• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Reasons to be cheerful + feel POSITIVE for tonights big match:

We are unbeaten in 3 matches
Bentley is looking unbeatable and has kept clean sheets in last 2 games
We have a new Big , speedy , prolific striker from a Premiership club making his home debut
We also have 2 young impressive centre backs in from Prem clubs ( hence our clean sheets )
Lenny ( player of season ) + Hursty ( top scorer ) just signed new long contracts
Live on Sky tonight so chance to impress + increase interest in our club to millions
This midweek match is on a Monday , not Tuesday , hence our horrid Tuesday home record is irrelevant tonight.
Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent. Eastwood + Barnard ARE Class.
We thrashed Oxford earlier in season + the Blues' fans created an awesome atmosphere that night.
Oxford have also endured a dreadful run lately + naming of their new manager Waddock was a massive anticlimax.
Coker,Egan,Sokolik + White are all 12/1 to score at any time tonight ...
We're gonna win tonight!!!!!!!!!! I can feel it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

We have a new Big , speedy , prolific striker from a Premiership club making his home debut
We also have 2 young impressive centre backs in from Prem clubs ( hence our clean sheets )
Lenny ( player of season ) + Hursty ( top scorer ) just signed new long contracts
Live on Sky tonight so chance to impress + increase interest in our club to millions
This midweek match is on a Monday , not Tuesday , hence our horrid Tuesday home record is irrelevant tonight.
We thrashed Oxford earlier in season + the Blues' fans created an awesome atmosphere that night.
Oxford have also endured a dreadful run lately + naming of their new manager Waddock was a massive anticlimax.

:loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter::loyalsupporter:

I like the 'cut of your jib sir' ( although I didn't think Loza was big ?? maybe wrong though ).
Anyway , all good positive points and just what we need right now.

Just broke the news to my wife that she'll have to watch Coronation Street upstairs on the portable - did this by text as I'm not that brave , so will see the real reaction when I get in !

This will be our night !!!!!

Last edited:
All good, positive and based on the truth. Our form went pdq and I hope it will return very soon and quickly too.
UTB!

I agree with you but kind of wish you hadn't aired your thoughts on here, it may be tempting fate.

Positivity goes a long way. Negativity rarely breeds confidence and upturn in fortunes. This bad run is stressful for everyone, the fans, chairman, players and particularly those who carry the can (PB) who will be fearing for their jobs. Lets hope the fans dont get on the backs of the players and allow them a mistake or two - that confidence will only come back when the players feel confident enough in themselves that they wont be slaughtered for making a bad pass. They need to be free enough to express themselves and that starts with encouragement - get behind the Blues tonight and roar them to victory!

We don't often do well on Sky
not won in 12?/13?
out of the play offs
only decent striker injured.
untried young premiership striker expected to do it all.
Not scored in two

there's the negatives.

As positive as I want to be
I can't
i want to but it's not there. Going tonight in hope more than expectation

As a world renound slug whisperer, one I accidentally left in the bathroom this morning ( called Ronnie funnily enough), managed to crawl onto my towel and nodded its head twice to the left, from my experience of the wisest of these creatures, this means either a 2 nil win for Southend or the basta-d wants a lettuce?!

As positive as I want to be
I can't
i want to but it's not there. Going tonight in hope more than expectation
Well what the hell do I know !
Been looking for my enthusiasm for weeks now. Looked everywhere, in the garage, laundry basket, kitchen drawers, you name it it's stubbornly been missing.
Tonight I found it in my seat at the Hall where it must have been all along.

We don't often do well on Sky
not won in 12?/13?
out of the play offs
only decent striker injured.
untried young premiership striker expected to do it all.
Not scored in two

there's the negatives.

So where are the negatives now?

4 without defeat, over 5 hours since we last conceded. Things are on the way up.

Keep The Faith, we can do this. :loyalsupporter:

Back