• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firestorm

Pedant
I know this is a bit of a cheek but my daughter is planning to go to Morroco next year to do a Charity Challenge , helping them construct a Community Center that will be used as a primary school in the day time and as a community center in the evening.
At the same time they hope there will be a chance to improve the fresh water system in the area because at present the women have to walk a long way to get water.

But in order to get a place she has to raise money , which goes to two UK Charities : Get connected and Treehouse

Get connected is a free helpline for young people in distressing situations, who know they need help but don't know where to find it. With volunteer helpline workers trained to support each young person in their unique situation, and to help them choose the best service from over 13,000 in the UK. Since Get Connected was founded in 1999 they have helped over 80,000 young people.

Treehouse is the national charity for autism education. They aim to transform the lives of children with autism, and the lives of their families, through education. Autism is a life-long, neurological condition affecting 1 in 100 school aged children in the UK. Autism affects person's communication, socalisatin and imagination skills. The most profound affected children may never acquire spoken language and may take years to master every day skills such as getting dressed. Treehouse was established 11 years ago by a group of parents who could not accept that their children would be 'written off'. Today the charity offers a number of services including a pioneering school for children with severe autism in London, support and advise for parents and they are currently constructing a national centre for autism education.

If anyone would be so kind as to consider a small donation her website is

www.justgiving.com/carlycrowe

She will be organising a quiz night in the new year (Probably upstairs in the Ship in Leigh) so I am likely to be back to rustle up an SZ team (The Shrimpers Trust one the one we did for my stepdaughter)

If it helps i can get her to wear her Custard Splat shirt whilst she is out there.

Many Thanks and apologies to those who feel I have a bit of a cheek

Will do over the weekend, have worked with children with autism and I know how important this kind of support is.

Back