• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If PB has any sense he'll field a team of yoofs so that we can concentrate on more important matters such as the league.

I agree. At the very least the other squad players. ie Timlin, Hurst (when fit), Conor etc

If PB has any sense he'll field a team of yoofs so that we can concentrate on more important matters such as the league.

Tend to agree with you on the basis that the trip to Wembley probably cost us auto promotion last year. Been there done it got the tee shirt do we really want to go through it again on a small squad and miss out again? I know there were probably many who couldn't make the trip for whatever reason last year who would disagree. But the lack of the so anticipated atmosphere, the team not really turning up on the day, the weird formation sellection and indeed lossing hardly made it the highlight of my life.

Or you could argue that the hundreds of thousands of pounds that the club received has kept us going for another season.

And you could say that without the cup run, last season was more or less unforgettable.

If it were a straight choice between cup or promotion, I would chose promotion. But there are far more factors to consider.

And for that reason, I'm out.

If PB has any sense he'll make sure that we go all the way.

God knows how much financial trouble we'd have been in if we hadn't have made it to Wembley, Wembley last season. Plus the confidence and momentum that comes from winning games is vital in this division.

If PB has any sense he'll make sure that we go all the way.

God knows how much financial trouble we'd have been in if we hadn't have made it to Wembley, Wembley last season. Plus the confidence and momentum that comes from winning games is vital in this division.

Promotion to league one has to be more financially rewarding than the cup run and trip to wembley?

Tend to agree with you on the basis that the trip to Wembley probably cost us auto promotion last year. Been there done it got the tee shirt do we really want to go through it again on a small squad and miss out again?

Yes, absolutely we should go through it all again. I think returning to Wembley one year on to lose in the final again is just what we need to set ourselves up to win the play-offs, when we'll only take around 6,000 or so supporters, everyone will be expecting us to lose and the pressure will be off. It might go all the way to extra time, but Freddy will score a goal to put us in the driving seat and then John White will make a storming run down the pitch to score a second in the dying minutes.

It's quite clearly the key to success in the play-offs.

Promotion to league one has to be more financially rewarding than the cup run and trip to wembley?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

We got to the JPT final before (think it was LDV back then), then next season we got to the final again and won promotion from league 2 via the playoffs.

We got to the JPT final before (think it was LDV back then), then next season we got to the final again and won promotion from league 2 via the playoffs.

True but we completely fell apart after losing that final and blew automatic promotion. Luckily we regained our composure and form for the playoffs but losing that final certainly affected the team.

True but we completely fell apart after losing that final and blew automatic promotion. Luckily we regained our composure and form for the playoffs but losing that final certainly affected the team.

Bet Bradford regret losing their final last season.

Fair point but last season we lost a lot of players through injury and we had a depleted squad as it is. With us being limited to 20 players we need to make sure they stay injury free and fit. Our issue last season was never having a consistent starting line up due to injuries. Playing all these extra games will not help the likes of Eastwood/Corr/Phillips.

Seriously, it means nothing. No one is going to start bragging about the fact we win the JPT trophy. It's like the FA trophy, but less worthwhile an award.

in my opinion it railroaded our campaign last season as well as injuring a key player. Would rather bow out early doors and get stuck into the promotion challenge which we've begun quite well.

I'll never feel proud to win a JPT. Ever.

All have valid points but the one thing a decent cup can help with , apart from the money , is keeping the bench warmers fit and focussed, sorry to call them bench warmers as looking at the players on the subs bench, they probably dont deserve to be called that.But the JPT is a good tournament to press their claims for an automatic starting berth in the first eleven.

Agree with all the points made above, but the club needs the income that a good cup run provides. The moment Reeves scuffed that equaliser against Orient will always live long in the memory - so I retain a soft spot for this particular comp.

Back