• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is not a breath in the air, all is still as the sun starts its journey up into an expectant crystal clear blue sky only streaked with early plane trails off to foriegn lands (and Cole Ewe). An early morning frost is quickly burnt away - the chill dawn will soon warm up, and the first chorus of Spring starts to mummur expectantly.

I let Shrimper the dog out for his early morn pee, spotting Bramble the cat he ambles over for a mutual sniff. This is not a day for confrontation in the ranks, solidarity must prevail. And Bramble, of many pound weight, is fed up of losing the chase - time to recognise this and use other skills as she sniffs Shrimper back. Freddy the cat comes into view. Young, sleek and powerful, he spots the pair in mutual sniff, acknowledges their presence with a cautionary glance, and moves away into the fields to complete a hatrick of kills already that day, the mashed remains lying like trophies by the garage door.

Inside the house is starting to stir. No. 3 son ambles bleary eyed down the stairs. No words are exchanged but he smiles, he knows today is important. From the top of the house the early strains of 'Seasiders, Soul Survivors' travel downwards from a bedroom as I suspect No. 1 son prepares for the day ahead.

Yes, it's here. It's vital. It means a great deal.

Come on Tilly & Co.

Up the Blues,

Suffolk Shrimper:)

brings a tear to my eye... i wish i was going and not playing stupid hockey!

.... and in the distance the sound of tractors chugging, laboured and ordinary, driving up and down, up and down, in the muddy furrows of their waterlogged fields. Slow and cumbersome, unable to move, devoid of pace or acceleration, in need of serious overhaul, and put to shame by the pace and style of the sleek blue vehicles that flash past them on the roads. Come on you Blues!!

Great post Suffolk Shrimper.

Makes a good read after a full on night in the city :minger:

Well it was my last day as a city boy, so you can imagine the hangover this morning!

Can't wait to get on the train and get upto Ipswich.

Many other travelling this morning?

Sort your life out! - good coming from me I know! :hilarious:

haha i know mate... it's what happens when I'm skint and am actually quite good at hockey, i end up agreeing to play and then gutted that i miss out on some games. however ive sorted some cash now and booked up loads of advanced tickets for the blues so i am definitely getting down to the home games for the rest of the season:finger:

haha i know mate... it's what happens when I'm skint and am actually quite good at hockey, i end up agreeing to play and then gutted that i miss out on some games. however ive sorted some cash now and booked up loads of advanced tickets for the blues so i am definitely getting down to the home games for the rest of the season:finger:

Superb! :cool:

Nice to be reading your posts again TrueBlue, hope you're feeling better.

Lifes not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit.

Well I will be at the game today its been a real boost all the kind words from everybody, I know my views are not to everybodys taste but for the likes of MK Shrimper for example who I have had a few clashes with to come on and wish me all the best that just made it even more special!

3 points today ****ING COME ON SOUTHEND!

ON TO VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....

Well I will be at the game today its been a real boost all the kind words from everybody, I know my views are not to everybodys taste but for the likes of MK Shrimper for example who I have had a few clashes with to come on and wish me all the best that just made it even more special!

Awww Scott, you're welcome. Let's enjoy the day mate, all Shrimpers together regardless of any politics. :)

it's what shrimperzone is about mate!! might not agree with everyone here but wouldbe more than up for sinking a beer with you all and discussing our shared love of SUFC!

and I'll be blasting out "ring of fire" on the way to saffron walden today as well!

Great post Suffolk Shrimper.

Makes a good read after a full on night in the city :minger:

Well it was my last day as a city boy, so you can imagine the hangover this morning!

Can't wait to get on the train and get upto Ipswich.

Many other travelling this morning?

Yep on the 10am train from rayleigh with 8 others!

Nice read, good Stuff SS....

I wont be going today as I have a fooking trapped Nerve in my back and its killing me Grrr.:cry:

Back