• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

97.9p and 109.9p per litre.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Blimey I can't believe how much the fuel prices have dropped over the past couple of weeks. It was only a few months back that I was paying nearly 130p per litre for diesel.

Now the best thing would be for Diesel to drop below the £1 mark and I will be pretty happy. :)

Whats the cheapest any of you lot have paid for petrol/diesel this week?

Dont want to rain on your parade but it'll go up again now OPEC have cut production by 1 million barrels or so.

Dont want to rain on your parade but it'll go up again now OPEC have cut production by 1 million barrels or so.

Ah man Paul why did you have to say that. I knew I would probably end up shooting myself in the foot by starting this thread.

Sorry to sound dumb though but what or who is OPEC and why have they done that?

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is a cartel of twelve countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.

They've done it because a barrel of oil is now about $30 when a few weeks ago it was $100, so therefore with less about the price will rise again.

Capitalism mate, it's great isn't it.

I think there was talk of Unleaded hitting 94.9p today but as MK pointed out, OPEC will cut production so it starts to go back the other way again.

97.9p up here but I've got a 5p a litre off voucher from Tesco's so next time I fill up it will be 92.9 I'm guessing!

It was 47.9 a litre when I passed my test.
Won't be happy until it goes down to around 65p.

97.9p up here but I've got a 5p a litre off voucher from Tesco's so next time I fill up it will be 92.9 I'm guessing!

It was 47.9 a litre when I passed my test.
Won't be happy until it goes down to around 65p.

Jesus I passed my test 5 years ago and have been on the road since the age of 16 so I first filled up my moped over 6 years ago and it was no where near that cheap. I doubt it will get anywhere near either of those figures Rich.

Yep confirmed on Sky News earlier.

Maybe you could draft up a strongly worded letter of complaint to Opec. :)

Haha - well if you read my National Express letter (which you obviously have!) on the locked C2C thread then you know I like to complain! I sent it this morning via email. Waiting with baited breath for the reply.

OPEC best watch out.....

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is a cartel of twelve countries made up of Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.

They've done it because a barrel of oil is now about $30 when a few weeks ago it was $100, so therefore with less about the price will rise again.

Capitalism mate, it's great isn't it.
There's still a lot more carnage to be had in the world yet. The move by OPEC is just protecting them from the oil price seriously dropping by more.

Oh, and as for anyone wanting lower prices on the forecourts. Best you start a downing street demonstration, as a huge majority of the price these days is tax by the government and nothing even to do with the oil companies. (But yes, they do still make too much money, but for how long.)

There's still a lot more carnage to be had in the world yet. The move by OPEC is just protecting them from the oil price seriously dropping by more.

Oh, and as for anyone wanting lower prices on the forecourts. Best you start a downing street demonstration, as a huge majority of the price these days is tax by the government and nothing even to do with the oil companies. (But yes, they do still make too much money, but for how long.)

If I ever see Gordon Brown he is going to get one large dildo up his........

Haha - well if you read my National Express letter (which you obviously have!) on the locked C2C thread then you know I like to complain! I sent it this morning via email. Waiting with baited breath for the reply.

OPEC best watch out.....

I think crap train service is just across the board, theres no escape. My mates facebook status just changed to "Mark despises London Midland train company which is utterly s***e and run by complete ****wits"

Back