• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby dazzler

Manager
The team I Manage were ball boys for this Saturdays game and we certainly could not have picked a better game to be at. We were welcomed before the game and taken into the underbelly of Roots Hall. We entered through the players entrance and straight past the away dressing room and into the ball boys dressing room. The music was pounding and it was obvious the Blues were ready and pumped up for it.
The boys were asked to get the ball back as quickly as possible so that the Blues could stay on the front foot. Our goalkeeper was put next to the South Bank goal to ensure the keeper gets the ball back as quickly as possible.
The club took photos for us before the game and the players then come in and have a squad photo taken with them.
Little things like putting their names in the program and being announced over the tannoy are nice little touches as well.
The game was an absolute belter and I have been known to criticize TBV in the past as from my regular seat in the East Blacks we can barely hear them most games.
Many Apologies gents !!!
I was sat to the left of you yesterday ( the other side of the wall) and I could not hear myself think !!!! Awesome noise from start to finish and you could see what the players thought about it. Even their manager commented on how intimidating it was for them.
One of my boys sat infront of TBV was still smiling today at our game !!!
My son was infront of the Scunny fans and has picked up some colourful northern phrases as well.
After the game we got changed and were led out past their changing room. Graeme Alexander was in the corridor with a face like thunder kicking a bottle and the wall to relieve his anger when one of my cheeky sods said 'Better luck next time Loser' !!! A hasty exit was made !
I couldn't have asked for a better day for the lads and it now ranks up there with the day we all went to Wembley together to see that legendary Wycombe game.

Blues in their hearts for ever now !

SUFC also put on free coaching sessions on a Wednesday night at King Edmunds School for 90 minutes and our team benefit from the very helpful and professional coaches that give over their time.

The club are often seen in a negative light but there is a huge amount of good work they do that goes unnoticed.

A great insight. My boy will be a ball boy on 1st April when we play Oldham and I hope he has half as much a good time as your lot did
Just an aside, I remember you saying they Ashingdon U14. It that White or Blue?

We are Whites (with a couple of Blues and a couple from Elmwood Colts who are all friends)
I know your boys will enjoy the day as they are made to feel very welcome.

We are Whites (with a couple of Blues and a couple from Elmwood Colts who are all friends)
I know your boys will enjoy the day as they are made to feel very welcome.

Elmwood are in our division and my boy goes to the same school as a few of the Elmwood lads and played with a couple of them last season at Leigh Ramblers and actually played Ashingdon whites U13 last season, tall lad, glasses, plays up front, scored a hat trick against you at our home pitch, though I think you still beat us 4-7

Back