of the trouble Dave Goody had in getting all the historical details for his History of Southend United book.

I have all the Programmes for that Season.
So have I and every one is accurately marked to illustrate ht and final score,team changes and list of subs with who they cAME On for,if they did come on-if you still need any of this,

just let me know exactly what.

Need the subs and non used for the games in my first post

any help I would be grateful

thanks

So have I and every one is accurately marked to illustrate ht and final score,team changes and list of subs with who they cAME On for,if they did come on-if you still need any of this,

just let me know exactly what.

I guess you did this yourself then, as the club didn't bother in the programme

Need the subs and non used for the games in my first post

any help I would be grateful

thanks
Steve! This is what you need:-
From home progs you have the 3 listed subs for each game so I will only mention here those subs who came on and who for.-for Reading(home)Tilson appears at 11 AND 12-Martin Hayes was a sub,Tilly played the whole game,Ansah came on for Jones.No changes made during Ipswich home game nor Millwall and Charlton away games.These are the substitutions in the other 6 away games:-

Derby-Sussex for Hails,Jones for Regis.

Leicester-Regis for Thomson.

Grimsby-Thomson for Jones.

Wolves-Byrne for Tilson

Port Vale-Gridlet for Byrne,Bodley for Boere.

Barnsley-Byrne for Thomson.

Obviously I have an extensive prog. collection-people keep telling me what I already know-writing on them greatly reduces their value,but it's my collection and now maybe it's helping someone else!
Don't suppose anyone has a spare copy of the away games at Oldham 97-98 or Workington 1976-77 ??

Hi mate I need all three subs for those above games so playing subs and non playing subs, I have who was withdrawn for the subs

thanks, Steve

Back