• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A New Season

Barmy Army

Director
So with the new season almost upon us, what hopes does everyone have?

We've undergone a bit of a youth movement at Pearlstars with the most recent signing being a 17year old solid playmaker, passable defender for a fair amount of money.

Am in the process of selling a formidable winger, outstanding playmaker for £1million+, and this morning managed to pick up an outstanding winger for half that price.

New striker bought last season seems to be a good goalscorer, grabbing three in the cup last week, and he'll start with my outstanding striker who's also up for sale. The revolving doors continue to move.

New teams, the one relegated will challenge with the team that got relegated last year for the title. Out of the other four that have come in, only one looks Div V worthy, and the other three should provide easy 6 points.

On that notion I'm looking for 24points this year as a maximum, and to retain 3rd place.

Trying to make ground on the only other side in my division who are better than mine. Am pondering whether to buy another excellent striker (I'm in VI) to replace my solid, and will hopefully make a lot of dosh from selling trainees.

Hoping to Win the league this season with not trying to win the sz cup, I may even drop out and just go flag chasing. Back to PM training this season after a mixture of passing & GK. So I line up with an outstanding keeper, 2 Formidable 1 Excellent Defenders, 1 Brilliant 2 Formidable Playmakers, 1 Excellent Winger with Excellent PM and 1 Solid winger with Solid PM and 1 Formidable Scorer and 1 Outstanding. After the first match Im top won 7-0

Fecking Lost 3-1 away! Got my best forward sent off, plus got a player out for 4 weeks now!
mad.gif

Going to be very tough for me this season, the newly promoted team from VI is capable of getting 200 hatstats
wow.gif
and the one that came down from IV has had over 240 before. The rest of the division is strong, my form is poor and my best midfielder is injured for 6 weeks.

Oh and we opened the season with a 2-0 home defeat to the team that finished below us last season
laugh.gif

Solid 4-1 home win over the only half decent team in my league. The rest of them are teams full of Drewe Broughtons

blues.gif
kungfu.gif

What skill is more important in a winger - passing or PM? Want to buy an excellent winger as I play attack on the wings.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Museshrimper @ May 04 2006,18:01)]What skill is more important in a winger - passing or PM? Want to buy an excellent winger as I play attack on the wings.
I always go for Playmaking Muse with at least weak passing as if train PM they go up in playmaking which makes them worth more when you sell them.

Should win my division this season.

I think I'd struggle in div IV though.

Won 3-1 away to stay top home to the team who finished 2nd last season next week so going MOTS to make sure of 3 pts

Disaster for me, 2 defeats to start the season and forgot to set my cup line up before going on holiday and with all my recent transfer activity my default line up was invalid so I gave away a walkover and lost training. Boo!

Although I lost my opener to last seasons 2nd place team, they are much better than I am anyway...
Goals this season:
Improve the stadium - to 30k
Get my my best 5 def up to Formidable
Get my best 2 strikers up to Formidable.
Win the league for the 3rd season running.

Back