• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Question(s)

shrimperboy84

Schoolboy
If the worst case happens could this be the last game we see the likes of McCormack Barrett Moussa Barnard playing for Southend?

If they sell off our assets how quickly does it happen?

Will it be effected by the fact we have such a small squad (wouldn't make sense to leave us with no players other than youth)

I'm stressed

There can't be any transfers til January.

So lets hope we rack up some points over the next couple of months and turn Roots Hall into a fortress. Certainly events of this week seems to have rallied most fans and hopefully the players react as well.

So lets hope we rack up some points over the next couple of months and turn Roots Hall into a fortress. Certainly events of this week seems to have rallied most fans and hopefully the players react as well.

I was just wondering whether the only silver lining in this whole situation is that the administrators can't sell anyone until January.
If someone is going to put some money in the club then at least they've got a couple of months to come forward before we have to sell of the squad at knock-down prices

Surely Tilson and Brush will be the first to go to cut the wage bill? There is no transfer window for management! Closely followed by non essential coaching staff?

The Administrators could agree future transfer deals with the player going out on loan in the meantime. I doubt that they will though firstly as it would seriously impact our ability to compete at this level and therefore likely impact gate receipts and corporate packages, and also because if they're looking at future revenues they're better off sitting back and seeing what happens with the Sainsburys issue.

Either way, I wouldn't expect any player sales to happen.

Surely Tilson and Brush will be the first to go to cut the wage bill? There is no transfer window for management! Closely followed by non essential coaching staff?

I think Tilly & Brush both have 8 months left on their contracts. Maybe a year longer than that. Either way they'd be due substantial severance packages, probably equivalent to paying up those contracts so I don't think they're in any danger.

If the wage bill needed to be cut then I wouldn't expect it to be the first team level that's impacted. More likely to be office staff, etc.

The Administrators could agree future transfer deals with the player going out on loan in the meantime. I doubt that they will though firstly as it would seriously impact our ability to compete at this level and therefore likely impact gate receipts and corporate packages, and also because if they're looking at future revenues they're better off sitting back and seeing what happens with the Sainsburys issue.

Either way, I wouldn't expect any player sales to happen.

You're kidding?

They have nothing else to sell! They'd have to shift at least a couple of players to get the money in to pay their fees...

First people to go will likely be office staff to be fair, less likely to have restrictive contracts or huge severance pay issues. It'll be the people at the bottom that suffer first, it always is.

First people to go will likely be office staff to be fair, less likely to have restrictive contracts or huge severance pay issues. It'll be the people at the bottom that suffer first, it always is.

that is a good point
at worst most of us on here will lose a football club we love, but there are plenty of good people at the club who face losing their job

You're kidding?

They have nothing else to sell! They'd have to shift at least a couple of players to get the money in to pay their fees...

Administrators don't go in and start selling everything. They always look primarily to keep the business running as a going concern. Cutting back from a first team squad which stands at less than 15 players as it is would adversely effect our ability to continue running as a going concern. Gates would fall, corporate deals with dry up, relegation would be a certainty and the likelyhood of creditors ever receiving payment is severely diminished.

The Administrators will come in, they'll look for ways to cut back on costs, if bids come in for players then they'll be considered, but very few of this squad will attract bids high enough to offset the negative effects that sales will have on income. Barnard maybe.

Once again, it's worth considering that our major creditors, whose interest the Administrator is obliged to protect, are Martin Dawn, SEL, The Chairman and the Board of Directors. Had we got millions of pounds of external debt then things would be trickier, but the Club doesn't run an overdraft and I believe doesn't have any loans in place (the like of which could bankrupt Hull). The situation is complicated somewhat by the revelation of the true size of the tax bill, which makes getting a CVA without getting HMRC on board much more difficult, but I don't think that we should see any potential Administration as a sign that we'll spend the next year with youth team players playing in League One. Administration is probably a positive step, if anything, because even if Ron Martin is able to stave off the threat now I suspect we'll only be in the same position this time next year.

As metioned a few days ago,95 salaried staff at Roots Hall,plenty of leaway there for a few cuts.

Players can be loaned with a view to a permanent move as soon as the transfer window is open again.

You'll remember we did something similar with JCR, although we found a way out of completing the deal to buy him from his parent club who were desperately in need of cash and on the verge of going into administration. We then completed a cut price deal for him in the summer.

If a player ie Barrett didnt want to leave want to leave could the administrators make force them.........?

I know theres no loyalty in football but im sure Barrett wouldnt wanted jump from a sinking ship.

If a player ie Barrett didnt want to leave want to leave could the administrators make force them.........?

I know theres no loyalty in football but im sure Barrett wouldnt wanted jump from a sinking ship.

If he was told "go or you won't be paid" then he'd go!

I think there are very few, Barrett included, who wouldn't move elsewhere if told they had to take a paycut but another club was willing to take them on on the same money.

If not, the administrators could always hire ldnfatso to hound players out of the club.

Back