• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane A different perspective on Roots Hall

WOW! Incredible pictures. Thank you so much for posting those, it is amazing how much a place can mean to you! I know we need to move grounds to further the club's ambition but it will be a very sad day when we leave Roots Hall.

Brilliant photos there SBH.
There's going to be very mixed emotions when we move to FF.

I think most realise that its imperitive to our future, but at the same time we will be loosing something that FF will never have.

Brilliant photos there SBH.
There's going to be very mixed emotions when we move to FF.

I think most realise that its imperitive to our future, but at the same time we will be loosing something that FF will never have.

Fossets will have that 'something' in about 60 years when it too has hosted some great games and is falling down..

Superb work there, its going to be a sad, sad day when we leave Roots Hall for FF but i think we all know deep down that its for the good of the club. Still that last day will be one of the most emotional for most southend fans they experience in football.

I've never thought or noticed before how you have to step up that slope to take corners before. Makes sense why so many have gone elsewhere to where they should have gone.

Great pics brought a lump to my throat particularly the one for the ref Mike North who died on the pitch in 2001. I was at that game it was a terrible moment. It might not be the best ground in the world but its our home ground and we are all going to miss it when its gone.

Beautiful. Keep this thread for when we move to the new ground. Roots Hall really is in a dying breed of proper old-fashioned British football grounds.

Perhaps SZ could do some nice presentations of these photos? Easy enough these days to get a photobook set up with someone on online and just order for peeps as required? Or a nice framed montage?
I am a big fan :)

Would be a nice feature in the new ground as well, or in one of the new drinking hostelries around the place.

Would be a nice feature in the new ground as well, or in one of the new drinking hostelries around the place.

There are none [proper pubs]

The Spread Eagle will be unlikely to survive.

Suspect SUFC would be one of the biggest objectors if any PH plans for land at FF as we would be wanting to protect the sale of alcohol within the stadium.

If it's anything like Chelsea, "we" or the stadium operating company or nominated franchisee, will serve one brand of lager only and no beer at all !!

Was meaning the bars within the ground, which, I think there were several of. They've been discussed on here before, and suggestions of naming them after things to do with Roots Hall so the pictures would fit in nicely.

Back