• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1) I am no less gutted than anyone about the situation we are, but really there is no need for everybody on the forum to throw their toys out the pram and moan at each other, its not going to help is it.

2) Why do people even debate about Ron Martin. As far as I am concerned, he could be the most evil money grabber on the planet, or he could be a die hard southend fan doing his best for the club - whichever one is true, this situation is still his fault. So why do people support him - whether he has the best will in the world or not he has still mucked up.

3) The whole money issue aside, why do people want a new stadium? We will end up like MK Dons, lifeless plastic stadium with no character, half empty, embarrassing. Whereas Roots Hall has character, a decent atmosphere and the fans are right on top of the players.

Right, glad I've got that off my chest. Cheers

1) I am no less gutted than anyone about the situation we are, but really there is no need for everybody on the forum to throw their toys out the pram and moan at each other, its not going to help is it.

2) Why do people even debate about Ron Martin. As far as I am concerned, he could be the most evil money grabber on the planet, or he could be a die hard southend fan doing his best for the club - whichever one is true, this situation is still his fault. So why do people support him - whether he has the best will in the world or not he has still mucked up.

3) The whole money issue aside, why do people want a new stadium? We will end up like MK Dons, lifeless plastic stadium with no character, half empty, embarrassing. Whereas Roots Hall has character, a decent atmosphere and the fans are right on top of the players.

Right, glad I've got that off my chest. Cheers

See you are right, but the difference between MK Dons and us is, that we have 104 years of history behind us, not that much of it is great success but we still have the heart in the centre of the club that MK Dons will never ever truly have.

See we do need a new stadium it is just the way that football is going. You just never know what is going to happen in football, what is to say we won't do a Reading or Wigan ect...It is a long way off, and I know those two have investment in money, but the fact is, if we are playing well and hovering about the top of league 1 pushing into the championship we WILL NOT be selling our best players, players will want to come here and play, there are so many more reasons why the stadium is a necessity. See I love Roots Hall. But it is more than likely that we will be tiddling about in League 2 and Non League at Roots Hall, if we get a new stadium and better facilities we will attract better players, keep better players, and won't be threatened with lower league football for the rest of our history. All you need really is two to three seasons in the Champsite to attract bigger crowds creating a BIGGER fan base making the stadium a viable option. Although I do accept the fact of, where is that investment in players come from? blah blah blah! The fact remains, If Tilson stays, he attracts players, he has said a lot of times, The Future Looks Rosy, It is a fact. Like it or not that this is going to happen with Ron Martin at the top, he will do it!

Back