• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i'm on honeymoon with the wife but she's asking what Chicken made of today's game. What's the word Mr N?
Well, funny you should ask, Bearded, but the first thing I did as I got back to Fort Nox after the game today was see if the old boy had kept himself dry as he's been staying out on his precarious perch outside even with all the horrific rain we've had. He looked like a scranny old bedraggled rat this morning before I left but I was pleased to see that he was cooped up safely in a new box that Mrs Nox had found for him and placed it in a sheltered area outside. He got the point - and so did we. It's a kind of a win:win if it hadn't been a draw. Thanks to the newly betrothed Mrs Bearded for asking after him and I hope that you are having a tiptoptastic honeymoon.

Well, funny you should ask, Bearded, but the first thing I did as I got back to Fort Nox after the game today was see if the old boy had kept himself dry as he's been staying out on his precarious perch outside even with all the horrific rain we've had. He looked like a scranny old bedraggled rat this morning before I left but I was pleased to see that he was cooped up safely in a new box that Mrs Nox had found for him and placed it in a sheltered area outside. He got the point - and so did we. It's a kind of a win:win if it hadn't been a draw. Thanks to the newly betrothed Mrs Bearded for asking after him and I hope that you are having a tiptoptastic honeymoon.

cheers, glad he's keeping well. I've tried to get the new Mrs Bearded into football for all of our 11 years together but so far nothing, apart from her interest in Chicken - so keep those updates coming

cheers, glad he's keeping well. I've tried to get the new Mrs Bearded into football for all of our 11 years together but so far nothing, apart from her interest in Chicken - so keep those updates coming

Ha - will do. Sometimes I like to say that "football brings people together" - especially when it doesn't - but I'm chuffed to think that Chicken's match days are bringing Mrs Bearded closer to the beautiful game.

Ha - will do. Sometimes I like to say that "football brings people together" - especially when it doesn't - but I'm chuffed to think that Chicken's match days are bringing Mrs Bearded closer to the beautiful game.

inch by painful inch, but I will try anything to get her into football, or at least Southend

Morning Rob, hope Chick is resting up nicely before his important work this afternoon.
We need him to be tip top to secure that first win today!

I am pleased to report that the old boy has gone out on a limb - that's a very precarious perch emanating from quite thin branches off a bush above his fence - today and he's predicting an exciting game against a team who he has a soft spot for, i.e. The Bantams. I think I could just make out the following chirrup when I asked him who's going to score today … it sounded like 'McCoulskey.'

Morning Rob, hope Chick is resting up nicely before his important work this afternoon.
We need him to be tip top to secure that first win today!

Afternoon, Roxy - he's been resting on his precarious perch and I think he's raring to go. I'm sure he's aware of his responsibility to all of us and seeing how he's been so perky clambering up and down this twiglet in his efforts to greet me earlier, I have a good feeling that 'The Ginger Pinger' - all g's should be pronounced as hard g's - is in the right mood to help us secure that much-needed win today.

What formation does he suggest? Fur, purr too?

Ha - he's not a great one for formations, Cultist. He's more about clawing a result in any which way we can. And if that means a bit of cat scratch fever in the penalty box, well, that's just Chick's way. All I know is that if we get that win this afternoon, he'll be wiggling it, just a little bit, on his precarious perch by the time the ink has set on the teleprinter.

Well done Chicken top work!
Now plenty of resting up for Tuesday night please.
Had a feeling everything was going to be ok when I saw the Bantams No. 3 dsc_9667.jpg

Back