• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Ron Martin Statement Needed. Ron, please read.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Anyone seen or herd from our great leader? About time we did isn't it?
We are discussing the problems of our beloved football club on here every day, the things that are fact, the things that are destroying us day by day, speculation and our worries for the clubs future.
Things couldn't be much worse at the moment and yet their is complete silence, apart from a statement about Barrett and Macca, Scannell,Stannard, cup clash date and new kit on sale and the sex claim incident.

What we need is Ron Martin to come out, try and be honest for a change, not to fob us off with false hopes and promises, just tell us how bad things really are, honestly Ron, it will be no surprise to us.

To Ron Martin.
Then tell us Ron, what are you doing about it? How are you going to save our club?
What are you doing about the transfer embargo? When are you going to get back the money that you say the tax man owes us? How are you going to pay the next tax bill? Is there any money left in the club? What is the latest on Prospects college, the small row of shops in Victoria Avenue and fossetts farm and the new ground?
You keep feeding us little snippets of hope, what are they based on. You seem to think promotion is achievable, how?
An example from last week after you refuted the cleaner's claim.
Quote 'In the meantime I will not be deflected from our objective to rebuild the team and recreate the success on the pitch that we all crave.'
Is this more waffle to keep the masses quiet?, if it is not and you are finding money from somewhere to buy and pay new players and rebuild a squad capable of winning promotion, then tell us. If this is not happening, then please don't insult our intelligence by talking about promotion.

Anyone seen or herd from our great leader? About time we did isn't it?
We are discussing the problems of our beloved football club on here every day, the things that are fact, the things that are destroying us day by day, speculation and our worries for the clubs future.
Things couldn't be much worse at the moment and yet their is complete silence, apart from a statement about Barrett and Macca, Scannell,Stannard, cup clash date and new kit on sale and the sex claim incident.

What we need is Ron Martin to come out, try and be honest for a change, not to fob us off with false hopes and promises, just tell us how bad things really are, honestly Ron, it will be no surprise to us.

To Ron Martin.
Then tell us Ron, what are you doing about it? How are you going to save our club?
What are you doing about the transfer embargo? When are you going to get back the money that you say the tax man owes us? How are you going to pay the next tax bill? Is there any money left in the club? What is the latest on Prospects college, the small row of shops in Victoria Avenue and fossetts farm and the new ground?
You keep feeding us little snippets of hope, what are they based on. You seem to think promotion is achievable, how?
An example from last week after you refuted the cleaner's claim.
Quote 'In the meantime I will not be deflected from our objective to rebuild the team and recreate the success on the pitch that we all crave.'
Is this more waffle to keep the masses quiet?, if it is not and you are finding money from somewhere to buy and pay new players and rebuild a squad capable of winning promotion, then tell us. If this is not happening, then please don't insult our intelligence by talking about promotion.

And therein lies the problem.

We are discussing it all day everyday, looking at what we THINK is happening, conjecture all over the shop, guesses at this, accusations of that, etc. etc.

None of us know exactly what has happened, is happening or will happen.

Has Ron been honest? Not always, no. But has he always been dishonest? Who knows? Whatever he says is vilified and ridiculed whether it's the truth or not.

There is an old saying -

"Never explain - your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway"

As I have said countless times before, Ron will do what he wants. It's his club, his money, his potential profit. If he benefits, we benefit.

Could we go under? Of course we could. So could 80% of the football clubs that will start the season on August 7th.

What can we do?

B**ger all to be frank. Well, not quite. If anyone has any serious money they want to throw into the bottomless moneypit that is a football league club, then go ahead. To all those who ask where the money is, look at the accounts. To all those who ask why Orient and Yeovil can survive, the answer is that they haven't recently been in the CCC and had to pay the associated costs of that. The drain that Foran and Harrold were on this club cannot be underestimated. Peter Clarke has cost this club more than any other player but at least we got 2.5 seasons out of him and he repaid that by netting the goal that secured the replay against Chelsea and earned the club about £750K. Foran and Harrold gave us no value at all.

But look at the sums... we needed those cup runs to survive. We signed players on high wages and long contracts as that was the only way they would come here. We speculated and lost. We are now paying the price. It really is that simple.

I think it would be productive if RM could hold a full and frank meeting with The Trust, that can be fully transcribed and placed on here, Shrimpers On Line, etc. I'm sure he could spare an hour of his busy day, especially if he's convalescing surely?

I think it would be productive if RM could hold a full and frank meeting with The Trust, that can be fully transcribed and placed on here, Shrimpers On Line, etc. I'm sure he could spare an hour of his busy day, especially if he's convalescing surely?

But do you Trust the Trust ?

Owners of the Zone have been waiting weeks to have a meeting with Martin (at his request) , time is running out.

We are discussing it all day everyday, looking at what we THINK is happening, conjecture all over the shop, guesses at this, accusations of that, etc. etc.

Has Ron been honest? Not always, no. But has he always been dishonest? Who knows? Whatever he says is vilified and ridiculed whether it's the truth or not.

There is an old saying -

"Never explain - your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway"

As I have said countless times before, Ron will do what he wants. It's his club, his money, his potential profit. If he benefits, we benefit.

Could we go under? Of course we could. So could 80% of the football clubs that will start the season on August 7th.

What can we do?

B**ger all to be frank. Well, not quite. If anyone has any serious money they want to throw into the bottomless moneypit that is a football league club, then go ahead. To all those who ask where the money is, look at the accounts. To all those who ask why Orient and Yeovil can survive, the answer is that they haven't recently been in the CCC and had to pay the associated costs of that. The drain that Foran and Harrold were on this club cannot be underestimated. Peter Clarke has cost this club more than any other player but at least we got 2.5 seasons out of him and he repaid that by netting the goal that secured the replay against Chelsea and earned the club about £750K. Foran and Harrold gave us no value at all.

But look at the sums... we needed those cup runs to survive. We signed players on high wages and long contracts as that was the only way they would come here. We speculated and lost. We are now paying the price. It really is that simple.

I am all out of green for you..you talk so much sense.

fbm has always talked sense but, as happens on forums, people have different points of view. The one fact that cannot be disputed is the Chairman appears to have no money to invest and that is leading to total disaster.

But do you Trust the Trust ?

Owners of the Zone have been waiting weeks to have a meeting with Martin (at his request) , time is running out.

Implicitly. If anyone surely the Trust has the club's best wishes at heart?

Don't worry guys, there's a video on the official site showing the new kit, I just know people will feel better....

There is an old saying -

What can we do?

I think those few words just about sum it up. Anything we do, sadly adds up to nothing...................one can understand everyone's frustrations and worries, sitting helplessly, watching this tragic set of events unfolding........and the desire to do something....anything!
It's at times like this that I regret I am not a praying man.

For once in my life I am totally with MK here. Ron Martin I think needs to give us some assurances because at the moment I think his silence is speaking volumes. Personally I am not even confident of us being able to start the season based on what I have seen.

B**ger all to be frank. Well, not quite. If anyone has any serious money they want to throw into the bottomless moneypit that is a football league club, then go ahead. To all those who ask where the money is, look at the accounts. To all those who ask why Orient and Yeovil can survive, the answer is that they haven't recently been in the CCC and had to pay the associated costs of that.

Neither did they reap the benefits of being in the Championship. You make it sound as if promotion is a recipe for financial disaster. I guess it can be if handled really badly.

To all those who ask why Orient and Yeovil can survive, the answer is that they haven't recently been in the CCC and had to pay the associated costs of that.

HAD TO PAY? Why did he have to pay those costs? We could have just been relegated with some grace. No one forced them to sell their souls. It was the executive's choice to do it that way.

They speculated and lost. We are now paying the price. It really is that simple.

fbm has always talked sense but, as happens on forums, people have different points of view. The one fact that cannot be disputed is the Chairman appears to have no money to invest and that is leading to total disaster.

Indeed, it doesnt matter whether people believe Ron Martin is willfully destroying the club (which I 100% dont believe) the fact remains is he isnt delivering what he should be and the project is clearly not in control.

As FBM says this forum and the day of the internet is actually making things even worse, very little is actually happening but the fact its being discussed over and over all day every day just stoks the fire. Thats the internet age for you.

However in the absence of any positive developments then Ron Martin needs to know people arent happy and unless he has the ability to turn this around very soon then other options need to be considered even if it means he doesnt get his golden pay day.

HAD TO PAY? Why did he have to pay those costs? We could have just been relegated with some grace. No one forced them to sell their souls. It was the executive's choice to do it that way.

They speculated and lost. We are now paying the price. It really is that simple.

He did exactly what our supporters demanded.

They wanted money spent, he spent it.

As has been posted in another thread Ron Martin has requested a meeting that Cricko and I will attend but as he is recuperating from his recent operations he is unable to sit down to talk. We have been trying for weeks for get an appointment.

He will be told people aren't happy ( although he will already know that from monitoring the Zone ).

I think it was more a point that he, as a very competitive man, wanted to succeed and he spent it because he wanted to, not because we wanted him to.

Thats a cop out just to absolve ourselves for blame and just make RM the evil villain.

Everyone of our fans was demanding money, its hypoctitical to now complain that he did what we demanded of him. I very much doubt he would have come on the pitch to say money would be spent if the crowd werent singing wheres the Eastwood money gone.

Even now people still complain he didnt deliver the warchest he talked about.

Mistakes were made but we got exactly what we asked for.

Last edited:
Thats a cop out just to absolve ourselves for blame and just make RM the evil villain.

Everyone of our fans was demanding money, its hypoctitical to now complain that he did what we demanded of him. I very much doubt he would have come on the pitch to say money would be spent if the crowd werent singing wheres the Eastwood money gone.

Even now people still complain he didnt deliver the warchest he talked about.

Mistakes were made but we got exactly what we asked for.

So are you saying Ron wanted to fail on the pitch ?
Have you ever had any meetings with him ? Bosses of the Zone have met him several times and the one thing you can say about the man is that he wants success, perhaps at too higher a price -- hence the high wages the players demanded.

So are you saying Ron wanted to fail on the pitch ?
Have you ever had any meetings with him ? Bosses of the Zone have met him several times and the one thing you can say about the man is that he wants success, perhaps at too higher a price -- hence the high wages the players demanded.

No Im not saying that at all. He wants the club to succeed and he wanted us back in the championship.

To paint him as some out of control maniac is totally ignoring the fact it was what the supporters wanted. No one was complaining when we bought these players and plenty complained not enough was spent.

He gambled to get us straight back up but if he hadnt there would be plenty of people complaining he wasnt doing enough. If we hadnt given Barrett that contract and he had joined Colchester there would have been uproar for example. Not saying it was right to pay that much but with hindsight its far easier to see it was the wrong thing to do.

He has completely screwed up now, but as supporters we arent without blame.

PS How many people were saying in January we should just pay Barnard whatever he wanted to keep him ? I remember plenty of people saying that even then....

Last edited:
Would our situation been different if Barnard had stayed ? We would have scored more goals if he has not left so would we have been relegated ?

It's all speculation but to blame the fans for wanting success and demanding signings is, in my opinion, a bit steep. The Chairman had big plans ( the 22,000 stadium proves this ) , not for him a tiny tin-pot Col Ewe stadium but will he ever achieve it and over-come the odds that are stacked against him ---- only time will tell.

Back