• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
In 31 years of watching the blues my all time fav goal is David Crown against Wigan when we won 3-2 when we was 2-0 down and Crowns goal made it 3-2

However I think Mohsni goal today might just of taken the best goal I have ever seen at Roots hall.

I will watch it on telly tonight to decide but when Mohsni got the ball and he had 4 blue shirts around him I did not expect a strike from 35 yards that flew into the goal.

Also Mohsni was so angry at full time at the result, it was great to see him run off down the tunnel without getting into any issues

Alam moody at roota hall. Brett angel v west hamFrank wirthington. For tranmere in the 80s. So myDad says

Damon Searle's impossible volley from what seemed at the time, about 50 yards out against Rushden/Carlisle(?)

It was a great goal, as was Ryan's today. Best ever? No, I don't think so.

Yeah Freddy Eastwood v man u is always gonna be up there.

George Friend against Southampton when we lost 3-1 a couple of season ago was an absolute wicked goal too.

Mohsni Bilel today, what a cracker. Ryan Hall v Gillingham, there's many.

Frank Worthington did play for Tranmere and indeed scored against Southend at Roots Hall in the mid 1980's - I think the match ended 2-2 with Richard Cadette getting a late one for Southend.

Frank Worthington did play for Tranmere and indeed scored against Southend at Roots Hall in the mid 1980's - I think the match ended 2-2 with Richard Cadette getting a late one for Southend.

They could have done with you on Eggheads....Harry doesn't know much :winking:

In 31 years of watching the blues my all time fav goal is David Crown against Wigan when we won 3-2 when we was 2-0 down and Crowns goal made it 3-2

However I think Mohsni goal today might just of taken the best goal I have ever seen at Roots hall.

I will watch it on telly tonight to decide but when Mohsni got the ball and he had 4 blue shirts around him I did not expect a strike from 35 yards that flew into the goal.

Also Mohsni was so angry at full time at the result, it was great to see him run off down the tunnel without getting into any issues

Bit of a Badger love in going on here

Indeed he did, he scored 21 goals in 59 games. Shame he never joined his brothers Dave & Bob at Roots Hall.

Just saw it again on TV - if anybody thinks Eastwood's or Friend's goals were better than that then they're living on another planet! That was from fully 30 yards + at the very least and it whizzed into the top corner. Plus he meant it. Searle's was a good finish but to this day I still don't think he meant it so it had a slice of luck about it...

Most similar goal to that one was down the other end but was Paul Byrne's against Norwich.

Like Byrne's, Bilel's goal will be five yards further back every time it's brought up!

It was a great goal, as was Ryan's today. Best ever? No, I don't think so.

If you get a chance to see it on the telly, it really is special.
As a defender as we know he is, with 35 yards out it was a strike that was like a bullet into the top corner

Is now my fav goal at Roots hall

Agree it was a fabulous strike and I am still gobsmacked, but I believe the only reason that he shot was that he didn't know what else to do with the ball - mind you it was a great decision in the end!!

I love the guy and his strike was exceptional but best goal ever -don't think so?!

It's a good job we keep scoring these goals from outside the box because we definitely can't score from inside the six yard box. Was it good ? Oh yeah. Was it the best ? Nope. Will we still talk about it for years ? Probably !!!!!!!!!

Back