• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
First, the good. Fantastic facilities in the away end last night, we will not see better this season. Great view, cracking bar underneath the stand, and a wide range of food for sale. Tara could do worse than have a look at the catering at Dagenham and find out why we can't do the same.

Now the bad, why do we have to have a couple of idiots who can't take a bit of banter. They should have been kicked out, (not sure if they were, as I was too embarresed to look at them in the end), as people like that will give our supporters a bad name. If you can't take a bit of stick, then a) don't give it out or b) don't even bother coming in the first place.

First, the good. Fantastic facilities in the away end last night, we will not see better this season. Great view, cracking bar underneath the stand, and a wide range of food for sale. Tara could do worse than have a look at the catering at Dagenham and find out why we can't do the same.

Now the bad, why do we have to have a couple of idiots who can't take a bit of banter. They should have been kicked out, (not sure if they were, as I was too embarresed to look at them in the end), as people like that will give our supporters a bad name. If you can't take a bit of stick, then a) don't give it out or b) don't even bother coming in the first place.

Hmm, well, I'm not sure if those characters were all there to be quite honest...

Well the were up against a group of 12 year olds..*sigh*

Indeed.

They were in from the start, singing 'your support is ****ing ****', 'Your supposed to be at home' at 7:15pm ish. Genius!
Never seen them before.

It was funny, but also 'slightly' embarrassing.

I've always mocked Dagenham for being so non league in their attitude and appearance, but that away end last night was superb and if i were a Dagger i'd be a bit peed off the best stand in the ground had been handed to the visitors

Great view ,spacious bar, oodles of food, Sky TV, clean toilets, even the slightly tacky laminate flooring shows they are making an effort at trying to make their patrons welcome

Welcome done to you D&R :clap:

Agree with everyone. Even the stewards done a decent job last night something our own sometimes over jobsworthy lot could take serious note of. How those two idiots didn't get thrown out is beyond me - on the other hand, was funny to see the kids in the Daggers end carry on laughing at them even with the "two bigger boys" giving it the come on.
Fantastic turn out from southend - glad I went.
Wimbledon away plse.

The players tunnel set up though is farcical so say the least....to close it off 15 minutes before the game and leave fans in the wilderness is very odd...I asked them if we could go up the other stairs that were taped off...they told me NO...after the tunnel came down so did the tapes as we had so many fans looking for seats...totally bizarre and a definite planning mistake in the stand which as others have said was otherwise superb.

We have to remember it is a very new stand so I wouldnt expect anything different then clean toilets,a lovely bar area and decent food

we will never have anything like that unless we get our new ground otherwise we left with the **** we have at the Hall, though we could easliy change the food.

Indeed.

They were in from the start, singing 'your support is ****ing ****', 'Your supposed to be at home' at 7:15pm ish. Genius!
Never seen them before.

Those clowns have been many times before over the years I have been going and always been the same - think they travel on the sunshine bus

It was funny, but also 'slightly' embarrassing.

The players tunnel set up though is farcical so say the least....to close it off 15 minutes before the game and leave fans in the wilderness is very odd...I asked them if we could go up the other stairs that were taped off...they told me NO...after the tunnel came down so did the tapes as we had so many fans looking for seats...totally bizarre and a definite planning mistake in the stand which as others have said was otherwise superb.

I think the tunnel and changing rooms there are temporary and when they do the main stand it will be moved with that.

We have to remember it is a very new stand so I wouldnt expect anything different then clean toilets,a lovely bar area and decent food

we will never have anything like that unless we get our new ground otherwise we left with the **** we have at the Hall, though we could easliy change the food.

One of them was wearing some other shirt, not sure who it was, Tottenham or something equally not SUFC!
But yeah I think they did travel on the happy bus, via the pub, possibly? I did think when they sort of left, (on their own, without the stewards really getting them to leave), they might have been going to do 'medication time'...

I loved the attempt by one of the clowns to get over the railings and onto the pitch. Half-hearted would be massively overstating it. The stewards and police looked embarrassed on behalf of the rest of us.

I thought the police and the stewards in particular were really really poor.

I got a burger and was stood down the front with about 2 mins till half time and was asked to sit down. I said to the steward that by the time i get to my seat it will be half time and i would happily take it after. His response was that if i didnt move then i would be ejected. I didnt move ..

Then at half time the group that i was with were having a crafty fag down the side where there was an open air concourse and no signs for non smoking. This steward comes up and just says stop that. So when asked were are his manners he walks off and clearly called us c-units and which point my mate follows him and asks him to repeat what he just said. Cue the police and about 3 stewards trying to have us ejected while this prat just laughs at us.

Fair enough we should not have been smoking , but a little politeness and common sense goes a long long way and with that attitude the likes of millwall would have started a mini riot.

Pointless and pathetic

Not sure if we are the idiotic fans to which you refer in this thread , but we are by no means trouble makers

Tommy2holes said:
I thought the police and the stewards in particular were really really poor.

I got a burger and was stood down the front with about 2 mins till half time and was asked to sit down. I said to the steward that by the time i get to my seat it will be half time and i would happily take it after. His response was that if i didnt move then i would be ejected. I didnt move ..

Then at half time the group that i was with were having a crafty fag down the side where there was an open air concourse and no signs for non smoking. This steward comes up and just says stop that. So when asked were are his manners he walks off and clearly called us c-units and which point my mate follows him and asks him to repeat what he just said. Cue the police and about 3 stewards trying to have us ejected while this prat just laughs at us.

Fair enough we should not have been smoking , but a little politeness and common sense goes a long long way and with that attitude the likes of millwall would have started a mini riot.

Pointless and pathetic

Not sure if we are the idiotic fans to which you refer in this thread , but we are by no means trouble makers
No, it was the 2 numpty's getting all irate that some 12 year olds were having a pop at them.

You should have gone for a smoke out by the food stall, it was quite amusing watching all the smokers hiding their fags behind their backs, and then sneaking a crafty puff when the steward wasn't looking.

FWIW, I thought the stewards were OK last night, I can certainly imagine that the 2 idiots would have been dealt with a lot more harshly at other grounds

We thought that there were a number of the "faces" that attended the Lincoln game last year and left at half time. What people also need to remember is that a lot of London supporters have Southend as a 2nd or lower league side and therefore with scant action in the upper echelons last night, there were some of these supporters there too.

It was quite laughable seeing those two after half time! I also thought the stewarding was very good as well.

Why is it everytime there is any form of trouble the culprits are immediately classed as not Southend fans?

Who in there right mind goes to Dagenham on a Tuesday night for an LDV game to watch a side they don't support and then cause " trouble".

Why is it everytime there is any form of trouble the culprits are immediately classed as not Southend fans?

Who in there right mind goes to Dagenham on a Tuesday night for an LDV game to watch a side they don't support and then cause " trouble".
Heard people admitting as much on the train to Upminster, honest. I said I thought those two had been at Lincoln, several of them were "old faces", and several of those were there last night.

Back