• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know that Scrivens equivalent at ColWho?  often reads and contributes to this forum  (  even though our own Dave Scriven chooses no longer to do so !! )     so may I ask with regard to the upcoming game at Layer Road in advance if CUFC have any Official policy on visiting Shrimpers in home sections of the ground of which ,it looks like there could be a few hundred of.     Can we have any assurances as to what will be acceptable behaviour ?   I intend to go to the ground and support my team as i would at home ie stand up and applaud my team onto the pitch , shout encouragment at my teams players throughout the game , join in the occasisional song , go nuts and vigourously punch the air when we score etc etc.     I see nothing wrong with this at a footy match and have occaisionally seen away supporters near me doing just this in the East Stand at The Hall , without them being consequenly removed from the ground.         I am just looking for some clarification if you could help as your Club must be aware of the situation that is going to arise and need a policy for Stewarding in advance and to make it Public. I for one see no reason why I should go and sit on my hands and zip my mouth , I do not intend to be provocative at all merely support my beloved team in a huge match  but I want to be clear that I will  , after being allowed to buy tickets for the home section , be allowed to support my team .   ??

from what i've heard from most fans they are going to sit there and be quiet. I'm sure Col******r won't be able to gareentee that col u fans will get the arseache if you start cheering southend on. Col******r didnt intend on selling tickets to Southend, as they started checking postcodes, but before hand alot of shrimpers thankfully slipped through the net. But we all know what happened at Leyton Orient last season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,18:41)]I know that Scrivens equivalent at ColWho?  often reads and contributes to this forum  (  even though our own Dave Scriven chooses no longer to do so !! )     so may I ask with regard to the upcoming game at Layer Road in advance if CUFC have any Official policy on visiting Shrimpers in home sections of the ground of which ,it looks like there could be a few hundred of.     Can we have any assurances as to what will be acceptable behaviour ?   I intend to go to the ground and support my team as i would at home ie stand up and applaud my team onto the pitch , shout encouragment at my teams players throughout the game , join in the occasisional song , go nuts and vigourously punch the air when we score etc etc.     I see nothing wrong with this at a footy match and have occaisionally seen away supporters near me doing just this in the East Stand at The Hall , without them being consequenly removed from the ground.         I am just looking for some clarification if you could help as your Club must be aware of the situation that is going to arise and need a policy for Stewarding in advance and to make it Public. I for one see no reason why I should go and sit on my hands and zip my mouth , I do not intend to be provocative at all merely support my beloved team in a huge match  but I want to be clear that I will  , after being allowed to buy tickets for the home section , be allowed to support my team .   ??
the whole idea of a home and away section is why people are removed? it is to stop violence. i do not think cheering on southend in the col ewe section will please col ewe fans but then again who gives a f%&k? i'll be doing it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,18:41)]I know that Scrivens equivalent at ColWho?  often reads and contributes to this forum  (  even though our own Dave Scriven chooses no longer to do so !! )     so may I ask with regard to the upcoming game at Layer Road in advance if CUFC have any Official policy on visiting Shrimpers in home sections of the ground of which ,it looks like there could be a few hundred of.     Can we have any assurances as to what will be acceptable behaviour ?   I intend to go to the ground and support my team as i would at home ie stand up and applaud my team onto the pitch , shout encouragment at my teams players throughout the game , join in the occasisional song , go nuts and vigourously punch the air when we score etc etc.     I see nothing wrong with this at a footy match and have occaisionally seen away supporters near me doing just this in the East Stand at The Hall , without them being consequenly removed from the ground.         I am just looking for some clarification if you could help as your Club must be aware of the situation that is going to arise and need a policy for Stewarding in advance and to make it Public. I for one see no reason why I should go and sit on my hands and zip my mouth , I do not intend to be provocative at all merely support my beloved team in a huge match  but I want to be clear that I will  , after being allowed to buy tickets for the home section , be allowed to support my team .   ??
I would strongly suggest you keep quiet and act as though you are a neutral fan for your own well being and if you want to see the full 90 minutes. In any case, I think keeping quiet is the done thing.

Despite being reasonably laid-back, I know I would certainly give any away fans in the East Greens at Roots Hall a real mouthful (as would most others) if it become apparent there were away fans in our midst. I guess you can expect similar treatment (at best) at Col U.

My advice is keep quiet but then go absolutely mental when Freddy slots home our 90th minute winner
biggrin.gif

Id be pretty peeved if I had Col u fans near me at the beginning of the season and wouldnt blame them at all for feeling the same.

After all you are denying one of their army of fans a seat by being there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Feb. 07 2006,19:17)]from what i've heard from most fans they are going to sit there and be quiet. I'm sure Col******r won't be able to gareentee that col u fans will get the arseache if you start cheering southend on. Col******r didnt intend on selling tickets to Southend, as they started checking postcodes, but before hand alot of shrimpers thankfully slipped through the net.  But we all know what happened at Leyton Orient last season
You are missing the point lads , I appreciate that ColU fans may get the hump about Shrimpers being in their part of the ground but what i am trying to find out is if I will be asked to leave for vocally supporting my team , nothing more nothing less . When i was sold the tickets i wasnt asked if i supported either of the teams. I want to know in advance what the boundaries are , thats all .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,19:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Feb. 07 2006,19:17)]from what i've heard from most fans they are going to sit there and be quiet. I'm sure Col******r won't be able to gareentee that col u fans will get the arseache if you start cheering southend on. Col******r didnt intend on selling tickets to Southend, as they started checking postcodes, but before hand alot of shrimpers thankfully slipped through the net.  But we all know what happened at Leyton Orient last season
You are missing the point lads , I appreciate  that ColU fans may get the hump about Shrimpers being in their part of the ground but what i am trying to find out is if I will be asked to leave for vocally supporting my team , nothing more nothing less .  When i was sold the tickets i wasnt asked if i supported either of the teams. I want to know in advance what the boundaries are , thats all .
I won't ask you to leave.

Have a safe time.

Up the Blues

Is this a serious question....?

if you have any sense I would advise you to keep your head down cheer inside if Southend score and look happy if they score. that's what I did during the LDV match and it worked for me.

I genuinely don't think I could look happy if Col Ewe scored, I could possibly (with a sly pumped fist) control myself if we scored, but the emotion of a big game like that one could be too much to just sit there quietly and smile.

Ok in all honesty if you put it about that you are a Southend Fan going in the Home end they will more then likey chuck you out. I also wouldnt turn up on the day to ask as they will prob stop you going in. Just keep your head down.

You've done well to get a ticket in their section, so don't spoil it for yourself mate.

Have a good match

There are NO tickets left except in the Family area.
You will not get a problem but you can only get in if your with a kid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester Shrimper @ Feb. 07 2006,20:55)]Is this a serious question....?

if you have any sense I would advise you to keep your head down cheer inside if Southend score and look happy if they score. that's what I did during the LDV match and it worked for me.
I respectively suggest that living where you do seems to have reduced your balls to size of those of a gnat !!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Feb. 07 2006,22:33)]There are NO tickets left except in the Family area.
You will not get a problem but you can only get in if your with a kid.
col u, how many tickets went on general sale?

I heard it was STH and members for 5 days & STH got 2 tickets each, cant imagine may went on general sale. i dont think there will be that many blues in with the sheep lovers.
wink.gif

I got in the home end at Orient in Jan 2001 when we won 2-0 as I cannot get into the away end as its packed, I cannot remeber how many went that day, its about nearly 3'000 shrimpers that went there. I also got into the home end at Canvey Island when we won 3-2 in FA Cup, but belive me, its not an nice experince when we went 2-1 down at half time
sad.gif

Its all going to kick off. Just imagine, the ref is a massive homer, we are 1-0 down and score a last minute winner. Its gona be messy!

If you are spotted in the home section they will eject you straight away. They always do this. No change for it being Southend fans.

Also, so many Southend fans have made such a big thing about going in the home ends that a) the police will be watching it b) the stewards will be watching it & on the darker side c) the 'fans' now it. They are talking about it already.

Segregation is there for a reason, crossing the line and making a point of it will just cause trouble. Is it really worth it if it all goes pear shaped ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barside Edd @ Feb. 08 2006,12:50)]If you are spotted in the home section they will eject you straight away. They always do this. No change for it being Southend fans.

Also, so many Southend fans have made such a big thing about going in the home ends that a) the police will be watching it b) the stewards will be watching it & on the darker side c) the 'fans' now it. They are talking about it already.

Segregation is there for a reason, crossing the line and making a point of it will just cause trouble. Is it really worth it if it all goes pear shaped ?
oh no Mr Barside Edd...
im pretty sure everybody is quaking in their boots now..
but it's people's own faults.. you should of got in quicker when the sufc tickets went on sale

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Feb. 08 2006,13:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barside Edd @ Feb. 08 2006,12:50)]If you are spotted in the home section they will eject you straight away. They always do this. No change for it being Southend fans.

oh no Mr Barside Edd...
im pretty sure everybody is quaking in their boots now..
but it's people's own faults.. you should of got in quicker when the sufc tickets went on sale
Its not about threats or 'quaking in boots' CS J, that kind of talk is for the playground.

The point is you would need to be a mindless mug to go to the game intending to act provocatively and take a full part in whatever ensues thereafter.

If you MUST go in the home end, dont wear colours and keep your head down.

Its a football match - not an excuse for a fight, so why go out of your way to incite one??

rock.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Feb. 08 2006,13:22)]Its not about threats or 'quaking in boots' CS J, that kind of talk is for the playground.

The point is you would need to be a mindless mug to go to the game intending to act provocatively and take a full part in whatever ensues thereafter.

If you MUST go in the home end, dont wear colours and keep your head down.

Its a football match - not an excuse for a fight, so why go out of your way to incite one??

rock.gif
mad.gif
Spot on Spaceman Spiff,

for you and the large percentage of Southend fans like you I hope Southend do go up.

I was in the away end at Wycombe with a friend a couple of seasons ago due to not realising it was all ticket for away fans (bad history between the clubs from recent years), I did my coat up and enjoyed watching the game, nice and quiet, couldnt see any point in being any other way. I love football and my club, I respect fans who are the same about theirs.

If thats how it happens then fine. Anything else, WHY ??  
down.gif

Back