• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Players were in at 7.30am weds morning as punishment. Just like Brown has been known to call in the players for Sunday morning sessions after a loss. Not a great way to manage and a near certain way to lose your changing room. On the pettiness and punishment subject, this is the reason that Brown made Ranger play against Billericay, it was a punishment because he was late for training that day.

Right that's the final straw for me. I can no longer defend PB......

Forcing a professional footballer into such a humiliating, belittling tasks......Like playing in a game of.......Football.....Not just any game of football but one for his own team. Just because he can't get out of bed and repay the faith shown in him by the club its fans and even the manger.

Forget Ratko Mladic on trial in the Hague, why we haven't got that megalomaniac Brown on trial for crimes against generation Snowflake is totally beyond me.

Players were in at 7.30am weds morning as punishment. Just like Brown has been known to call in the players for Sunday morning sessions after a loss. Not a great way to manage and a near certain way to lose your changing room. On the pettiness and punishment subject, this is the reason that Brown made Ranger play against Billericay, it was a punishment because he was late for training that day.

I don't think we need to worry about that, I had a look over his shoulder the other day and he had this:

Untitled.jpg

On the pettiness and punishment subject, this is the reason that Brown made Ranger play against Billericay, it was a punishment because he was late for training that day.

I thought Ranger had the last laugh with his mystery injury that meant he was substituted quite early in the game.

I thought Ranger had the last laugh with his mystery injury that meant he was substituted quite early in the game.

Nile Ranger averages a goal every 22 minutes in the Essex Senior Cup.

Surely there's no better strike rate in world football ?
How can we afford to keep such a prolific goalscorer out of out team?
Brown out ! :tease:

Why is training at 9am?

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...o_be_recalled_if_he_turns_up_on_time/?ref=rss

Players generally need to be primed to perform at 3pm or 7:45pm, so it would seem strange to me to have their routine so they turn up at 9am each morning. This is obviously the way it has always been done and imagine there's no difference club to club, but I wonder if there is any scientific basis to this and whether there may actually be a more optimal time?

I've read studies suggesting that school should start later for teenagers who generally require more sleep. Now that's less of an issue for us as we only ever play teenagers as a last resort, but people have different circadian rhythms: some people are night owls and some are morning larks. Training beginning at 9am would seem to discriminate against night owls (especially with the distance of commutes many players will face). Might we get more out of those players who naturally operate on a later schedule by making training later?

Other studies suggest that decision making may be better at certain times of the day depending on that individual's biological disposition.

Might we get a competitive edge by switching training time to the afternoon which is more aligned to when we want players to peak performance wise?

The way Nile Ranger is going he will need to be primed to perform at 9am on a Sunday morning.

And backs up why our training session for the JBs was moved from its normal time of 10.30 to midday.

Sol has also stopped them having breakfast together as they used to at the training ground - and thrown a load of their much loved sauces out. Who knows, even Nile Ranger may have managed to get in on time under Sol!

Why would Sol throw sauces out?

Unless he is replacing own brand for Heinz tomato and HP Brown?

Something needed to change and if players are saying it’s good already shows there was something not quite right.

Players will say anything that changes is good if it excuses them for any failings carried out previously......

I’ve seen the same quotes when Powell left and Bond took over, when Bond left and Waddock took over and now Waddock leaving for Sol.

Players will say anything that changes is good if it excuses them for any failings carried out previously......

I’ve seen the same quotes when Powell left and Bond took over, when Bond left and Waddock took over and now Waddock leaving for Sol.

Indeed! By that score we should have been getting better and better and better, instead of worse and worse and worse!

When Ron threatened the players with double sessions a while back some of the players looked forward to it.....Others obviously didn't.

I guess quotes would differ, depending on whether you are part of the Ronnie Whelan appreciation society...... Or one of the younger players who don't drink.

Indeed! By that score we should have been getting better and better and better, instead of worse and worse and worse!

You miss my point......the managers change, the excuses stay the same.....it’s not the times, the sessions, the conditions, the facilities, the schedules....it’s the players who are the ones that have to do more.

In any business how you treat the staff depends on the staff themselves. No harm in having ketchup & mayo available if the players have enough self discipline not to use it and leave it for the non-playing staff. I suspect we have too many 'unprofessionals' who will take a mile if given an inch, and Sol has already picked up on it. We may not have the most talented squad in L1 but I agree with Ron that it's massively underachieving and there has to be reasons for that. I don't know Powell, Bond, or Waddock personally, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather face any one of them after a bad performance than a stoney-faced Sol Campbell.

In any business how you treat the staff depends on the staff themselves. No harm in having ketchup & mayo available if the players have enough self discipline not to use it and leave it for the non-playing staff. I suspect we have too many 'unprofessionals' who will take a mile if given an inch, and Sol has already picked up on it. We may not have the most talented squad in L1 but I agree with Ron that it's massively underachieving and there has to be reasons for that. I don't know Powell, Bond, or Waddock personally, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather face any one of them after a bad performance than a stoney-faced Sol Campbell.

I understand the concept of marginal gains but how many points a season do condiments really cost us?

Due to limited training time how do you remedy poor tactics and extreme poor perfomances without some extra sessions.More to do with certain players attitudes ....when things are going wrong the real battlers and professionals will put in the extra time and effort ....but some journeymen will moan and down tools..Respect of the manager and his decisions will also play a big part....this is where Sol has an advantage over the last 2 in the seat

I’m pretty certain it was Arsene Wenger, when at Arsenal, that took players sauces away there as well.

Back