• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A few points from last nights game!

WESTY_SUFC

A few points of what i thought from last nights game....

Scannell was very good. Great feet and put some dangerous balls in the box, looks promising he will come good this season!

First half kept the ball well, looked very comfortable. Players looked fit. All the players from last season looked good! With a few new decent signings i would really fancy us to do well.

No.3 (who was he?) in the first half was completely out his depths! Looked like they got someone out the street to play, think Tilly realised that and he was off at half time. We badly need to sign a quality left back and a good set piece taker so, in otherwords im saying not signing Mulgrew is a complete ****-up!! Good luck in signing a left-back that good for less money!

Need another 1/2 wide midfielders. No width, especially when Scannell went off at half time and we went to playing the diamond formation with no natural wide player.

Second half had Barnard playing behind Furlong. Tried, tested and failed! This is not a negative comment as friendlies are the right time to try these things! Dont wanna see that in the league though.

I think the game highlighted what most people agree are our strengths and weaknesses.

No.3 was Sankofa the boy released by Charlton, and yes I agree he was pony.

I also thought Walker carried on from where he left off last season - ie Shi te.

He may have pace and a few tricks up his sleeve, but he still looks undecisive with the ball and gives it away too much. Another JCR - all fancy tricks but no end product in my opinion

Im not sure it Southends fault we didnt buy Mulgrew. Maybe we could have put more money in for him but lets be honest who would turn down an SPL side pushing for Europe for Southend.

Im not sure it Southends fault we didnt buy Mulgrew. Maybe we could have put more money in for him but lets be honest who would turn down an SPL side pushing for Europe for Southend.

But Aberdeen have the potential to struggle in a very poor league.
They're not in Europe this season and other than the prestige of appearing in front of large crowds v Celtic & Rangers certainly play at a similar if not lesser standard of football than Southend do. Aberdeen are looking into a new stadium which will be slighlty smaller than Fossets Farm for example!

I think it's all about putting himself in the shop window for the Scotland team as well as maybe family issues relating to his baby son that made his mind up about going to Scotland.

But Aberdeen have the potential to struggle in a very poor league.
They're not in Europe this season and other than the prestige of appearing in front of large crowds v Celtic & Rangers certainly play at a similar if not lesser standard of football than Southend do. Aberdeen are looking into a new stadium which will be slighlty smaller than Fossets Farm for example!

I think it's all about putting himself in the shop window for the Scotland team as well as maybe family issues relating to his baby son that made his mind up about going to Scotland.

dont see how aberdeen have the potential to struggle... last season finished 4th, two semi-finals and knock- out stages of UEFA Cup... they've strengthened their squad over summer (bar losing one good player)... and the new ground is the same capacity as Pittodrie which is a perfect size for the club.. the standard of scottish football is improving (as reflected in europe at club and ineternational level) with even rangers and celtic fielding more and more scottish players in their teams...

i think hes made the right move and am chuffed to bits hes moved to aberdeen because i'll get to see him in the summer (ironically at Motherwell so i'll see hammell too) ... must admit with things looking the way they are at the moment... southend do need him more!

No.3 was Sankofa the boy released by Charlton, and yes I agree he was pony.

I also thought Walker carried on from where he left off last season - ie Shi te.

He may have pace and a few tricks up his sleeve, but he still looks undecisive with the ball and gives it away too much. Another JCR - all fancy tricks but no end product in my opinion

I thought Walker done ok,

Felt sorry for Sankofa he looked p!ssed off from the start that he was at left back.

Sankofa said in his interview when he joined "I can play Right Back, Centre Back and was even thrown in at Left Back once which I really didn't enjoy"! So where did we play him.......Left Back, no wonder he looked ****ed off!

Thought we looked good in the first half and that is the best I have seen Moussa play acting as the link man from deep.

Barrett looked the weak link in the middle of the back four and Scannell looked really dangerous, Konschesy is no mug and he struggled against him

Still concerned about where the goals are going to come from and now have nothing on the left hand side with Mulgrew and Gower both gone, I would say that is where the signongs need to be made

Anyway what do I know..don't answer that!

Felt sorry for Sankofa he looked p!ssed off from the start that he was at left back.

not really the attitude you want from a player when asked to do something

I'd think that if he did look p!ssed off it's that he had zero support for practically the whole half - every time he got the ball out wide he'd got two Fulham players on him and no options ahead, no room to go sideways and his only safe option back was a tricky ball to Barrett at centre back. I know it was against lesser opposition, but he looked far more comfortable in the roles he played against Thurrock...

I'd think that if he did look p!ssed off it's that he had zero support for practically the whole half - every time he got the ball out wide he'd got two Fulham players on him and no options ahead, no room to go sideways and his only safe option back was a tricky ball to Barrett at centre back. I know it was against lesser opposition, but he looked far more comfortable in the roles he played against Thurrock...

Typical bloody Gower, giving no support to his left-back.

He can **** right off to Wales for all I care.....

Back