• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A pessimistic sense of inadequacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sudden In Out

I am somewhat perplexed by an apparent all-consuming desire to aim a discontented kick at the football club by the same collection of people on the forum, led with absolute gusto by the likes of CS J and TonytheKray. Their constant bleatings on a wide range of issues from the considered inabilities of the coaching staff to problems with official merchandise has led me to believe that these people have no valuable life outside of the virtual reality of an Internet forum. The fact that the Blues lie in such a miserable position at the bottom of the Championship obviously makes optimism a little difficult to render but some people have an unnatural desire to take despair and turn it into a sporting dish for personal gratification, which is quite disappointing. Rather than attempting to spread despair through the ranks, we should be looking at lifting spirits, not smashing them to the floor in hysterical outrage. The football club hasn't got things right in some cases (the ticketing fiasco stands quite separately as a clear example of how NOT to distribute tickets) but, rather than persistent attempts to undermine (including the pitiful calls for the resignation of Geoffrey King), we should discover ways to help the club listen to us, the fans, whether it be via the work of the Shrimpers Trust or through a separate method. But the pathetic gripes of the same old people has made this forum an unhappy place to be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 06 2006,13:23)]I am somewhat perplexed by an apparent all-consuming desire to aim a discontented kick at the football club by the same collection of people on the forum, led with absolute gusto by the likes of CS J and TonytheKray. Their constant bleatings on a wide range of issues from the considered inabilities of the coaching staff to problems with official merchandise has led me to believe that these people have no valuable life outside of the virtual reality of an Internet forum. The fact that the Blues lie in such a miserable position at the bottom of the Championship obviously makes optimism a little difficult to render but some people have an unnatural desire to take despair and turn it into a sporting dish for personal gratification, which is quite disappointing. Rather than attempting to spread despair through the ranks, we should be looking at lifting spirits, not smashing them to the floor in hysterical outrage. The football club hasn't got things right in some cases (the ticketing fiasco stands quite separately as a clear example of how NOT to distribute tickets) but, rather than persistent attempts to undermine (including the pitiful calls for the resignation of Geoffrey King), we should discover ways to help the club listen to us, the fans, whether it be via the work of the Shrimpers Trust or through a separate method. But the pathetic gripes of the same old people has made this forum an unhappy place to be.
Agreed. Despite warnings there just doesnt seem to be a way to get through to some people.

The mods will discuss what to do - the last thing we want is for this forum to return to the miserable place to be it has occasionally become in the past.

I have a pessimistic sense that paragraphs wont get used much
smile.gif

I hear where you are coming from though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 06 2006,13:23)]I am somewhat perplexed by an apparent all-consuming desire to aim a discontented kick at the football club by the same collection of people on the forum, led with absolute gusto by the likes of CS J and TonytheKray. Their constant bleatings on a wide range of issues from the considered inabilities of the coaching staff to problems with official merchandise has led me to believe that these people have no valuable life outside of the virtual reality of an Internet forum. The fact that the Blues lie in such a miserable position at the bottom of the Championship obviously makes optimism a little difficult to render but some people have an unnatural desire to take despair and turn it into a sporting dish for personal gratification, which is quite disappointing. Rather than attempting to spread despair through the ranks, we should be looking at lifting spirits, not smashing them to the floor in hysterical outrage. The football club hasn't got things right in some cases (the ticketing fiasco stands quite separately as a clear example of how NOT to distribute tickets) but, rather than persistent attempts to undermine (including the pitiful calls for the resignation of Geoffrey King), we should discover ways to help the club listen to us, the fans, whether it be via the work of the Shrimpers Trust or through a separate method. But the pathetic gripes of the same old people has made this forum an unhappy place to be.
Spot on son!

I get the distinct impression that some posters feel a certain sense of relief to have "the good old days" back at Roots Hall. I mean, they could try to whinge and criticise over the past couple of years - and God only knows they still did - but it's just not the same when you know that nobody is taking you seriously, is it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 06 2006,13:23)]Some people have an unnatural desire to take despair and turn it into a sporting dish for personal gratification
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Matt

I have to agree, this is the first time in nearly 3 weeks I have logged on, I feared if I did before I might of slashed my wrists or shot myself

'these people have no valuable life outside of the virtual reality of an Internet forum'

If this is virtual reality then where is the real world?
sleepy.gif

so.. what your all trying to say, is that you cannot see what's wrong..

i really would like to live in the world you all do..

oh and Matt The Shrimp, Mcnasty, spiff, ux shrimper, leeboy and the rest of you..

you don't want to drive posters away?
well, well done.. because after Matts PM, i am off.. if you want to live in this unreal world.. then fine. If you cannot see any faults, then great.. enjoy yourself.

ta ts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2006,14:18)]so.. what your all trying to say, is that you cannot see what's wrong..

oh and Matt The Shrimp, Mcnasty, spiff, ux shrimper, leeboy and the rest of you..

well, well done.. because after Matts PM, i am off.. if you want to live in this unreal world.. then fine. If you cannot see any faults, then great.. enjoy yourself.

ta ts
Show us MtS PM CSJ....

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2006,14:18)]so.. what your all trying to say, is that you cannot see what's wrong..

ta ts
Its not that we see nothing wrong , its more we see that theres right wrong and a millions things in between.

Like, looking for the top of a sphere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Dec. 06 2006,14:18)]after Matts PM, i am off.. if you want to live in this unreal world.. then fine. If you cannot see any faults, then great.. enjoy yourself.

ta ts
Sadly, you have chosen to miss my point entirely.  Never mind, that's your choice.

I'm not living in an unreal world.  I know we're bottom of the league, and I'm p*ssed off about it.

But I'm damned if I'm going to let you poison this board with a relentless series of utterly negative posts about how this club is going to the dogs.

Sod that for a game of football.

I have only ever treated you with fairness and respect.  If your choice is to leave when I issue you with a warning, so be it.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back