• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So sad Pete should rename his prediction league "The chicken prediction league" in his honour

So sorry to hear about chicken. It is so hard to lose a pet. They are one of the family.
I have followed your posts since the first one. In that time getting to know Chicken. I must say tears fell from my eyes on reading of his passing. I must be a bit of a Jesse too !!!!!

Hi Rob, just catching up on the zone and so so sorry to hear of dear Chick's passing, sending you and Mrs Rob lots of hugs. As a cat mum to many, I know how much it hurts to lose them, and Chick was such a special boy to you all and to his friends on the zone, we will miss him very much. I reckon he will make sure he is watching Blues from above this season to help with his super cat powers, and to make sure that Shooey does a good job and follows in his very special paw prints xx

So sorry to hear about chicken. It is so hard to lose a pet. They are one of the family.
I have followed your posts since the first one. In that time getting to know Chicken. I must say tears fell from my eyes on reading of his passing. I must be a bit of a Jesse too !!!!!

Ah - thanks, bigmolt, that's really kind of you to share. Yes, he's left a big hole here and Fort Nox feels much emptier without him being around. Well, he's in the garden, of course. I placed an egg on his spot yesterday. It was his favourite snack between meals and it seemed appropriate.

Hi Rob, just catching up on the zone and so so sorry to hear of dear Chick's passing, sending you and Mrs Rob lots of hugs. As a cat mum to many, I know how much it hurts to lose them, and Chick was such a special boy to you all and to his friends on the zone, we will miss him very much. I reckon he will make sure he is watching Blues from above this season to help with his super cat powers, and to make sure that Shooey does a good job and follows in his very special paw prints xx

Thank you, Roxy - that's much appreciated. I know that you've particularly followed this unusual thread with interest and it's been joyous most of the time to share Chick's special empathy with our team and heart-warming to receive so much response to these vignettes. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on Shooey at this difficult time but as the season draws closer, I'm thinking that he may need to be coaxed into action for the common good.

On returning to the Zone in readiness for the new season, I was saddened to read of Chicken's passing. As a fellow pet-owner and as one who also blubs every time one passes away, I know how you are feeling right now. At least 4 pages of tributes on a football supporters' site is a distinction almost certainly unique in the pet world, and shows how many followed his exploits during recent seasons. Not a bad epitaph!

RIP Chicken.

On returning to the Zone in readiness for the new season, I was saddened to read of Chicken's passing. As a fellow pet-owner and as one who also blubs every time one passes away, I know how you are feeling right now. At least 4 pages of tributes on a football supporters' site is a distinction almost certainly unique in the pet world, and shows how many followed his exploits during recent seasons. Not a bad epitaph!

RIP Chicken.

Ah - thanks FG. Yes, I'm quite blown away by the kindness of the 'Zoners who've followed Chick's moments on here. It will be strange to be kicking off the new season without charting his movements here. And believe it or not, just as I was typing this, Shooey The Wonder Cat has arrived on the table. Could this be a sign? Dare we believe one more time? :Worthy:

Hi Rob, I hope Shooey The Wonder Cat is up for the start of the season next Saturday. Please make sure his training regime is not too overwhelming for him. We need him firing on all cylinders.

I will be thinking of Chicken as I tune into iFollow next weekend.

Hi Rob, I hope Shooey The Wonder Cat is up for the start of the season next Saturday. Please make sure his training regime is not too overwhelming for him. We need him firing on all cylinders.

I will be thinking of Chicken as I tune into iFollow next weekend.

Thanks, Prawn - yes, I'm easing him into his responsibilities and it's fair to say that Shooey's training regime does not include the word 'rigorous.'

Shooey BBQ.jpg

Ah this is really sad news - sympathy to you and your family. I always thoroughly enjoyed reports of Chicken's antics, and threads like this are part of the diversity and value of the zone. Hopefully, in time,(ideally by next Saturday) Shooey may feel up to picking up the mantle! Chicken's fame has certainly spread - a pic of him even popped up on my FB feed courtesy of a travelling troubadour (although I don't think that was football related). All the best.

Ah this is really sad news - sympathy to you and your family. I always thoroughly enjoyed reports of Chicken's antics, and threads like this are part of the diversity and value of the zone. Hopefully, in time,(ideally by next Saturday) Shooey may feel up to picking up the mantle! Chicken's fame has certainly spread - a pic of him even popped up on my FB feed courtesy of a travelling troubadour (although I don't think that was football related). All the best.

Ha - if that was Phil Burdett, he actually wrote a song with Chicken in the lyrics, i.e. 'First & Last' from his 'Dunfearing & The West Country High' album. Thanks for this, Greenbosan - much appreciated, and yes, Chick did have quite a few followers due to his presence on social media too.

I'm going easy with Shooey but you never know what might happen in these strange parts.

If he wants to take this on, it will be a big step up for Shooey and there will be a lot of scrutiny on him. Let's not put too much pressure on him as he finds his paws. He probably won't be purrfect right from the start. I don't think any of us can say that we mew what we were doing right from day one when we got our first jobs. So please let's support Shooey and be there fur him as he figures it out.

If he wants to take this on, it will be a big step up for Shooey and there will be a lot of scrutiny on him. Let's not put too much pressure on him as he finds his paws. He probably won't be purrfect right from the start. I don't think any of us can say that we mew what we were doing right from day one when we got our first jobs. So please let's support Shooey and be there fur him as he figures it out.

Good points, Cultist. Thinking back now though, and also looking back at some of the posts in this thread, one could easily see "Shooe" - as I affectionately call him - almost acting in the role as Chick's Assistant on match days. It is a tough ask and there's no doubt about that but I would not be at all surprised if come Saturday, I see that Shooe is actually well up for it. Now, don't be shy, Shooe …

Shooe escape artist.jpg

A rare delight last night in scoring 7 goals in my new walking football past-time, my biggest haul at any level since playing some French lads in Beziers on Christmas Day, 1984. I dedicate them all to 'Our Chick' who always encouraged my interest in the game. You'll be pleased to know that I didn't do any Frank Lampard skyward looks after each of them though.

Chicky POWER.jpg

Good points, Cultist. Thinking back now though, and also looking back at some of the posts in this thread, one could easily see "Shooe" - as I affectionately call him - almost acting in the role as Chick's Assistant on match days. It is a tough ask and there's no doubt about that but I would not be at all surprised if come Saturday, I see that Shooe is actually well up for it. Now, don't be shy, Shooe …
Is he trying to say we will play a blinder on Saturday? Sorry about that! COYBB
View attachment 8495

Back