• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Question about

Kim Mitten

First XI
with Barnet top of the conference and looking to be at least 2nd this year with only themselves and Carlisle right up there, i ask the question will they be allowed promotion?

10 years or so ago i remember Kiddeminster and Stevenage not being allowed up because of their ground, since then standards seems to have become laxer with the likes of Macclesfield and Boston being allowed in with grounds of similar poor standard.
I seem to recall Barnet fans fearing they would never return when they were relegted because the standard of Underhill did not meet league requirments and a new ground was very unlikely.

I always liked the trip to Barnet, but the ground has got worse since we last took a trip there, so if they win the conference will they be allowed into the league regardless of ground rules?

This is my take on things.

If Barnet were to get promoted, they would have 3 years to take the necessary action and make the ground 'league compatable'. They are talking about swinging the pitch round 90 degress, and also the possibility of a new ground as they would need to make some extra capacity, along with more seating, in those first 3 years. I remember reading something a year or so back and i'll try to find it and put a link on here.

Kev

Latest news from official site:

Planning Permission

I cant find the thing i'm looking for, but i think its somwhere on their supporters association site, BFCSA.net. Its probably best to find a forum and ask there as they will know the best place to look at plans etc...

Kev

Back