• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Essex

Coach
Well after being badgered by the mrs for the past couple of weeks i finally made it to the back street barber for my regular mop crop downtown northampton......On arrival it was its usual busy self...I looked round the barber recognised me "busy today" he claims...."so long as im out in time for the football" i replied......after musing over the days papers and thinking well at least im out the way for a hour or so....The guy next to me pipes up...and says "so are you off to the cobblers today"....As it goes im an essex boy and cant get down for my game today due to work......he sympathises then the guy in the chair having his hair cut metions thet the guy im talking too used to play for the cobblers......"really" showing some mild interest...checking his age around mid to 50s " I used to live near Rayleigh" he explains "Oh" i say me too whats your name?......."Neil Townsend"......Thee Neil Townsend former southend legend !!!...well you can imagine my reaction....and the conversation panned out as in my youthful days watch him play along side the likes of Alan Moody, Chris Guthrie Derek Belotti on a friday night....I think he was just as enthralled as me as we continued to bore the pants off everyone around us.....Soon after he was on his way ...we shook hands ...tells me he is going to be a the swindon game in dec.... No sooner was i home ...out with the books and to my amusement a fixture against Tranmere with Neil scoring our goal in a 1-1 draw....thought the omens were good but alas we blew it..but hey what a day to remember down at the barbers......:)

I still remember a fantastic head-butt on an opposing player back in the 1970's that led to his dismissal. And I am sure it was he that punted the ball from the half-way line past the beleagured Gen Johnson in the Aldershot gaol who fell on the floor and groped on hands and knees as the ball crawled over the line.

Well after being badgered by the mrs for the past couple of weeks i finally made it to the back street barber for my regular mop crop downtown northampton......On arrival it was its usual busy self...I looked round the barber recognised me "busy today" he claims...."so long as im out in time for the football" i replied......after musing over the days papers and thinking well at least im out the way for a hour or so....The guy next to me pipes up...and says "so are you off to the cobblers today"....As it goes im an essex boy and cant get down for my game today due to work......he sympathises then the guy in the chair having his hair cut metions thet the guy im talking too used to play for the cobblers......"really" showing some mild interest...checking his age around mid to 50s " I used to live near Rayleigh" he explains "Oh" i say me too whats your name?......."Neil Townsend"......Thee Neil Townsend former southend legend !!!...well you can imagine my reaction....and the conversation panned out as in my youthful days watch him play along side the likes of Alan Moody, Chris Guthrie Derek Belotti on a friday night....I think he was just as enthralled as me as we continued to bore the pants off everyone around us.....Soon after he was on his way ...we shook hands ...tells me he is going to be a the swindon game in dec.... No sooner was i home ...out with the books and to my amusement a fixture against Tranmere with Neil scoring our goal in a 1-1 draw....thought the omens were good but alas we blew it..but hey what a day to remember down at the barbers......:)

Ahhhh but was he more pleased to see David Essex singing legend! in the barbers

I'm quite shocked David Essex was in a barbers.... I thought those flowing locks would need the tender hand of an expensive stylist rather than some bird with some clippers :D

Back