• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

this will be a great night and I hope at the game against Daggers Roy gets a great reception by the roots hall faithful

i can imagine ORM frantically trying to book a flight back to the UK as soon as he sees this!

**** it. I'm back on 11 August and either leaving on 25th or the Saturday afterwards. I just don't think I'll get away with another few "essential" days in the London office. Please, please tell me there will be either an official DVD or they will allow filming. I'm FIRST in the queue.

**** **** **** **** ****. And Crowny too. Apart from all the stories Crown can tell you just how important Donut was to the Club and I believe the Bellhouse and Hong Kong House

Went to shop yesterday to buy tickets and was told that I should ring Commercial Department. Tried twice in afternoon but no-one answered telephone.

A Night With John Neilson- when?

You wouldn't want to! I saw him in Chicago's as it was then getting a beauty of a right hander from a woman he wouldn't leave alone & then got chucked out. Shortly afterwards two women had a fight that saw one carted off to hospital with a lump on her head that made her look like The Elephant Man. Mike Marsh was on the orange juice enjoying the entertainment like the rest of us!!

I've dropped the club a line, to make sure they have tickets in the club shop/ticket office.

Cheers,

Bernie

I'm not sure on capacity exactly, but having covered shareholder's meetings and Q&A's at the Shrimpers before, I would imagine 150-200.

I'll try and get some exact answers out of the club on Monday.

But I would advise anyone who fancies it to get tickets in advance, just to be on the safe side!

Oh, and as for five people in your group (hopefully, transforming into 17) - great stuff, cheers mate!

Amen to that! Roy is hilarious as a speaker and this will be a very memorable night. I hope he gets a great turn out, too. A true football legend, that are sadly thin on the ground, if not completely extinct in the modern game.

Perhaps, I could take photos of people with Roy & Motty & split the proceeds between SZ & charity of their choice? Sparks or/ Little Havens?

I'll echo that, sounds like a great idea, Rich!

I'll see who Roy would like proceeds to go to. There is a story in the book which points to Samaritans, so I'll ask him.

Also, just had this message from Brian Wheeler in Blues' commerical department regarding the big night.

Hi Bernie,

Tickets for the Pie and Pint Night with Roy McDonough can be booked by email to susannah.flood@southend-united.co.uk

Or call at the club during normal office hours and someone will be there from Monday.

We have taken a fair few bookings already you will be pleased to hear.

Thanks,

Brian

Hope that helps!

Back