• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is much sadness in our house today Rob, we know only too well what it is like to lose a much loved pet. RIP Chicken.

Such sad news Rob. I know that Chick Spooner was blessed with owners that gave him all the love, care and attention he could have asked for. He had a great life from what you've shown and written on here and facebook. What a trooper, he's been ill for quite a while but still managed to hang on and enjoy more life.

Thanks you lot - the old boy loved a box so Mrs Noxious found a good-sized one in the attic. We'll place him in it and under one of his favourite spots in the garden later.

Chick in the Jim box.jpg

Sorry to hear that Rob. Hope you’re bearing up as well as can be in the circumstances.

Really sad to hear this news @Rob Noxious - Chick was a star on the zone and no doubt His Gingerness helped us turn the corner and stay up last year. Perhaps he felt able to pass on because he believed that we wouldn't have another season of struggle this year. His woek here is done. RIP Chicken

RIP Chicken.

Lost my two cats aged 17 and 18 years not so long ago so understand the devastation and loss you are feeling, Rob.

Very sad news indeed. Still at least chicken not only had a long innings but he had owners who loved him and gave him a good as well as a long life.

Sorry to hear about Chicken. I’m glad he had a good innings and know he was loved by a good family.

Game day for us exiled Shrimpers will not be the same. ?

Thanks, Prawn. It's a tough act to follow but I might just check out how Shooey The Wonder Cat fares in his match day routines.

Shooey Barp.jpg

Sad news Rob. RIP chicken, you were a bit of a SZ legend. Keep chasing them mice in cat heaven.

Thanks, Paulie. He basked in the appreciation of his pals on here. I'm not really a believer in an after Earth life but I experienced an unusual moment just after burying him when my grand-daughter was placing flowers on his resting place and an orange butterfly started circling around and lingering for a short while before flying away.

Sorry to hear that Rob,

RIP Chicken, once a Shrimper always a Shrimper.

Thanks, Big Dady. It certainly will feel strange here without him on Saturdays. I might have to sit near his resting place in the hope that he can work his magic from beyond. Maybe that butterfly will start fluttering around again ...

tough news Rob. Losing a pet is always hard, especially since he reached celebrity status with SZ. Maybe a candidate for the SZ Hall of Fame?

Thanks, RHB - yes, knowing that he had a special kind of fame here and left an impression on you guys cheers me a bit.

Sad to hear the news about Chicken , Rob

Thanks, Firestorm. Sadness is the order of the day here but we had to ensure that he could avoid worse discomfort than what he had been experiencing and take some consolation that when the end came, it was peaceful for him. He seemed to have a smile on his face too, the dear little fella.

RIP Chick, I hope you're enjoying Shrimper Valhalla now. You did the business when we really needed you.

I hope you and Mrs Noxious are okay, Rob, it's awful to lose someone you love. I know you had more time with Chick than you expected, but it's still hard when the time comes.

Chick will always be a legend. Hall of Fame for sure.

Back