• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Few Thoughts On The Season Just Gone And Of Next Season

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
I have now accepted the fact that we were unfortunatly not good enough to go up this season in what ended up being a very tough league with some decent sides in it i have now started to reflect on the season just gone.

Last night was a kick in the nuts and i'm gutted for the players to have lost 5-1 as that is a embarassing scoreline especially on live t.v , but the fact was that we got totally outplayed and player for player was not as good as Donny but was upset at the way we gave up.

Looking back on the season i really did have high hopes of a top 3 finish as coming down from the CCC i thought we'd be more equipped and more savvy for the experience of playing against and beating some quality sides last season, i was not happy with the predictions people had about us finishing midtable and it would be a good season ,b8llocks IMO , we are a team on the up and have a fantastic fan base and a great Chairman and a Good young manager .

But i feel gutted that we could not compete with the top sides this season but now have to concead that our squad was not strong enough and i really hope that we learn again from this and really strengthen the side for next years push for promotion , we have swapped Swansea, Forest and Leeds/Donny for Scunny , col u and Leicester which surely will make next season a slightly easier league.

There needs to be a shake up as there are some under performers and some dead wood at the club and in order to go onwards and upwards we need to out them , ruthless maybe but we can't keep sticking up for some of the poor performances where we have rolled over and died .

We need new blood and i would listen to offers on Black , Hunt , collis , maher, harrold ,Barrett , revell and Gower and ship Mcdonald , mousa , herd , on loan to give them more experience of league football.

We need a new keeper , a 2 new strong big centre halfs( a must ) and a experienced forward ( a must) in order to push forward and challenge as a top 2 finish is well capable with the right personel being brought in.

This is not a kneejerk reaction to last night but just what i think was wrong this season and what needs to be done for next .

Next season's squad

GK: new keeper, Masters
RB: Francis, Hunt
LB: Mulgrew?/Lockwood?, Barrett
CB: Experienced tall centre-back, Liptak
CB: Barrett, Clarke, Hunt,
RM: Black, Scannell, Moussa, Revell
CM: Bailey, Moussa
CM: McCormack, Grant?
LM: Gower, Black, Scannell
CF: Walker, MacDonald, Hooper
CF: Barnard, Revell, Harrold

I dont think we need to spend big money. We have a young squad and just need to add a prior and a goater, older heads who wouldn't have collasped at 1-0 last night.

Or like Maher would have done.

Must say it was one hell of a big game to throw Moussa into last night and maybe in hindsight it was the wrong thing to do , the kid has obviously got talent but was way out of his depth last night and it showed .

Don't really want to start up a argument about how he played as i have faith that t+b have seen something in him that has shone but he needs to do more as a centre midfielder to hold down a place in this ultra competive league, where the tackles fly in and you have to earn the right to get the ball down and ping passes about, which i think is his game.

Next season's squad

GK: new keeper, Masters
RB: Francis, Hunt
LB: Mulgrew?/Lockwood?, Barrett
CB: Experienced tall centre-back, Liptak
CB: Barrett, Clarke, Hunt,
RM: Black, Scannell, Moussa, Revell
CM: Bailey, Moussa
CM: McCormack, Grant?
LM: Gower, Black, Scannell
CF: Walker, MacDonald, Hooper
CF: Barnard, Revell, Harrold

Sorry but half of that lot should be shipped out. Our strikers wit hthe exception of Barney and the loanees have 3 league goals between them. Harrold, Hoops and MAc D are not good enough for this level. Black has been a huge let down. Hunt I imagine will go tho would like him to stay. Liptak cant see him ever playng for us.

need 2 centre backs, a left back (cant see Mulgrew staying), a right winger, and 3 decent strikers.

Back