• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good to hear you're game managing well there with them, keeping them fresh for each match. :Thumbs up::Cool:

Good to hear you're game managing well there with them, keeping them fresh for each match. :Thumbs up::Cool:

It's old heads on old shoulders out here, Andy. With shrewd attention to the 'Three Ps,' i.e. "preparation, preparation and preparation."

Hi Rob, hoping Chick & Shooey are both match fit and ready this afternoon to see off the Bantams?

Chick's been mewing a lot, Roxy - especially since the second goal went in! :Happy:

Shooey has been quiet but mean looking. He's on the prowl and that could spell danger for The Bantams.

Chick's been mewing a lot, Roxy - especially since the second goal went in! :Happy:

Shooey has been quiet but mean looking. He's on the prowl and that could spell danger for The Bantams.
And so it proved Rob. Give your pussies a big stroke and a cuddle from all of us.

Chick's been basking in the glow of that result since Saturday evening and I think he's also learnt how to quack "Humphrys."

Chick basking .jpg

Apologies from the boys … I did prepare them with good match day meals but they were a bit lethargic during that ninety minutes. I'm going to have to take a long hard look at our pre-match preparation, especially as Chick's just peed the sofa and left a trail on the floors as I tried to turf him out tail between his legs. Maybe he was as peed off with the result as the rest of us. :Angry:

Missing contact, everything ok?

Hi Shirley - yes thanks, Chick's doing well, except in our games lately, of course! He's been consigned to a basket by the radiator in the kitchen latterly due to the increased proliferation of some unfortunate 'accidents,' not least when he relieved himself on my leg when we were watching the news in the lounge recently. He seems happy there but, like all of us, he could do with seeing three points associated with our team from one of our forthcoming results soon. In fact, he'd very much like them from up at Glanford Park tonight! :Smile:

Chick's up for this one. He's just had his pre-match pee - outside of his box this week, thankfully - and he's raring to go! And he's got a message for The Wombles too ...

Chick gives it large.jpg

I really did try to exhort him to do good works for the team, to try to get us back in it in the second half … he gave some encouraging noises back but unfortunately they were not enough. I'm now feeling very worried about this situation and maybe I've been barking up the wrong tree relying on the whims of a Methuselan Ginger Tom, even one as gifted as Chicken. I'm scratching my head wondering whether it's too late in the season to be looking for lucky charms from elsewhere … but I'm going to keep the faith and hope that Chick can help us turn this nosedive around. Stay strong, my fellow Shrimpers … we just might get out of trouble yet!

Chick Boxed In.jpg

I think we need to rename this thread 'the relegation battle', Rob.

Chick needs to be fully on his game over the coming weeks, I feel, though I know he has it in him.

I think we need to rename this thread 'the relegation battle', Rob.

Chick needs to be fully on his game over the coming weeks, I feel, though I know he has it in him.

I think he likes a challenge, Andy, and if anyone can help turn this around, it's going to be Chick. Not quite cognisant with how to change a thread title but I'll look into it.

Chick has the resilient qualities for definite, Rob and I hope he takes up a central forward position in the house next week and stays on the front paw throughout the match! :Thumbs up:

Back