• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob, can you buy a Chicken and call it Cat just to see how it goes?

Or perhaps (if your short of a few bob).. just buy an egg, there's still plenty of time to get it "match fit" in time for the start of next season.

If it turns out to be a C 0 C K , we called always name it Nouble! :smile:

Funnily enough, Ronnie - if we can crack a smile today, not easy - this was a game I was intending to go to earlier this year. I couldn't quite muster the shekels for it in the end though. I think we can blame Chicken for this one though. He decided to stay out in the sunshine rather than try to lap up the good fortune for our boys. I think we now have to pray for very inclement and unseasonal weather on match days to get back in the Play-Off frame. Drat and double-drat. Here is the old boy looking suitably glum.
View attachment 4659

Oh sorry Rob. Your brother said you had gone to the game. Have you told Chicken how important these games are? He doesn't seem to be taking it seriously.

Oh sorry Rob. Your brother said you had gone to the game. Have you told Chicken how important these games are? He doesn't seem to be taking it seriously.

You should know Barna by now TSNB. His chances of being right are no more than 50% at any time, and then I'm being generous.:winking:

I have tried, Ronnie. He's always been quite a wilful so and so though. And now he's putting his sun worship before the Play-Offs. I really hoped for better from him for the final push but maybe putting my hopes in the capricious whims of a wilful cat sun-worshipper just when the weather comes good may have been a tad foolish. Let's pray for bucketfuls of rain over Penzance this Friday so the old boy can be tempted in once again.

Or perhaps (if your short of a few bob).. just buy an egg, there's still plenty of time to get it "match fit" in time for the start of next season.

If it turns out to be a C 0 C K , we called always name it Nouble! :smile:

Strange as it may seem, Matt, Our Chick does like eggs. Maybe you've hit on a way of enticing him in for the games left. And that seems to be especially the case seeing as the next two are over the Easter week-end.

I haven't seen Nouble play so can't comment on his abilities. Like many on here, and what I saw of MAF as an impact sub last November, I was surprised that MAF didn't come on. I hope that he's not carrying an injury too.

You should know Barna by now TSNB. His chances of being right are no more than 50% at any time, and then I'm being generous.:winking:

Ha - he was right until about February when I realised my outgoings over the next few months would make this trip too difficult to contemplate in these austere times.

I like the idea of that, Special Blue. My only worry is that Chicken might consider it be fowl play.

Chicken has had some tough games and feel a rest is needed! Cat can come in for a couple of games and if he doesn' t come up to Chicken's high standards Sunday dinner is sorted!

Ha - he was right until about February when I realised my outgoings over the next few months would make this trip too difficult to contemplate in these austere times.

It's what I was told when I tried to get Rob to come to the Bury game.Didn't hear about any change of plan.:angel:

Great news - rain predicted in Cornwall on Friday so more chance of getting the old boy indoors for the game! :happy:

It better not be raining at Taunton for the Somerset v Essex county cricket - I'm going to that.

It better not be raining at Taunton for the Somerset v Essex county cricket - I'm going to that.

Fingers crossed for you, Barling.

In the latest Chick enticement tactics, I can reveal that tinned tuna gets the old boy in off his sun perch. I'll be keeping some back for Friday. :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed for you, Barling.

In the latest Chick enticement tactics, I can reveal that tinned tuna gets the old boy in off his sun perch. I'll be keeping some back for Friday. :thumbsup:

Rob,

Tinned Tuna?

This is the play off's & possible promotion were talking about! Take no risks!!.....get yourself down the shops pronto and get Chicken some "Platinum Arowana"... A bargain at $400,000 per fish!! :smile:

The big question is, does Chicken have a view on team selection?

If not, I'd suggest he should have. Maybe he heard that Frank Noodle was coming on at 4:25pm Saturday and decided the game was up and walked out!

.... In fact, here's that evidence that he wasn't impressed with the substitution :-

The big question is, does Chicken have a view on team selection?

If not, I'd suggest he should have. Maybe he heard that Frank Noodle was coming on at 4:25pm Saturday and decided the game was up and walked out!

It's always difficult to get a definitive view from him on team selection, Andy, but from my observations of his manoeuvres, it seems like he's hoping we keep it tight in our box this Friday.

Chick Boxed In.jpg

I'm hoping to get Chick off the fence this afternoon by 4.25p.m. to help keep us in the Play-Off frame. And as it's Easter, here's a few words from the Easter Chick.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/rob.spooner.33/videos/10208048244418891/[/video]

I think he was saying "MAF" but he's had difficulty with his F's ever since he had a few teeth out.

Back