• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badgershrimp

Schoolboy
Just a short message to let everyone know this years "A Match for Martin" will take place on Sunday 9th October at Burroughs Park, home of Great Wakering Rovers FC.
Southend United supporter Martin Cranmer passed away in August 2010 just 40 years old. Several events in his memeory(including football match and a ball) have already raised in the region of £6000 for various charities.
The match will once again be contested between the Southend United Guests & Legends and Martin's XI, with any money raised being donated to the youth teams at Southend United and Great Wakering Rovers (supporting the future of football at two of our local clubs). Admission has been set at Adults £3 OAP and Under 16's £1.
Former Shrimpers who have confirmed their support include David Crown, Bill Garner, Tony Hadley, Jon O'Brien and Dave Cusack. I will update people who's playing as the match draws closer.
On behalf of Martin's widow Zoe, may I thank everyone for their help and support with staging this football match - Brian.

Come along to this fantastic event, I was lucky enough to get to play the first half of the game for the legend before being subbed to let the "legend" to play.

Martin was a lovely guy and followed the Blues just as you all do and by being part of this day if its playing,watching or just donating money will help keep the memory of Martin live on.

I am sure a number of the first team players will attend this great match so give you a chance to have a little one on one time with them.

You will not have a bigger laugh at a football match watching Myself,Scott Peters, Jack read, Brain,Trevor Bashford and many more famous SUFC supporters.

I spoke to Zoe last night, she informed me that last seasons match raised £1100 for Little havens and the Ball raise £4500 for Kingsdown school. Be great if we could do well again - cheers for supporting us.

Just a shameless bump for this. If you want a good laugh there's a rumour that even I will be putting some boots on for the day!!

Brian,
what a great job you have done on this again, just seen the facebook page
Came LY and it was a great day.
If you need any more players I am more than willing to play at the ripe old age of 37!!!
Wardy

Badger74
If you need any more players I am more than willing to play at the ripe old age of 57 !!!
Wardy

To be honest you look a lot older than that.

Put your boots in Badger74, you never know! I understand one or two of the Southend Old boys are stuggling after playing in the match for James on Wednesday night. I hope we get a good turn out of players and I hope we get a big crowd but most of all I hope we do Martin proud. Thanks everyone for your support - Brian

Back