• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
1) In the 91/2 season we played which country's international XI in a pre-season friendly and what was the score?
2) In the 96/7 season, we played 2 testimonials, one for Frankie Banks, who was the other one for?
3) In the 98/9 season, we played 2 away league games in front of less than 2,000 fans. Who were the sides we played?
4) In the 92/3 season, only 6 different players scored for us before Stan the Man arrived - who were they?
5) On the 10th February 1996 we reached our highest league position under Whelan - how high did we get?
6) In the 93/4 season, where was the biggest crowd we played against, and what was the score?
7) Name the player who played more than 70 times for Southend in the 90s

Crystal Palace
Southend United
Colchester United (loan)
Colchester United
Bristol City
Luton Town
Hornchurch
Bromley
Tooting & Mitcham United
Whyteleafe

8) Which former defender said that one of the highlights of his overall career would be his winning goal against West Ham United, in the Championship (when he played for a later team)
9) When Palace beat us 6-1 in 1996,six different Palace players scored. One of these played for us some years after - name him
10) In the 1994/5 season, whose protest did we join in a joint green card demonstration?

1) In the 91/2 season we played which country's international XI in a pre-season friendly and what was the score?
2) In the 96/7 season, we played 2 testimonials, one for Frankie Banks, who was the other one for?
3) In the 98/9 season, we played 2 away league games in front of less than 2,000 fans. Who were the sides we played?
4) In the 92/3 season, only 6 different players scored for us before Stan the Man arrived - who were they?
5) On the 10th February 1996 we reached our highest league position under Whelan - how high did we get?
6) In the 93/4 season, where was the biggest crowd we played against, and what was the score?
7) Name the player who played more than 70 times for Southend in the 90s

Crystal Palace
Southend United
Colchester United (loan)
Colchester United
Bristol City
Luton Town
Hornchurch
Bromley
Tooting & Mitcham United
Whyteleafe

8) Which former defender said that one of the highlights of his overall career would be his winning goal against West Ham United, in the Championship (when he played for a later team)
9) When Palace beat us 6-1 in 1996,six different Palace players scored. One of these played for us some years after - name him
10) In the 1994/5 season, whose protest did we join in a joint green card demonstration?

6 answers now-the re.t later I hope -give me a few mins please!

3. Hartlepool,rochdale

4 Benji,Cornwell,,Powell,O Callaghan,Ansah,,Martin

5. 4th

6 Wolves 0 Blues 1

7. Adam Locke

9. Scott Houghton

number 1. We beat New Zealand 4-2 but I don't think it was pre-season
2: Graham Bressington

number 1. We beat New Zealand 4-2 but I don't think it was pre-season
2: Graham Bressington

Missed all the fun, just seen this.

New Zealand match definitely mid-season or later.

6 answers now-the re.t later I hope -give me a few mins please!

3. Hartlepool,rochdale

4 Benji,Cornwell,,Powell,O Callaghan,Ansah,,Martin

5. 4th

6 Wolves 0 Blues 1

7. Adam Locke

9. Scott Houghton

I rushed my answer to no.9,it was Dougie Freedman.

Because of the moaning, I will give correct answers at 3pm today. I will PM those who answer individually.

It's gone 4pm. Where are the answers?
witchhunt.gif

1) In the 91/2 season we played which country's international XI in a pre-season friendly and what was the score? New Zealand - 4-2 (it was mid-season)
2) In the 96/7 season, we played 2 testimonials, one for Frankie Banks, who was the other one for? Bressington
3) In the 98/9 season, we played 2 away league games in front of less than 2,000 fans. Who were the sides we played? Rochdale and Hartlepool. We also played at Exeter in the cup in front of a similar amount
4) In the 92/3 season, only 6 different players scored for us before Stan the Man arrived - who were they? Benamin, Ansah, Martin, Powell, OCallaghan and Cornwell
5) On the 10th February 1996 we reached our highest league position under Whelan - how high did we get? 4th
6) In the 93/4 season, where was the biggest crowd we played against, and what was the score? Wolves, 0-1 win (G Jones). 23,774 attendance
7) Name the player who played more than 70 times for Southend in the 90s (Adam Locke)

Crystal Palace
Southend United
Colchester United (loan)
Colchester United
Bristol City
Luton Town
Hornchurch
Bromley
Tooting & Mitcham United
Whyteleafe

8) Which former defender said that one of the highlights of his overall career would be his winning goal against West Ham United, in the Championship (when he played for a later team) Guy Butters for Brighton
9) When Palace beat us 6-1 in 1996,six different Palace players scored. One of these played for us some years after - name him Freedman
10) In the 1994/5 season, whose protest did we join in a joint green card demonstration? Sheffield United
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...#v=onepage&q=southend 1994 green card&f=false

Just to be pedantic on question 6. We didn't play against the crowd. We played against the team. It doesn't matter how many people are in the crowd, it is still 11v11.

:raspberry:

That was a shocker of a game that 6-1 defeat to palace. I left at 5-0 back to the cherry tree. Only knew we had scored by the teletext on in the pub.

That was a shocker of a game that 6-1 defeat to palace. I left at 5-0 back to the cherry tree. Only knew we had scored by the teletext on in the pub.

But not as bad as the defeat in league cup 6 years earlier 9-0 with Wright and Bright both getting hatricks ! Thats my worst defeat since 1968 !

Back