• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Dear Sir, Seeing as it is inevitable that once again we will not be getting promoted, means during the off season you will once again have to spend your time courting new investors.We certainly need one if not more, here are a few facts you can promote to would be investors.
1 ) Y ou can explain to them ,that with a good team their is not a shadow of doubt that the supporters would fill the stadium to excess.
2 ) given a good team ,other supporters who go to games in London ,im sure would also go to watch SUFC as it would save them money.
3 ) Show them the figures on the number of supporters whe went to watch when we played in the JPT finals at Millenium Stadium twice, also the many thousands who this year will be going to Wembley to support the team they love.
4) Show them the figures of when Southend played in the Championship, of practically full houses at every home game.
5) Prove to them the practicality of having a new home ,Fossetts Farm, a 25000 seat stadium ,which given a good team would be a full house practically every home game.
6) Show would be investors that their money would be well invested in a Town whose supporters deserve a decent team in a decent division. who have proved in the past given that they will support.
Mr Martin if you are unable to do this then YOU like the mangers who cannot perform also should make way for somebody who can.
yours sincerely
Stewart Burdett

Show them the net asset value is about £-9.5m

Show them how much Roots Hall is worth.

Show them your hair products and the real reason why our monthly loss is down from 100k to 60k is because you now buy L'Oreal in bulk!

Show them you are in debt to the tune of about 25 million.

If that is the case (and I have no reason to doubt you) is there any realistic chance of SUFC surviving say the next 3-5 years (or indeed the next 3-5 months..) ?

Surely there is absolutely no-one out there who would write off 25 mill for a league 2 club ?

If that is the case (and I have no reason to doubt you) is there any realistic chance of SUFC surviving say the next 3-5 years (or indeed the next 3-5 months..) ?

Surely there is absolutely no-one out there who would write off 25 mill for a league 2 club ?

It all depends on the new ground, without that I would say no chance. It isn't all the club debt some is personal to RM and Martin Dawn.

Edit:

And now having wrote that it is the same pot at the end of the day.

4) Show them the figures of when Southend played in the Championship, of practically full houses at every home game.

Granted, our one season in the Championship under Tilly saw an average home attendace of approx 10,000, bouyed by the feel-good factor of two successive promotions. You cannot ignore the fact however that our five previous seasons in the second tier attracted gates of nearer 5,000 (3,600 for the likes of Bristol City and Barnsley).

It all depends on the new ground, without that I would say no chance. It isn't all the club debt some is personal to RM and Martin Dawn.

Edit:

So actually, much as it pains me to say it, Ron's way (FF come what may and RM staying in control) is the only way.

Sobering thought.

In which case we better hope he appoints another miracle worker when PS leaves, cos without some decent results, ST sales, Cup runs, keeping the basic fan base and bums on seats we are totally fecked.

Dear Sir, Seeing as it is inevitable that once again we will not be getting promoted, means during the off season you will once again have to spend your time courting new investors.We certainly need one if not more, here are a few facts you can promote to would be investors.
1 ) Y ou can explain to them ,that with a good team their is not a shadow of doubt that the supporters would fill the stadium to excess.
2 ) given a good team ,other supporters who go to games in London ,im sure would also go to watch SUFC as it would save them money.
3 ) Show them the figures on the number of supporters whe went to watch when we played in the JPT finals at Millenium Stadium twice, also the many thousands who this year will be going to Wembley to support the team they love.
5) Prove to them the practicality of having a new home ,Fossetts Farm, a 25000 seat stadium ,which given a good team would be a full house practically every home game.
6) Show would be investors that their money would be well invested in a Town whose supporters deserve a decent team in a decent division. who have proved in the past given that they will support.
Mr Martin if you are unable to do this then YOU like the mangers who cannot perform also should make way for somebody who can.
yours sincerely
Stewart Burdett

perhaps also show him how to tie his shoe laces

ps-
1- did not happen when we were on our unbeaten run last season, so probably best not to mention this :winking:
2- is an opinion with no facts to back it up, so best not to mention this
3- good point
4- fair point - however 10,000 at fossets in championship will NOT break even (figures direct from Ron martin presentation a few years back at the royals)
5- its 22000, not 25,000, and even Ron has never said that it would be a full house every game, even in the championship
6- investors don't care what we 'deserve' and we have never proven what we might do.

What the club did (I have never seen it so am taking Ron's word for it) was produce a presentation showing the demographics of the area compared to other clubs, what promotion has done to attendances for other teams, and what a new stadium has done for other clubs. Using this they were then able to scientifically model what our attendances would be. Whether the model was 'reasonable' I have no idea

yours sincerely
Stewart Burdett

In business grammar and punctuation are everything, you'll get nowhere with a letter like that.

Yes you lot a definite bunch of negative imbosiles,you must come here just to read and see who todays target is for your razor edged tongues , no wonder Southend have never reached great heights ,it appears league two is all some of you half witted twits deserve, well you certainly got your just desserts , enjoy it!

This time next year we'll be millionaires!!!

[video=youtube;UDdKc04XK-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDdKc04XK-Y[/video]

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Yes you lot a definite bunch of negative imbosiles,you must come here just to read and see who todays target is for your razor edged tongues , no wonder Southend have never reached great heights ,it appears league two is all some of you half witted twits deserve, well you certainly got your just desserts , enjoy it!

Be sure to write your letter in crayon.

Edit:

As it has been said on here before that is double counting the debts
The FC borrows 12M from RM companies who inturn borrow the money from, say, sainsbury, its on the Group companies accounts as both an asset and a liability.
Added up debt is 24 m but it will only take 12m to clear

I think you have taken things a bit personally. I don't think anyone was really having a pop at you, a few trying to have a laugh maybe and some giving their opinion on your post, which is what the forum is for right?
I'm not doubting your love for the club but did think your post was a little naive. Whatever we think of Ron, he is no idiot and I'm sure he knows how and is better equipped to sell the club to investors. The problem is there isn't much to sell it seems, any business person wouldn't touch us as an investment, all the points you make are dependent on variables that aren't easy to control. To put it simply there are many better investments than us. So that just leaves us with football people, those that have a love for the club, which was the route taken with Gary Lockett. There doesn't appear to be any rich Southend fans willing to put money in, certainly not any that want to play second fiddle to Ron. One of us needs to win the euro millions.

This isn't a personal dig at you, just my opinion on your post

I think the comment "once again we will not be getting promoted" is a bit harsh
Since we came into the league in 1922 we have been promoted 8 items (of which RM has presided over 1/4 ) and relegated 7 (RM 2 of them0
Even if you take it since the de-regionalisation of the lower two teirs, thats 8 promotions in 55 seasons, "once again we will not getting promoted" could apply to any of 47 of the last 55 years...

So actually, much as it pains me to say it, Ron's way (FF come what may and RM staying in control) is the only way.

Sobering thought.

In which case we better hope he appoints another miracle worker when PS leaves, cos without some decent results, ST sales, Cup runs, keeping the basic fan base and bums on seats we are totally fecked.

You must be Ron ......poorly disguised

Back