• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A plus point

GregStarz

Manager
Forgetting all the rubbish that happened lastnight from the ref and the Brighton cheats, we actually look much better than last season and going forward we look alot more creative and seem to get more shots on go.

For this I thank Steve Tilson for making a change in formation, something we always moaned that he never did enough (making a change)

Another plus from lastnight is that I can tell you know, Sawyer will be a class signing. He makes space, works hard and has class. You might think how did I spot that from lastnight? Well it's not just lastnight but I have seen him in Chelsea's reserves/youth and he is class beleive me.

Future looks good guys so lets continue the top support :)

Forgetting all the rubbish that happened lastnight from the ref and the Brighton cheats, we actually look much better than last season and going forward we look alot more creative and seem to get more shots on go.

For this I thank Steve Tilson for making a change in formation, something we always moaned that he never did enough (making a change)

Another plus from lastnight is that I can tell you know, Sawyer will be a class signing. He makes space, works hard and has class. You might think how did I spot that from lastnight? Well it's not just lastnight but I have seen him in Chelsea's reserves/youth and he is class beleive me.

Future looks good guys so lets continue the top support :)

Up Up and Away, you're right and the positives from last night are plain to see, despite the result and the reffing controversies.

There were a lot of plusses last night, I thought we looked much more composed in the first half, just a bit of a hole in the middle of the pitch.

There were a lot of plusses last night, I thought we looked much more composed in the first half, just a bit of an r sole in the middle of the pitch.

Yep Mr Singh didnt win many friends last night did he...:unsure:

We did pretty well last night. Need to be taking our chances tho and not sure we tested their ropey keeper enough.

I am still waiting to see us get a point or indeed win this season....:'(

Thought we did well last night until Mr Singh helped to derail us.

Al looked good until he pulled up and Robson Kanu was really bright, Barnie had one headed off the line and even down to 10 and a goal down the boys keep battering away.

Gutted at the defeat but happy with the performance.

Thought we did well last night until Mr Singh helped to derail us.

Al looked good until he pulled up and Robson Kanu was really bright, Barnie had one headed off the line and even down to 10 and a goal down the boys keep battering away.

Gutted at the defeat but happy with the performance.
My grandson said last night that was the best we have played all season and he has been to a few matches with me.Half time at the bar i met a mate of mine who is a west am supporter, and he was impressed with barrett, harding and hal r kanu and said at the end of the match that we were by far the better team until the sending of, so we gotta take heart from that

My grandson said last night that was the best we have played all season and he has been to a few matches with me.Half time at the bar i met a mate of mine who is a west am supporter, and he was impressed with barrett, harding and hal r kanu and said at the end of the match that we were by far the better team until the sending of, so we gotta take heart from that

I do agree with all of that but I'd also like to add that despite their dirtyness (lets face it it was a pretty dirty game) Brighton looked a really good side and given we were on top til the sending off that bodes well. We had a similar (actually worse!) start to last season and ended up fighting for promotion so it doesn't look too bad. We do miss Gower and Bailey and we definitely need a couple of quality new signings between now and the end of the window but if we can get a couple in we can really have a go. We've still got Macca to come back and he's a big miss. Personally I'd be surprised if we managed to adequately replace Gower as he's nigh-on irreplaceable (in the short-term anyway) but I still believe we can have a good season regardless. We do need someone to come in with more creativity, the return of Scannell would definitely help that but hopefully Tilly will be trying to acquire a creative central midfielder this week. Barney looks sharp but needs a good level of service the likes of Gower used to provide if we are to utilise his abilities as a goalscorer.

Other plus points though I was impressed for the first time with Revell last night and he and Barney look like they could build a good understanding (Revell should definitely have been sent off in the first few minutes though, although he was unlucky to hit the post soon after). On the whole his movement is better now he's fit and has decent ability as a target-man in the Brett Angell mould - though probably not as prolific but we have Barney for that.

The defence looks better than last year, Harding continues to impress me greatly and Mildenhall looks solid (I've also been impressed by his communication with defenders, when the ball comes to them he's always shouting instructions and when they do comething he's not happy with he's the first to let them know about it in no uncertain terms!! It must give the back 4 confidence to have a keeper like that. No chance with either goal, first was unsaveable and the second got a deflection.

If we can get an experienced centre midfielder in I would be very happy with the squad. Can't wait for Macca to come back either.

Back