• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
So, players who were once pretty good and who have played for us either at the tail end of their careers or at any rate, past their prime...

What's the best side we can put out?

Improvements to the below squad welcomed.

Neville Southall

Chris Ramsey
Frank Lampard
Christian Dailly
Michael Turner

Tony Currie (controversial)
Mike Marsh (also controversial)
Ronnie Whelan
Martin Allen

Trevor Whymark
Dougie Freedman

Subs
Mark Prudhoe
Marc Antoine Fortune
Kevin O' Callaghan
Michael Ricketts
Shaun Goater

That's a bloody good midfield when they were in their prime, and the strikers aren't bad either! Plus Southall was one of the best in the world when he was on the top of his game.

So, players who were once pretty good and who have played for us either at the tail end of their careers or at any rate, past their prime...

What's the best side we can put out?

Improvements to the below squad welcomed.

Neville Southall

Chris Ramsey
Frank Lampard
Christian Dailly
Michael Turner

Tony Currie (controversial)
Mike Marsh (also controversial)
Ronnie Whelan
Martin Allen

Trevor Whymark
Dougie Freedman

Subs
Mark Prudhoe
Marc Antoine Fortune
Kevin O' Callaghan
Michael Ricketts
Shaun Goater

That's a bloody good midfield when they were in their prime, and the strikers aren't bad either! Plus Southall was one of the best in the world when he was on the top of his game.

was Chris Ramsey any cop?

In his prime he was... didn't he play for England once?

But he wasn't for us, granted!
I believe the club sacked him for punching another player , a typical Dick Bate signing , crap .:smile:

Eddie Firmani (Italian caps, etc etc)
George Molyneux (FA Cup finalist, 2 England caps)
Jimmy McAlinden (FA Cup winner, 5 caps for Ireland, record signing for Stoke)
Norman Uprichard (Played in 58 World Cup for Northern Ireland)
Eddie Clayton (Spurs in the 60s)

a few to start with...

In his prime he was... didn't he play for England once?

But he wasn't for us, granted!

He didn't play for England, indeed he only played very briefly in the top flight.

Is the criteria here that they were very good at one point, but never any good for us?

Lawrie Leslie (5 caps for Scotland)
Don Mackay is a goalkeeping legend at Dundee Utd (2nd most appearances as a goalie)
Rob Newman must be up there and Daryl Sutch

He didn't play for England, indeed he only played very briefly in the top flight.

Is the criteria here that they were very good at one point, but never any good for us?

Yes. It doesn't matter how they played for us, it's how they played before us that's important.

Ramsey goes then. Funny, I thought he had once been a pretty decent player so my mistake.

Yes. It doesn't matter how they played for us, it's how they played before us that's important.

Ramsey goes then. Funny, I thought he had once been a pretty decent player so my mistake.

Must admit, I had a similar impression.

I must also admit that I'm struggling here - Ian Selley could be a shout I suppose? Did nothing for us, but did start in a ECWC Final winning Arsenal team.

That said, right now on an Arsenal forum, they're probably discussing a 'worst Arsenal XI to have started a major final'...

Who would this team's manager be? Anyone who had a notably good CV before taking over the reins at SUFC and having a 'mare?

Back