• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just went to congratulate Chick but he's not in the bog. Must be doing a victory lap of honour around Fort Nox. In celebration of Simon Cox. And his prowess in the box.

Hi Chicken, hope you are getting ready to do your stuff and keep our winning run going this afternoon :-) x

Strange pre-match preparations from Chick. I left him last night snugged up in his basket but this morning, although he was in his basket, he was soaking wet in parts so he (for some reason perhaps known to him) decided to stay out in the rain for a bit. He's had a restful morning and now he's finally got a bit more spring in his step, surfacing for an outdoor constitutional and a spot of lunch. It's sunny outside and I've got a good feeling that he's got a good feeling about this game. Let's hope that Chick's pre-match has some sparkling results where it most matters - at the Hall. And may you all have a splendid afternoon and splendid pre-match constitutionals too.

Chick's trying out a new box in the hope that it will change our FA Cup fortunes.

Attachments

• Chicky The Boxer.jpg
    Chicky The Boxer.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 9
:Highfive:Nicely wrapped up.Theo (our cat) has started peeing himself again too (though not last night fortunately).

It's more for warmth/comfort - he's been taking himself out again and mostly in good time!

I have an image of you now chanting 'Theo! Theo!' as you come down the stairs in the morning hoping he's not scored.

It's more for warmth/comfort - he's been taking himself out again and mostly in good time!

I have an image of you now chanting 'Theo! Theo!' as you come down the stairs in the morning hoping he's not scored.

Ha! It's usually J.who does the early morning check.Thought he was good yesterday.Twice braved the cold outside (presumably to do the necessary).

He's been out into the utility room for his pre-match scoff (without onions, in case you were wondering) and he's now settled atop the sofa. I'm hoping that this bodes well.

Ive brought the wife today. It's terrible but she's asking for a chicken update. Can he save us?

Sorry for the delayed response, Bearded - but I am sad to report that he's showing a little bit of indifference to what is quickly becoming a situation of grave concern. He's more interested in warming his butt on the lounge radiator or sitting Sphinx-like in front of the log-burner when it's in full flow. These are troubling times indeed and I'm running out of ideas as to how to motivate him to be focused on the lads' fortunes again.

Attachments

• Chick surveying the log burner 211118.jpg
    Chick surveying the log burner 211118.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 7
Nope. Beyond even Chicken's ability.....

You could be right, Barling. I made myself available for the plonking himself on my lap scenario which started this whole thing off (see post #1) nearly a couple of years ago now and he decided that he was going to stay by the log-burner and bask in its warm glow. However, after five minutes, there looked to be salvation from another source … Shooey The Wonder Cat (pictured) sidled onto my lap and then I saw that John White had got the equaliser. I congratulated Shooey on taking over Chick's lucky charm mantle but then was horrified a few minutes later when I saw the word GOAL flash up and that Rochdale had scored it with 87 mins. having passed. The game must have had quite a bit of added time as it was ages before Shooey and I were put out of our misery … Shooey did his best but we need really need Chicken to step up again to his responsibilities or I'll need to change the title of this thread to 'A Cat Called Chicken and the Relegation Wobble.'

Shooey The Wondercat.jpg

Back