• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
We at ShrimperZone FC are currently in the process of organising a charity football event, to raise money and awareness for the Angelina Our Star Appeal. The main event will be a continuous 11-a-side “Sunrise to Sunset” football match.

The Angelina Our Star Appeal (charity number: 235825) is a local charity that has been set up in memory of Angelina Vidler, who lost her life at the age of 5and a half to Wilms’ tumor – a rare childhood cancer. All monies raised will help to fund a new project at Great Ormond Street Childrens’ Hospital, which will transform the Hospital's ability to develop safer and more effective new treatments for children with cancer. For more information about the charity please see their website http://www.angelinaourstar.org.uk/.

We would ask the good folk of ShrimperZone to lend their support in any way they can. Be it joining the SZ.com team, who will be playing during the match, (as managed by McNasty), donating raffle / auction prizes, or sponsoring the event through http://www.justgiving.com/angelinaourstar. We would ask that anyone who sponsors through the justgiving site adds SZ in their comments so that we can monitor how much we raise.

The event itself will be held on Saturday 9th May at the PlayFootball centre (next to The Chase in Prittlewell – http://www.playfootball.net/Southend/index.htm ) who have kindly agreed to let us hold the event there. In accordance with the sunrise and sunset times for this date the game will kick off at precisely 5.11am and the final whistle will be at 8.35pm.

As well as having the “Sunrise to Sunset” football match going on we are planning on having other methods to raise money for the Angelina Our Star Appeal. Subject to confirmation, these are likely to include; a raffle, crossbar challenge and a hardest shot competition. In addition, we plan on making a night of it as well, and will have full use of the Function Room in the evening for a well-deserved drink.

It would be really good to see as many people over there as possible, either during the day or in the bar in the evening. If anyone requires any further information on the event or how they can get involved, please feel free to pm me or TheFlyingScotsman.

Thanks for your time, and your support.

On behalf of The ShrimperZone FC Committee.

Come on guys, you donated more money to a leeds fan! Thanks to those who have put in. It is appreciated

Come on guys, you donated more money to a leeds fan! Thanks to those who have put in. It is appreciated

The support and money raised by the toellandback was an awesome effort and any worthy charity that can benefit from individuals efforts is a good thing. Im sure, even with times being as tough as they are, that the good folk of ShrimperZone will lend equal support this worthy cause.

Exactly Number11, both events are to be applauded for raising money for such good causes.

As someone who knew Angelina from the day she was born, in fact in someways before that as I met her parents at the Ante Natal classes we attended prior to the birth of my own daughter. This appeal means a lot to me.

Until Angelina was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumor I had never heard of it, which I am sure is the same for the most of the posters on this board.

Unlike Leukaemia and Lymphoma there sadly is no dedicated Wilms research team in the UK as yet. However by raising awareness and providing enough funds to support Great Ormond Street Hospital - eventually we can ensure that Wilms tumor is researched, giving answers to the questions we all ask - 'Why ?', 'How ? ' and 'Can it be prevented?'.

I cannot really imagine what Angelina's parents are going through after losing their beautiful daughter to this cancer. It has been hard for me trying to explain to my 6 year old daughter why she will not see Angelina again. Lucy take comfort from that she sure that Angelina is looking down on us all from above. Every time the sky is full of stars Lucy will wave to Angelina.

However I am lucky as Lucy is still here, but I want to do whatever I can to ensure that others can be as lucky.

So we need to try to save other 'Angel's' from Wilms. More research is required, only Appeal's like Angelinaourstar and help from You will raise the much needed funds and increase awareness of this rare cancer.

I thank you for taking time to read this post. And if you can spare just a few pound it will be gratefully received as it will go along way to the £100,000 target that we have been told is needed for such a research team to be created.

Just a quick message of good luck to everyone involved in this tomorrow.

I'll be attending my little daughter's 4th birthday party tomorrow and reading about this little girl and her family has made me appreciate even more how lucky we are to have a fit and healthy girl who will be centre of attention for the day.

Hope it all goes well and you raise loads of money and have a great time doing it. I'm sure they'll be a few sore limbs on Sunday morning but it will all be worth it.

It was an amazing day! Raised alot of money for a great cause to but i doubt many of us will be able to walk properly tomorrow, my legs are killing me!!

Night Em, and I think i am going to do the same, but after a nice cup of tea.

Thanks to all the SZ.com for taking part to day and making it a really great day.

OBL - Your cakes, cheesecake, pavlovas and the little choccie cups were really nice and thank you for taking the trouble to provide this for us.

Night Em, and I think i am going to do the same, but after a nice cup of tea.

Thanks to all the SZ.com for taking part to day and making it a really great day.

OBL - Your cakes, cheesecake, pavlovas and the little choccie cups were really nice and thank you for taking the trouble to provide this for us.

****ing cheese cake and pavlova I never saw any of them at the end of season do

****ing cheese cake and pavlova I never saw any of them at the end of season do

And I told you I'd make them for this!

You're very welcome - I've never seen desserts disappear so quick! Well done to you all, I understand a very, very sizeable amount of money was raised.

Back