• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millwall go to Rochdale on Tuesday night - Rochdale scored 4 yesterday but seem to blow hot and cold.
Oxford are at home to Bolton

And then on Saturday whilst we are away at Wimbledon,

Millwall are away at struggling Swindon,
Fleetwood are away at Bury and
Bolton are away at Shrewsbury

On Sunday Bradford are away at Scunthorpe

The following Tuesday sees Sheffield United at home to Millwall.

So many permutations and possible twists before March is done and finished with.

Bit of a cliché but all we can do is concentrate on AFC Wimbledon and then our remaining games. If we do the business a play off spot will be ours

Scunthorpe are the ones for us to catch, they have really folded up in recent games with just one win and six defeats in their last ten games. Come on, Bradford!!

Scunny have faded recently, and have some difficult games and agree they can be caught.

I would dearly love to see us push Millwall out of the play offs. They have 3 games most weeks until the end of the season and will hopefully tire.

That said It means nothing unless we win our games. Every game is NOW crucial. If we play like we did in the final 35 on Saturday, then here we come, if not then it's anyone's.

COYBs!!

Last edited:
Realistically it looks as if Millwall, Bradford and Scunthorpe are the teams we can catch. As long as we finish above one of them then we should be ok provided someone behind us doesn't win almost every game they play.

Scunthorpe are the ones for us to catch, they have really folded up in recent games with just one win and six defeats in their last ten games. Come on, Bradford!!

It's only 5 wins and 6 draws in 20 games so it would need a big turn round from them especially as their next three are Bradford, Millwall, and Bolton.

I still think its in our own hands. 5 wins from the last 8 should be enough for a play-off spot (I hope!!)

If we make the play offs it will be a bonus. All I would like to see is that we play well and do not let the season taper off disappointingly. I fancy Sheffield United and Bolton are going to finish first and second and for us to be in the play offs it will be at the expense of Millwall or Scunthorpe. I think on our day we could beat any of the teams likely to figure in the play offs but if we don't the season will have been a success just by reaching them.

I really, really hope Millwall implode following their FA Cup exploits and fail to win any of their games in hand - feeling of deja vu for us!

No point in focusing on anything but three points at Dons. It really does not matter what anyone else does at this stage. Is all about us...for now!

I really, really hope Millwall implode following their FA Cup exploits and fail to win any of their games in hand - feeling of deja vu for us!

I think everyone other than millwall fans would like that

So where is our game against Bolton in that table? Surely that counts as a "hard game"?

The article mentions past probabilities were calculated based on how teams were doing at the time of the fixture, given that we were crap at the start of the season I'm guessing the 10 games we had the lowest probability of winning (which are the 'hard games' in this chart) all came when we looked a sure bet for relegation, even though if we played those fixtures now they'd probably be flagged as normal or even easy games. I suspect for similar reasons that's why Sheffield United don't have any 'hard' fixtures left since they also had a bad start. It's a bit misleading in that sense.

The article mentions past probabilities were calculated based on how teams were doing at the time of the fixture, given that we were crap at the start of the season I'm guessing the 10 games we had the lowest probability of winning (which are the 'hard games' in this chart) all came when we looked a sure bet for relegation, even though if we played those fixtures now they'd probably be flagged as normal or even easy games. I suspect for similar reasons that's why Sheffield United don't have any 'hard' fixtures left since they also had a bad start. It's a bit misleading in that sense.

Thank you for the explanation ........... as you say it is a little misleading to say the least.

Thank you for the explanation ........... as you say it is a little misleading to say the least.

don't think it's fair to say it's misleading when the article clearly explains how the probabilities are calculated. I also don't think it's an unreasonable assumption necessarily, but do agree that it does result in some matches not being indicated as 'hard' when you'd expect them to be. For us it's just the Bolton (H) fixture, and Scunthorpe have two home matches again Bradford and Bolton that aren't in their top ten, but the away match at MK Dons (17th) is.

Back