• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Field in England

What do you think of the multi-format idea, and what is, realistically the aim?

It's a great idea if it gets an indie, low budget picture a wider audience. The big Hollywood films dominate the cinema leaving little room for films like this, especially outside of big cities. I hope more films follow suit.

Watched it last night when a bit drunk. Weird as hell and not particularly great, but the mushrooms bit was quality. Really trippy.

I liked it. Made you think. Good interview after as well.

The best scene was after Shearsmith went into the tent, his expression was haunting.

I liked it. Made you think. Good interview after as well.

The best scene was after Shearsmith went into the tent, his expression was haunting.

Yer and I thought now something might finally happen as this is allegedly a horror film. I was very wrong.

Also, I was expecting Noel Fielding to turn up in an interesting hat so it could turn into an episode of The Mighty Boosh.

Yer and I thought now something might finally happen as this is allegedly a horror film. I was very wrong.

Also, I was expecting Noel Fielding to turn up in an interesting hat so it could turn into an episode of The Mighty Boosh.

I didn't see The Mighty Boosh so can't comment.

It wasn't really a horror film, it had elements of horror. It also had elements of fantasy. You couldn't really pinpoint it. Much like his other films.

I didn't see The Mighty Boosh so can't comment.

It wasn't really a horror film, it had elements of horror. It also had elements of fantasy. You couldn't really pinpoint it. Much like his other films.

Yes agreed (haven't seen Sightseers) but at least they had a coherent story! That should always be the main feature of a film in my eyes - everything else is secondary.

Yes agreed (haven't seen Sightseers) but at least they had a coherent story! That should always be the main feature of a film in my eyes - everything else is secondary.

Why? I understood the story - the bad guy wanted treasure and Shearsmith was the man who could guide him there. The others helped him dig for it.

Back