• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A bit of cheering up for you!

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Crap season so far (even though we are unbeaten in 2020), so have a bit of nostalgia with this vid. The marvellous Alf singing Blue with some very dodgy footage from times not so long past and some absolutely brilliant memories.

Yes........cheered me up probably because I love both Southend and Alison Moyet Lol
A few good photographs in there from the Tilson days........

Does she go to the matches?

Not stalking, just asking....:Whistling:

She used to a lot. She would even stand in the old North Bank. Then she moved away and would be seen every now and again. Don't think she's been seen for a while, and got a bit annoyed on here when a poster suggested she should invest her money in the club to help out.

She used to a lot. She would even stand in the old North Bank. Then she moved away and would be seen every now and again. Don't think she's been seen for a while, and got a bit annoyed on here when a poster suggested she should invest her money in the club to help out.
Can't say I blame her, believe she used to enjoy the fact she was just another person. Makes me think of the perpetual issue of our club song (or lack of) - why not 'Only You' by Yazoo, local girl, Southend fan, and bloody easy to sing.

Alison speaking on here in 2009.
Southend was the first game I ever went to under my own steam. 1977. SUFC is my team. I was a season ticket holder for a good number of years when i could still get baby sitters and could make my children spend saturdays round someone else's house. This is no longer the case but I don't suppose I am the only supporter for whom life gets in the way of selfish pursuits. I followed home and away (yes I live in Watford but the only time i ever went to Vicarage Road was when The Blues were playing there). Through the late 70's I played gigs sunday nights at Roots Hall countless times. I went to college in Southend. A basildon girl - Southend was my local club and I am proud of it. As for celebrity, what i loved about going to Roots Hall was being in the middle of a crowd of my people. People i grew up with. People with the same reference points as me. People with whom i became friends and were there to see the same thing that I was....not my sorry arse. What I love about being one of the crowd is exactly that. That I am no more significant than any other git that goes. Thank you to those who remember me there when the crowds were significantly smaller than of late and when i added my voice to the rest of you, from the west stand and not the directors box. I did not go to be some bizarre mascot. I went because I loved to go and get behind my team.

It might not have gone unnoticed but i was never in Elton John's league. i have nowhere near the spare cash to save a football club..even my football club and if I did help I wouldn't be telling everyone about it. Takes me onto my last point. Anyone that knows me knows I don't tend to get into dialogue with people i don't know. Might sound rum to some of you but there it is. Have always been that way...I am a singer, not a celebrity and not a spokes person and not socially comfortable. I have a team. My team is SUFC like the rest of you here. I can't tell you how bad it makes me feel that i have to justify this to you or that i need to defend my right to belong as a faceless supporter like any other in a place that for me was home.

Didn't she come on here and give TrueBlue a right tongue lashing once too, much later than this?

Didn't she come on here and give TrueBlue a right tongue lashing once too, much later than this?

Not really, but he started the thread by saying this.....Does anybody get the impression she does not give a **** about SUFC?
Then he went on the steak dinner usual thing he did at that time.
Then a few more added some nasty and untrue stuff, and she finally responded, with a brilliant post I thought.

The last time I know of she was sitting in the West about two or three seasons ago

Back