• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A plea to all fellow SZ members

class

SZ's Official Accountant⭐
Fellow SZ'ers

Some of you know him, but most of you don't, but my dad (Doug) has recently being diagnosed with bowel cancer. He will be going into Southend Hospital tomorrow morning for the operation, and will be stuck in there for up to 10 days. Now after undertaking CT scans the cancer has not been found to have spread anywhere else (which is brillaint news), so in theory its a 'simple plumbing job' of removing the infected part of the bowel, then rejoining the sections. (The bowel is a big tube basically). However it is still a stressful time for him, his family and close friends.

More importantly, he is a Southend fan (seaso in the East) and will be missing the Stockport game and possibly the Swindon game. He is gutted to be missing the games! I need to cheer him up when he is stuck in hospital so this is where you lot come in. I am politely requesting you to leave various messages to him on this thread, and then I will print it off and give it to him to read in hospital.

Your time and help is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Get well soon, never nice to hear a fellow Shrimper is laid up in hospital. Lets hope the boys can keep their winning run going for you.

My wife's grandmother's just had exactly the same operation and is in her mid 80s. Although she struggled for the first week or so after the op, she's getting a whole lot better each day now and wants to start back on the long walks she enjoys.

All the best to you Doug, get well soon and get back in the East Stand to cheer on the Mighty Blues!

Very best wishes to you sir,

Here's hoping you'll be able to hear our cheers from your bed on Saturday as the Blues win 5-0

All the best Doug from the annoying one that never made tea for ya at the co-op

Hey Doug,my old man suffered bowel cancer about 6yrs ago,he's had the all-clear for 3yrs now and is living it up in Spain.

He still tells everyone over there about the Shrimpers though;)

Get well soon my man.

Doug, with two home games coming up, your timing is RUBBISH!!
Get well soon though. Best wishes from all of us on ShrimperZone.

:cool:

All the best Doug, wishing you a speedy recovery. My old man had to miss the Orient game due to some pesky health issues and is now certain that he is a jinx on the side and they only play well when he is absent (it's an unusual theory, he's been going for more than fifty years). He's going to miss the Stockport game as well most likely so if we get a big win on that day, he's banned for good.

Not a shrimper as such but would like to just say get well soon Doug. It's never nice to hear of anyone suffering, all the best.

Best wishes to you and your family, insist on those windows being open on Saturday so you'll hear the roars when we stick the ball in the net! My mum had bowel cancer 15 years ago, and is fully recovered now; to the extent that she only goes back once every 3 years to be checked. Just take the road to recovery at a sensible pace - you prove nothing to anyone by going hell for leather down it.

Back