• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Right now we have shown what we can do away from home and BS has scored, can I make a plea to those who keep ripping in to our players?
My plea is simple, please get off their backs and give them support so they see we are behind them and then their confidence may grow and we could start winning at home like we do away.
At least give it a try, they are committed to teh club they show that by winning away so lets give them a chance at home!!!

I believe if we had been behind the players and manager from the start we would be in the play offs. Must make some so called supporters feel really big to abuse the players

It is so so sad that our away form is so much better than our home form.
What other reasons can there be than because of what has gone on from some supporters at the Hall?

After a long period of being reluctant to go see the team (thanks Ron, you ****), I am feeling the passion starting to return for me personally.
I kind of want success now, just to stick two fingers up at Ron, make it clear that this club will ALWAYS be bigger and more important, and more successful, than him!

It is so so sad that our away form is so much better than our home form.
What other reasons can there be than because of what has gone on from some supporters at the Hall?

After a long period of being reluctant to go see the team (thanks Ron, you ****), I am feeling the passion starting to return for me personally.
I kind of want success now, just to stick two fingers up at Ron, make it clear that this club will ALWAYS be bigger and more important, and more successful, than him!

Good post pickledseal- lead the way. There comes a time when the past is gone (not to say forgotten but goine) and I feel there are good times ahead.

It seems to me that the home crowd need to be lifted by the team before they will get behind them. Maybe we need to up the tempo right from the off and not go a couple of goals down before we start playing. Maybe Friday night football will change things. All I know is that we must get rid of this home jinx and start winning some home games. I'm all for getting behind the team.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr or not
mate grow up we want to express how we feel and southend are most of the time like watching pub football some of the players i dont know how can regard themselves as "professional".
**** manager **** team
were doomed for relugation AGAIN

mate grow up we want to express how we feel and southend are most of the time like watching pub football some of the players i dont know how can regard themselves as "professional".
**** manager **** team

Funny, I thought we wanted to see Southend perform well. If it's a case of showing a little self restraint, and the result being improved performances by the team, then what's the issue?

**** manager **** team

But thats the beauty of it....

Its not like it hasn't been like this before!!

I've been going nearly 35 yrs and this is not the worst time by a long way..

If you want better football go up the leagues and support somebody else...

If you go to the Hall for any length of time you will realise it will always be like this ...

We are a selling club..
We will always be a yoyo club,up and down the leagues
Our stikers wont always hit the target
And you will worry forever about our ability on set pieces!

But thats the beauty of it, turning up week after week, not knowing what you are going to see.... enjoying the good times and despairing most of the rest !!

**** manager **** team

Blimey and thats after winning at the second placed team in the league, dread to think what the next home defeat will be met with.

Yes, it's blindingly obvious it's entirely the home supporters fault that the team get beat at Roots Hall. Nothing to do withe either the opposition being a bit better than us or letting in a couple of goals in the first five minutes.

I will do what I have normally done the past 30 years or so next week. Cheer and chant at times of excitement or when a goal is scored, watch what's going on whilst chatting with friends at other times, and groaning, and making the odd sarcastic comment between the group of mates if someone makes a ridiculous error.

It's called choice. Sing all the way through if you want, just don't label those or choose not to, and dare to pass comment if something goes wrong on-pitch as the reason why the team lose.

Yes, it's blindingly obvious it's entirely the home supporters fault that the team get beat at Roots Hall. Nothing to do withe either the opposition being a bit better than us or letting in a couple of goals in the first five minutes.

I will do what I have normally done the past 30 years or so next week. Cheer and chant at times of excitement or when a goal is scored, watch what's going on whilst chatting with friends at other times, and groaning, and making the odd sarcastic comment between the group of mates if someone makes a ridiculous error.

It's called choice. Sing all the way through if you want, just don't label those or choose not to, and dare to pass comment if something goes wrong on-pitch as the reason why the team lose.

agreed and if you arent of the people that boo players during the game, this thread isnt directed at you is it. You are correct, you dont need to sing to support, but, people should in no way boo a Southend player DURING a game !! Surely you must agree with that ?

Right now we have shown what we can do away from home and BS has scored, can I make a plea to those who keep ripping in to our players?
My plea is simple, please get off their backs and give them support so they see we are behind them and then their confidence may grow and we could start winning at home like we do away.
At least give it a try, they are committed to teh club they show that by winning away so lets give them a chance at home!!!

I agree with you completely but I have to say that the Rotherham supporters seemed to be far worse than ours! They were second in the league at the start of the game but were still chanting "What a load of rubbish." They were pouring out of the ground well before the final whistle when they were only two one down and were yelling rude comments at the players from early on in the game. There's no pleasing some people.

agreed and if you arent of the people that boo players during the game, this thread isnt directed at you is it. You are correct, you dont need to sing to support, but, people should in no way boo a Southend player DURING a game !! Surely you must agree with that ?

Not me personally, but as part of a collective group yes, as I do rip into the players, with the odd sarcastic and sometimes ironic comment within earshot of other people.

I really don't have a problem, either, with booing a player during a game, it's not something I do as I don't take football particularly seriously, but I understand why others do. There is a line sometimes where I think it does go too far, but it's too blurred a line to really go into great depth with.

Our supporters, when at home, are no better or worse than scores of clubs throughout the pro leagues. If we have a poor home record hiding the reasons behind a few spectators taking umbrage a bit too vociferiously is an easy way out, as they are reacting to what they see, not pre-empting it. The players simply have to acknowledge their own failings.

So long as they tried their hardest, though, I don't mind too much what the result it.

An interesting mix of responses but most are in line with my plea. I agree with the points that not everyone will or should cheer all the time, my point is cheer them at the beginning, when things are good and if things are not going well don't boo simply keep quiet. As I said lets give it a chance, if anyone else has some idea why we are better away than at home I open to herar it, but it does seem when teh boo boys are not around we are much better!

GIVE THE PLAYERS A CHANCE.

Not me personally, but as part of a collective group yes, as I do rip into the players, with the odd sarcastic and sometimes ironic comment within earshot of other people.

I really don't have a problem, either, with booing a player during a game, it's not something I do as I don't take football particularly seriously, but I understand why others do. There is a line sometimes where I think it does go too far, but it's too blurred a line to really go into great depth with.

Our supporters, when at home, are no better or worse than scores of clubs throughout the pro leagues. If we have a poor home record hiding the reasons behind a few spectators taking umbrage a bit too vociferiously is an easy way out, as they are reacting to what they see, not pre-empting it. The players simply have to acknowledge their own failings.

So long as they tried their hardest, though, I don't mind too much what the result it.

this is the bit i dont get though, Blair Sturrock, does try his hardest, to the best of his own personal ability, yet still gets booed, yet years ago AFTER Eastwood scored that Man Utd goal, did very little in the way of work rate or application, yet was continually treated like a god - so i am confused. The boo boys have their own rules. Another example being Billy Paytner, just because he didnt score a hat trick after 1 game, ala Eastwood, he was booed and ridiculed game after game, regardless of his effort, resulting in only playing in away games. He left, result, he scored a hat full of goals elsewhere. Fans have to take some responsibility to how these young men are treated/"supported" !

Back