• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A new era for the inbreds...

Sussex Shrimper

Manager
...or maybe not.

Their phenomenal attendance of 5,340 yesterday included 1,000 away fans, so according to my maths their star signings and world class arena succeeded in attracting all of 4,340 home fans.

Pathetic, in a word.

Given that they are still full of their prospects for becoming an established Championship club, is there another set of fans in the Football League who exhibit a larger gulf between fantasy and reality? All rivalry aside, I honestly can't think of a single example.

I can only think that they must be lacking a safety certificate and so the crowd was limited to around that figure, cos if not then that is a truly woeful attendance for the first match at Cloud Cuckoo Land .. i'd like to think we'd have around 75% capacity for the first match at FF, but certainly a heck of a lot more than the 53% they had

My first instinct when hearing this yesterday was to laugh, but I can only see how the quite ludicrous match-day pricing we saw published on here before has put off the average fan.

Before laughing long and hard at our "rivals", I can only hope to God that this doesn't turn out to be the nightmare scenario for us given the increase in costs and difficulty in funding our own stadium with the true fan priced out of going to the games.

Oh, **** it!

Less than 4,500 in to celebrate your new "put you on the map " Stadium!! What a sad, pathetic excuse for a club!

:D

They never had the support before, why should it happen now?. They are achieving nothing have spent 800k on players and are still the same old s--t team. The prices of going to cloud cuckoo land are prohibitive too.
UTB

They never had the support before, why should it happen now?. They are achieving nothing have spent 800k on players and are still the same old s--t team. The prices of going to cloud cuckoo land are prohibitive too.
UTB

You speak the truth, but try telling it to them. :D

Fact is, there is no footballing case whatsoever to be made for watching Col Ewe instead of spending 20 minutes each way in the car to watch real Championship football played before respectable crowds. There's no longer any real economic case to be made either. The contrast in value for money offered speaks for itself.

The only thing that could feasibly draw people to watch the inbreds would be if they were perceived to be a source of local pride, something to put Colchester on the map - but the populace seem to have voted with their feet on that one, don't they?

What amazes me is they come down here in their droves when they play us.Must love the seaside, the fitter birds, the fish and chips at the fish house

What amazes me is they come down here in their droves when they play us.Must love the seaside, the fitter birds, the fish and chips at the fish house

Ah yes, the charming aroma of fish. Could its attraction be connected to the fact that they love their mums up there, rather too literally. ;)

They are lucky to bring over a thousand, jokers!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the crowd they got yesterday!

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX!!

Never known them to bring more than 1,000 to Roots Hall, they might have brought more in the early 70's but probably not many more.

They will never need to fill in those corners will they!

They play Oldham next home game & will be lucky to get 4,500 crowd. I think they have 1,700 season ticket holders so at least crowds won't drop below 2,000.

As for the price they had a rethink & the cheapest adult tickets are £20 so £2 cheaper than us.

Don't forget our 1st game (reserves) at the WHCS is on Tuesday 11th November 2pm kick off, see you there.

http://www.cu-fc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Reserves/0,,10424~1075341,00.html

I can only think that they must be lacking a safety certificate and so the crowd was limited to around that figure, cos if not then that is a truly woeful attendance for the first match at Cloud Cuckoo Land .. i'd like to think we'd have around 75% capacity for the first match at FF, but certainly a heck of a lot more than the 53% they had

No...safety certificate fully issued (bar about 100 seats at the rear of the main stand).

made me chuckle when i heard the crowd, what an embarrassment, can't wait to see their crowds when its not the first game at a new stadium and they are struggling at the bottom of the table.

Back