• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In hindsight, the Eagles might work also . Does anyone else can currently think of a bird related music group, that could entice Chicky indoors for the big match.
Atomic Rooster? The Eagles? The Byrds?

Maybe offering him some Cream would tempt him in.

But definitely don't play him the Yardbirds. You'll never get him indoors then.

Any news on Chick? He needs to be up for it, and fully focused.

Apologies for the delayed update, Ronnie. Chick and I have just emerged from the darkened room where I consigned us after yesterday's terrible result. I'm not blaming Chick though. Mrs Noxious is now taking a long, hard look at herself after having Chick's tuna. She tried to atone for it by cooking him some mince and enticing him into the lounge with it but no sooner had she done so than MKD started scoring. A dreadful hush has descended on Fort Nox as a result.

Apologies for the delayed update, Ronnie. Chick and I have just emerged from the darkened room where I consigned us after yesterday's terrible result. I'm not blaming Chick though. Mrs Noxious is now taking a long, hard look at herself after having Chick's tuna. She tried to atone for it by cooking him some mince and enticing him into the lounge with it but no sooner had she done so than MKD started scoring. A dreadful hush has descended on Fort Nox as a result.

Nicking the cats tuna, for shame.

You can see why I banned her from our games after her terrible run in the 2009/10 season, Al.

I brought our moggy a tin of salmon for christmas but the fussy git turned his nose up at it. The kids enjoyed the sandwiches salvaged from it though. Waste not, want not.:smile:

Rob... We need to have words!!.... Granted you got him off a roof (although it was a low bearing one) after our victory on Good Friday... But by your latest post, I can only guess that Chicky is now on the "sun roof of your car"?... It's still a danger for an old boy like him come kick off time later..... what if he injuries a paw chasing a starling or a dove or something?

I know he likes to chase birds (don't we all :smile: ) and you like to play oldish songs.... so can we meet on a middle ground and please play "Chicky" a pre match (bird related) record?.... Perhaps from "The House martins"... It just might get him in the mood!

In hindsight, the Eagles might work also . Does anyone else can currently think of a bird related music group, that could entice Chicky indoors for the big match.

Funnily enough, Matt, I was doing a bit of DIY (& you don't hear me say that often) in the spare bedroom where I've got an old stereo just before the game and I played 'Loop Di Love' by Shag. It's a great record but with that adverse result since, that won't be in Saturday's pre-match rituals.

[video=youtube;7lhEdPbl73s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhEdPbl73s[/video]

I've just come home from work and saw Chick up on his sunroof. He quacked at me and proceeded to rub his head on mine for what seemed an age. I think it must have been his way of saying "Sorry" for not being able to work the magic in those last few games like he'd done before. I've forgiven him but he knows that after the Summer break, he's got his work cut out for next season.

I think it would be only right to award him a one year contract, with bonuses.

Rob N - Before AndyT signs puts this contract offer in writing, can you confirm that Chicken is really capable of doing a job for us? Or is he just seeking one last payday?

LOL .. Yes, this is a very good point.

We don't want him to just turn up for the big games, when tuna is available as a win bonus.

Rob, I don't want Chicken pussying around next season. Get him match fit, bright eyed and bushy tailed for the fray. I am counting on him. COYBB

Rob, I don't want Chicken pussying around next season. Get him match fit, bright eyed and bushy tailed for the fray. I am counting on him. COYBB

OK, irenbird ... I can advise you that he's currently on the equivalent of the beach in cat world. He's laid up in the utility room on the work surface which is covered in towels as he is tending to pee inside these days. You have to watch that tail when it twitches and try to get him out before getting an unwelcome spray. Here's hoping that he can pull out a few more tricks from his wicker basket for the new season.

Looking forward to seeing Chick's official contract signing pic, when he is back from his hols Rob.

Back