• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok, so many have advocated that Sturrock should cop for the Spanish Archer. As I've stated on these pages often enough I've not really warmed to Sturrock, but do recognise that he has taken us from a position of having next to no players to the play offs. That I'd suggest is a fair achievement, and if most of you are honest would probably have taken 4th back in August.

So has the time come for a change at the top, and if so who would your choice be? You can't have Sean O'Driscoll who has taken over at Crawley, he would have been near the top of my list.

I'm not opening this because I want Luggy out on balance I think he's still the man for the job.

Over to you lot.

Oh, and anyonre suggesting Martin Allen gets automatic red and a ban for life. :smile:

We do not need a change, you lot seem to have short memorys!! he has taken us to a good level, since the mess we was in prior to him joining.

Let's see how we do in the summer with signings etc, than Judge again at xmas you lot are so fickle!

Tilly! thanks but no you should never go back, Eastwood comes to mind hasnt really set the world alight let's be honest!

I still think it's a crime that tilly let Hopper go, he was class how many goals did he score at the weekend! oh yeah 5!!!!

sturrock has done a great job in very little time here, people forget all too easy these days, he needs another season to get us up and i think he will next season.

Its fair enough people wanting PS out, but who are a league 2 team really going to get as manager?

You have to ask the question is there anyone who'd join who is better?

The Special one has now conquered Spain, time to conquer L2?

We do not need a change, you lot seem to have short memorys!! he has taken us to a good level, since the mess we was in prior to him joining.

Let's see how we do in the summer with signings etc, than Judge again at xmas you lot are so fickle!
http://www.google.fr/imgres?q=Hoppe...11&start=20&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:20,i:130

Tilly! thanks but no you should never go back, Eastwood comes to mind hasnt really set the world alight let's be honest!

I still think it's a crime that tilly let Hopper go, he was class how many goals did he score at the weekend! oh yeah 5!!!!
http://www.artliste.com/edward-hopper/station-service-408.html
I really rate Hopper as well. :winking:

Sturrock deserves more time...but he has to change the style..both for success and entertainment.

He won't change the style - that is how he has always played. Similarly you wouldn't expect Arsene Wenger to suddenly go all long-ball.

Neither will he change his favourite players like Barker, Gilbert and Timlin - all of whom are abject, but are his disciples.

As I said ages ago we should have got rid in December to allow anyone new to come in and purchase his won players in the January window rather than what we got: Timlin, Flood, Benyon etc....

We may not have got into the automatics with a new man, we may or may not have made the play-off's but we would be in exactly the same place we are now: League Two.

Neil Harris for me.

Regardless of what we as fans would have taken at the start of the season, the club made a statement of intent with an array of decent signings designed to take us up this year. Sturrock has failed to do that, has had his chance, and I think it's time to give the keys back to a Southend man who can get the fans on his side and take the club forward.

We are lucky to have him. What he has done for this club since he has been here is nothing short Of heroic. Just to think of where we could be now. He deserves at least until this time next year. IMO we are very unlucky to miss out on an automatic and gave a good account of ourselves in the play offs. While I am absolutely gutted we missed out I am totally pumped and expectant for next season. This is no more unfounded then those baying for blood. The fact is we were a good team this year and it was a joy to support this team. So for me, I can't wait. UTB

Last edited:
He won't change the style - that is how he has always played. Similarly you wouldn't expect Arsene Wenger to suddenly go all long-ball.

Neither will he change his favourite players like Barker, Gilbert and Timlin - all of whom are abject, but are his disciples.

As I said ages ago we should have got rid in December to allow anyone new to come in and purchase his won players in the January window rather than what we got: Timlin, Flood, Benyon etc....

We may not have got into the automatics with a new man, we may or may not have made the play-off's but we would be in exactly the same place we are now: League Two.

Which has got him 5 promotions. Why should he change his style of play if it gets promotions?

Its fair enough people wanting PS out, but who are a league 2 team really going to get as manager?

You have to ask the question is there anyone who'd join who is better?

The Special one has now conquered Spain, time to conquer L2?

I never really understand this who else could we get, and nowone will come to a L2 team thing.

We got Sturrock didn't we? Where did the other league 2 teams that got promoted get their managers from?

I'm not having a pop, just have never really got that question. There must be hundreds of out of work / wannabe managers up and down the country dying for a chance, they might be cack, they might be awesome. I cant honestly say that BITD I would have said, "That Tilson player is gonna manage us one day and get us promoted".

Sturrock deserves more time...but he has to change the style..both for success and entertainment.

He will never change his boring style and as has been proven over the last month or so, still can't win football games when it really matters as he wants to start negative and then regret it when it's too late. Don't mind the bloke but aint sure we will ever be entertained or have the flair and bottle to get out of this increasingly difficult league!

We are lucky to have him. What he has done for this club since he has been here is nothing short Of heroic. Just to think of where we could be now. He deserves at least until this time next year. IMO we are very uh my to miss oout on an automatic and gave a good account or ourselves in the play offs. While I am absolutely gutted we missed out I am totally pumped and expectant for next season. This is no more unfounded then those baying for blood. The fact is we were a good team this year and it was a joy to support this team. So for me, I can't wait. UTB
Yes, he's very good at getting you back to mediocrity and not much further with his mindset. Blimey, two midgets to start with up front last night, a bit of hoofball and tie over, just what we need!

He will never change his boring style and as has been proven over the last month or so, still can't win football games when it really matters as he wants to start negative and then regret it when it's too late. Don't mind the bloke but aint sure we will ever be entertained or have the flair and bottle to get out of this increasingly difficult league!

We have changed our style recently though and we did win against Oxford and cheltenham and got a draw against Torquay, all important results.

Whether we can improve further in the style that we play and actually deliver the kind of football we want remains to be seen.

Id say he has achieved enough this season to warrant being given a chance, with 83 points and the amount of goals scored and away games won we have had lots of quantity, Im interested in whether we can see more quality.

Yes, he's very good at getting you back to mediocrity and not much further with his mindset. Blimey, two midgets to start with up front last night, a bit of hoofball and tie over, just what we need!

So to clarify you thought we played hoofball last night which you dont like and you want to play bigger strikers who we can lump it up to ?

Playing Eastwood and Harris in recent games has reduced the amount of hoofing done, I would have thought thats a positive.

I never really understand this who else could we get, and nowone will come to a L2 team thing.

We got Sturrock didn't we? Where did the other league 2 teams that got promoted get their managers from?

I'm not having a pop, just have never really got that question. There must be hundreds of out of work / wannabe managers up and down the country dying for a chance, they might be cack, they might be awesome. I cant honestly say that BITD I would have said, "That Tilson player is gonna manage us one day and get us promoted".

This is very true, there's plenty of out of work managers out there who'd fall over themselves to get another job.
Recent converts to League 2 include McGhee at Bristol Rovers & Hoofroyd at Northampton.

We more than exceeded expectations with an average quality squad, lead the league for the best part of the season, scored goals across the park, entertained in the most part.

Why oh why do people think we should have a change of manager!!!!

How about a change of supporters and a ban on the "Tilson" word!!!!!!!

:angry:

This is very true, there's plenty of out of work managers out there who'd fall over themselves to get another job.
Recent converts to League 2 include McGhee at Bristol Rovers & Hoofroyd at Northampton.

True. But what do we think will happen the second a club higher up the pyramid look twice at those two?

That's the problem with the revolving door - if the manager does well then he gets poached by someone else and if he doesn't then we all know what happens.

Back