• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Few Sad Stats

Javea Shrimper

At the moment we are :

Fourth highest scorers in the division with 27 goals behind Yeovil Town (30), Leyton Orient (29) and Sc**thorpe United (28).

Second most wins at home (6) behind Sc**thorpe United (7).

Third most goals scored at home (16) behind Yeovil Town (19) and Sc**thorpe United (18).

Third most goal scored away (11) behind Leyton Orient (15) and Bury (12).

18th most prolific goalscorers out of the 92 clubs with 1.6 goals per game - when was the last time that happened? Chelsea are down in 28th and those "giants" Manchester United are down in 76th spot with less than one goal per game. Bottom of the pile are Kidderminster Harriers with 0.5 goals per game.

Isn't it good being a Shrimper at the moment?!

WS

Wow those stats are real eye openers, I just wish I was back at the hall to experience the good times
sad.gif
. Roll on xmas...

Especially when considering our 'goal shy' start to the season, been playing catch up for some time! We should all be and probably are proud of our Blue boys!

I've left my newspaper behind today, but can tell you that Kevin Maher is the leading provider in League 2 with 7 assists, so if there are any doubters that he should be playing, this needs to be considered.

Our shots / goals ratio is interesting and is currently running at a goal every 7.5 shots approx (13.71%), which is the fifth highest strike rate. It was under 10% about six weeks ago.

Last 6 games (all comp's) - Won 4, Draw 1, Lost 1, For 17, Against 8

Last 6 games (League) - Won 4, Draw 1, Lost 1, For 15, Against 8 (13pts or more than 2pts per game on average)

We're almost completely unrecognisable from the team I watched in the first few games. All credit to Tilly for turning us round so quickly.

If we can get our away form sorted then we should be definately there or thereabouts this season.

Roll on the good times!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 08 2004,09:21)]We're almost completely unrecognisable from the team I watched in the first few games. All credit to Tilly for turning us round so quickly.

If we can get our away form sorted then we should be definately there or thereabouts this season.

Roll on the good times!  
biggrin.gif
The reason we are in the upper echelons of League 2 is consistency. Most managers will be happy with a point away from home and take the odd win when they can. We have 8pts away from home so far from 8 matches. We're achieving our goals and I can't see what more Tilson & Brush can do, other than have faith in their squad of players. Roots Hall is becoming a fortress and to this end, we are on target for a great season.

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Nov. 08 2004,11:56)]We're achieving our goals and I can't see what more Tilson & Brush can do, other than have faith in their squad of players.
Sounds dangerously like resting on your laurels to me.

I agree they're doing everything right, but they have to keep the perspective that the team should be improving or we'll have problems.

Then again, we could just play 8-1-1 with Maher midfield to pass to Eastwood.

Since Roots hall turning into a fortress does this mean we will be getting a couple of fake plastic turrets installed just like West Ham?

I hope so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 08 2004,14:49)]Since Roots hall turning into a fortress does this mean we will be getting a couple of fake plastic turrets installed just like West Ham?
We could do if we wanted to make everyone driving down Victoria Road laugh at us.

After all, everyone I know (who's not a Tinned Spam fan) who's seen West Ham's thinks that they are the silliest looking things this side of the Watford Gap. Pretty much sums the club they belong to up...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Nov. 08 2004,08:47)]I've left my newspaper behind today, but can tell you that Kevin Maher is the leading provider in League 2 with 7 assists, so if there are any doubters that he should be playing, this needs to be considered.
I rest my case ! (or at least until the next time I see some anti-Maher posts)
laugh.gif

Back