• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

98 - 05 Best XI

98 - 05 Best XI - Keeper

• GRIEMINK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FLAHAVAN

• EMBERSON

• ROBINSON

• GAY

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • CAPLETON

• PRUDHOE

• MARGETSON

• HENRIKSEN

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not understand how emberson can be in there, he was awful... as well as greimink and margetson...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 24 2005,09:57)]i do not understand how emberson can be in there, he was awful... as well as greimink and margetson...
Surely you meant Flahavan not Greimink (sic).

Moderators lock this topic!

I can see where this thread is going to go.

sad.gif

I thought we'd decided to agree that we were lucky to have 2 decent keepers at this level. The debate is whether they are good enough for the higher division if we go up and if not who would we go for.

dont lock this topic, very silly to do so.. lets end the darrly bart debate now.this is not what the thread is about. i thought that when henrikson was in goal a coule of times he looked pretty good and capleton was usually very solid...

Pretty **** poor selection of keepers really
sad.gif
, Flavs by default I guess.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 24 2005,10:17)]dont lock this topic, very silly to do so.. lets end the darrly bart debate now.this is not what the thread is about. i thought that when henrikson was in goal a coule of times he looked pretty good and capleton was usually very solid...
As soon as I opened it and looked at the other keepers to choose from I realised that this would turn in to a Bart vs. Darryl no matter what anyone said!!

I went for Mark Prudhoe as a protest vote, purely because I'm not being drawn into a Flavs vs Bart debate. We have two good keepers for this level, let's be happy with that eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We have two good keepers for this level, let's be happy with that eh?
so this post its about who has been the best keeper for the club from 98 till 05 if you cant decide between to vote for the longest to serve the club!

own up who voted for prudhoe!!

i take it you misread the title

we are clearly voting for the best keeper not worst

UP THE BLUES

Woodman wasn't that bad either despite his short spell, but DF for me and has deserved to keep his place in the side (happy with Bart as well though)
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 24 2005,12:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We have two good keepers for this level, let's be happy with that eh?
so this post its about who has been the best keeper for the club from 98 till 05 if you cant decide between to vote for the longest to serve the club!
If you can't decide between Flahavan and Griemink watch videos from this and previous seasons.

Then count the number of goals we concede from corners, crosses, from the defenders having to defend too deep to compensate for a keeper who can't dominate his own 6 yard box and then compare it to the number of goals we concede that you think that the keeper should have got a hand to the shot.

IMHO the most important factor for a goalkeeper is commanding your area and not shot-stopping.

So when deciding don't be swayed by who is the most spectacular keeper, but watch how many times the keeper comes and stops and goes again and gets caught in no mans land, count the number of times crosses go across the 6 yard box and the keeper remains rooted to his line, and watch the number of times the keeper comes and punches the ball but it doesn't even clear the penalty area.

I fully expect the normal pro-midget backlash saying how well Darryl's played last couple of games, and he did pull off a cracking save against Scunthorpe and also supposedly one against Northampton (haven't seen it yet), but in these last few games he has definitely been riding his luck - Shrewsbury put in 5 crosses in and around the 6 yard box, Darryl claimed just one, fortunately they didn't have anyone to finish them off. Against Bristol Rovers he so nearly cost us a goal when he came for a cross and go nowhere near it. Fortunately again the Rovers player missed the gaping goal. In another recent game (I can't remember which) his punch didn't even clear the penalty area, leaving us in all sorts of difficulty. He is still a liability waiting to happen. Get well soon Bart.

Seems particularly harsh. The one thing I was looking out for at Mansfield the other week was how Darryl would deal with crosses.

No indecision and when he did come, he took everything. The pressure they put on us from corners was largely due to very poor defending.

Of course, that was only one game and I shall be scrutinising again Saturday.

Very close between Bart and Darryl but I chose Bart because I think his making Darryl produce some of his best goalkeeping to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back