• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kristof

Manager
As you know Sunday afternoon we lost a fellow Shrimper far far too early.

I knew Steve for about nine years and have sat next to him in the South Upper for the last five or six years as well as sharing more beers and away trips with him than I can remember.

I know most of us are still very teary and in shock and can't imagine the pain and upset his family are feeling but I know from his sister's and brother in law's messages that they are extremely grateful for all the support they are receiving from his fellow Shrimpers.

Saturday is going to be very hard and I'm sure many tears will be shed but I know he'd want us to have a beer and go and watch OUR Southend United.

So that's we are going to do!!

So I want invite anyone who wants to, to come and join me and Steve's mates to have a beer (or three) in The Spread Eagle pub on Victoria Avenue from 1pm on Saturday before the Exeter game. (I'm sure we'll manage a couple more afterwards too!)

If you are interested please comment on the thread and please share it.

Only recently return to the Spread fold and often ended up near the pool table talking to the man himself.

There will be a big gap there Saturday --- or probably not if all his friends turn out.

Absolutely Chris 100% with you on this. Vodka Blue and I will most certainly be there to raise a glass to Steve.

Only saying on here yesterday that I'm finding it hard to believe he won't be in the bar to share banter with over a pint pre and then post match to argue where it all went wrong!

If I can tempt my son to leave for the game early I'll pop in.

Just sprang to mind the 5-a-side charity day we had at play football the year before last. Steve turned up to play for the SZ team I was looking after and hurt himself in the warm up. Only Steve could do this.

If I can tempt my son to leave for the game early I'll pop in.

Just sprang to mind the 5-a-side charity day we had at play football the year before last. Steve turned up to play for the SZ team I was looking after and hurt himself in the warm up. Only Steve could do this.

remember that very well, it was the fear of doing exactly that that stopped me from signing up to play. :winking:

Excellent looks like we'll be doing our mate proud.

I've given the Spread a heads up that we're hoping to have plenty in attendance.

����������������

Back