• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A plan for a United plan

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
So the last few days have seen the SZ rollercoaster back and forth with the usual suspects calling for Ron's head and the other lot of usual suspects failing to engage, prompting outrage, pitting fan v fan and by and large the focus has mainly stayed on the team as they limped to a 1-0 home win v 10 man Yeovil.

I think we can all agree on the following -

a) We want SUFC to be playing in the highest possible league
b) We don't want any more embargos
c) We want the players and staff paid on time
d) We want a different Chairman/owner
e) None of us can universally agree on how the above actually can happen

Now, as much as many people don't want to hear it, or think about it, there are only 2 ways Ron is leaving this club -

1) Once FF is built, and
2) If he dies.

That's it. No-one is going to buy the club, because he's not selling. I know we all think that applying pressure on him with lures of millions from outside investment would tip the balance, but is simply isn't going to. He has come too far and we are in too deep. It doesn't matter how many investors are found or how many millions they have. The amount Ron would walk away with for a complete sell out would be a financially ridiculous sum of money to pay for a club that owns a few NL players. Because that's all we own. The real value is in the properties that will be built and he ain't giving that up after waiting 23 years and pumping so much money in. That isn't owned by the club, it's owned by a myriad of other companies. It's not like selling a car; these transactions are incredibly complex AND THE SHAREHOLDER NEEDS TO WANT TO SELL.

He doesn't.

If he were to somehow walk away, we would fold, without a doubt. Without his monthly cash injections we are stuffed and would go into administration. But guess what? He is the major creditor so would hoover up all that's left anyway! All roads lead to Ron.

We are frankly screwed, unless we are happy with the current situation just to play out until either option 1) or 2) occurs.

But even then I would imagine Ron would keep a majority shareholding but would just step down as Chairman.

So, there doesn't appear to be an option that is viable as a club for him to walk away.

However... I know we've said it before, but this type of discussion always ends up in an anti Ron "we-must-get-him-out-at-all-costs" type argument which no-one except Ron can win. This is because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING! He just waits. I don't even think he goes to the games anymore so pre, during or post match protests will be pointless.

So, how about the emphasis being about Ron not getting out of the club, but instead, just getting outside investment.

This requires a bit of negotiation on both sides; he has to give up a bit of the pie; not all of it, just enough so we can survive properly, but he will stay as a majority shareholder, and we have to stop calling for change at this stage of the process and get behind the team. To be honest, a good owner will probably be seen and not heard. That's the way I'd like it (as I'm sure we all would).

I don't know how we can package this up, but that's what I'd like to see. Tolerance of his position, but massive pressure for new investment. I know that "Martin Out" is a lot more snappy than "Martin sell some of your shares please", and the chant "What do we want?" "Martin to sell some of his shares" "When do we want it?" "Now" doesn't scan easily either. But it's just an idea really, something which maybe we can all get behind.

I certainly would, and I'm also sure there are some ultra creative minds on here that can come up with a punchy way of presenting it.

I'm not even sure on (d).

Once Fossets is complete and the housing well underway, Ron will be a cash rich multi millionaire, in love with SUFC. Sounds like just the type of owner we're looking for
I don't think he is in love with us anymore. He's in love with the ground and what it may become... but he needs the club as well to a degree. I would imagine once all is built he will be quite happy on the sidelines or with no involvement at all.

Once Fossets is complete and the housing well underway, Ron will be a cash rich multi millionaire, in love with SUFC. Sounds like just the type of owner we're looking for
😂😂😂😂

surely putting SUFC into administration gets rid of RM ???
Not necessarily. It might. But all assets are sold and everyone paid 5p in the £1 or something. And Ron being the major creditor will sweep up the vast majority of anything left. If he's been clever - and I know this used to be the rule but am not sure still is - he may have secured his debt on something as then it doesn't even get as far as the administrators. Secured debts are paid in priority to others, even HMRC.

Absolutely no chance.
He’ll be gone quicker than United went 4 down yesterday in the Manchester derby.

I think option 2 is more likely than option 1.
Not that I want Ron too snuff it, But FF is a long way off . With money markets not keen to lend in the current financial circumstances .
Will financial services want to lend to any of Ron’s companies ?

Not necessarily. It might. But all assets are sold and everyone paid 5p in the £1 or something. And Ron being the major creditor will sweep up the vast majority of anything left. If he's been clever - and I know this used to be the rule but am not sure still is - he may have secured his debt on something as then it doesn't even get as far as the administrators. Secured debts are paid in priority to others, even HMRC.

i think the administrators will be very cautious about selling back to any RM entity ...

a fan led organisation would probably be the preferred buyer .. even ahead of other possible corporate buyers ..

So the last few days have seen the SZ rollercoaster back and forth with the usual suspects calling for Ron's head and the other lot of usual suspects failing to engage, prompting outrage, pitting fan v fan and by and large the focus has mainly stayed on the team as they limped to a 1-0 home win v 10 man Yeovil.

Now, as much as many people don't want to hear it, or think about it, there are only 2 ways Ron is leaving this club -

1) Once FF is built, and
2) If he dies.

That's it. No-one is going to buy the club, because he's not selling. I know we all think that applying pressure on him with lures of millions from outside investment would tip the balance, but is simply isn't going to. He has come too far and we are in too deep. It doesn't matter how many investors are found or how many millions they have. The amount Ron would walk away with for a complete sell out would be a financially ridiculous sum of money to pay for a club that owns a few NL players. Because that's all we own. The real value is in the properties that will be built and he ain't giving that up after waiting 23 years and pumping so much money in. That isn't owned by the club, it's owned by a myriad of other companies. It's not like selling a car; these transactions are incredibly complex AND THE SHAREHOLDER NEEDS TO WANT TO SELL.

He doesn't.

If he were to somehow walk away, we would fold, without a doubt. Without his monthly cash injections we are stuffed and would go into administration. But guess what? He is the major creditor so would hoover up all that's left anyway! All roads lead to Ron.

We are frankly screwed, unless we are happy with the current situation just to play out until either option 1) or 2) occurs.

But even then I would imagine Ron would keep a majority shareholding but would just step down as Chairman.

So, there doesn't appear to be an option that is viable as a club for him to walk away.

However... I know we've said it before, but this type of discussion always ends up in an anti Ron "we-must-get-him-out-at-all-costs" type argument which no-one except Ron can win. This is because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING! He just waits. I don't even think he goes to the games anymore so pre, during or post match protests will be pointless.

So, how about the emphasis being about Ron not getting out of the club, but instead, just getting outside investment.

This requires a bit of negotiation on both sides; he has to give up a bit of the pie; not all of it, just enough so we can survive properly, but he will stay as a majority shareholder, and we have to stop calling for change at this stage of the process and get behind the team. To be honest, a good owner will probably be seen and not heard. That's the way I'd like it (as I'm sure we all would).

I don't know how we can package this up, but that's what I'd like to see. Tolerance of his position, but massive pressure for new investment. I know that "Martin Out" is a lot more snappy than "Martin sell some of your shares please", and the chant "What do we want?" "Martin to sell some of his shares" "When do we want it?" "Now" doesn't scan easily either. But it's just an idea really, something which maybe we can all get behind.

I certainly would, and I'm also sure there are some ultra creative minds on here that can come up with a punchy way of presenting it.
Finally someone who has tons of sense and can put it all across in a great way. Well said 👏

I have some info from twitter that an established journalist posted that I don’t really understand the implications of but will post here tomorrow. It’s about who owns what shares at the club etc. And who is or isn’t a majority shareholder. Just passing it on. Could be nothing.
Why does it have to wait until tomorrow? Surely it would have been quicker to put this and then only half of the above message.

Why does it have to wait until tomorrow? Surely it would have been quicker to put this and then only half of the above message.
It's probably about Robert Jobson, Vic Jobson's son, which has already been spoken about on SZ.

He was piping up the other day that Ron owed money or some sort of stuff, not sure that'd be true because you wouldn't leave that type of thing 20+ years lol.

I repeat what I’ve said on every one of these threads. Show me a credible alternative.

This is the first one I’ve seen. The likes of Sherif and Carl and others have already expressed willingness to invest or help and they both have expertise. Brainstorming this would take months not weeks but I see no reason not to explore it.

surely putting SUFC into administration gets rid of RM ???
if we go into administration and the club dies ,wont matter to RM he still has RH and FF for his housing projects, but how does SUFC start again ,where do we firstly find a new ground, ground share you say ,with who and where ,Perhaps we can get a oil rich arabian knight to build a new stadium and walkway off of Southend beach or an extension off from the pier .All jokes aside Where in Southend could we find a new stadium. Seems to me RM got us by the short and curlys.

It's probably about Robert Jobson, Vic Jobson's son, which has already been spoken about on SZ.

He was piping up the other day that Ron owed money or some sort of stuff, not sure that'd be true because you wouldn't leave that type of thing 20+ years lol.
Yup, didn’t see it on the The other thread, sorry.

Still relatively new on here and not all threads come up for me (no conspiracy, probably just my computer or, more likely, haven’t found the correct way to negotiable it all). So much info on here and eyes on it all, 24/7 operation this!

1) Once FF is built, and
2) If he dies.

He doesn't.

If, he’s not going to sell as already pointed out, then we just have to grit our teeth I’m afraid. Even when he dies, I’m sure the assets including the club, are tied up in so much red tape, we won’t have anything. Will his son inherit the earth?
Administration and a phoenix is the only real option sadly. Jumpers for posts and rush goalies it is then

Back