• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll echo that, sounds like a great idea, Rich!

I'll see who Roy would like proceeds to go to. There is a story in the book which points to Samaritans, so I'll ask him.

I'd be happy with that considering I know a couple of volunteers & people who have needed their help.

Perhaps you could get them to Roy to sign as well?

Well, he will be over for a week, doing publicity, then a Colchester signing the following weekend.

He's staying with me in Leigh for a few days, so if you get them developed sharpish, we can definitely sort something out!

Well, he will be over for a week, doing publicity, then a Colchester signing the following weekend.

He's staying with me in Leigh for a few days, so if you get them developed sharpish, we can definitely sort something out!

A quick polish & trim of photos & a trip to Asda or Snappy Snaps & all should be ok! A 2 day turn round I reckon at most!!

Can't wait for this. Have my ticket already and will be getting book on the big night. Looking forward to reading the truth about this legend, and did he really go home with a car load of barmaids after a Friday night match. That was the rumour. Wonder if any of his old conquests will turn up for a bit of nostalgia as well.

When does he arrive ? Having exhausted all possibilities to delay I've managed to extend my return to UK but only by a week. Flying back either on 31st or possibly 1st. As my all time #1 legend by a country mile I'd take 30 secs of his time for a photo opportunity and a chance to thank him for the memories.

And if Kevin Maher is reading this as #2 you are a country mile ahead of the rest of the pack. :smile:

Hello ORM, unfortunately Roy doesn't fly in himself from sunny Spain until Thursday, Sept 6, and leaving again on Monday, Sept 17.

Sorry mate :sad:

There is a Kindle version - on the official Aug 20th release date.

Book was finished earlier than we expected so Amazon have started shipping and Waterstone's have taken stock nationally.

But Kindle IS coming!

Hello ORM, unfortunately Roy doesn't fly in himself from sunny Spain until Thursday, Sept 6, and leaving again on Monday, Sept 17.

Sorry mate :sad:

Ha ba. Thanks Bernie no probs. any chance of an ash cloud on the weekend before. Ha ha. Not the only disappointment I've had following the mighty Shrimpers but a gutting one nonetheless. I'm first in the queue for any video of the night and very jealous of the lucky *******s going.

Still I fly home tomorrow night. Finished a couple of calls from home. It's 9pm I'm showered, its 30 degrees, I'm changed and heading into town for a beer or several in consolation with some workmates also heading away Already warned work I'm late in tomorrow which is a good job because packing when on the calls didn't go too well. I love being boss.

Oh dear. Is it morning already?:stunned:

Last edited:
“In my day it used to be who can drink the most but now it’s about who has the best manicure, haircut or car in the car park.”

I've just received my copy of Red Card Roy and will be having my first read of it a bit later

Back