• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What case do you rest?. The only thing you lot do not get if someone has a difference of opinion to yours over a broken chair?. Maybe just maybe it was an accident and per had the person who knocked into the old gentleman didn't think "oh i know what I'm going to do when we score lets go and bump into the oldest person in the ground".

This is why i rarely post on here because 90% of the people are self opinionated idiots who behave like kids when people dare to have an opinion.

It will not be easy, but somehow we will get by without receiving your insightful views.

How many of those who think it's ok to stand regardless of who's view they're blocking, would consider it acceptable for the person standing next to them to be cheering on Col U ? Not many I'll bet..

How many of those who think it's ok to stand regardless of who's view they're blocking, would consider it acceptable for the person standing next to them to be cheering on Col U ? Not many I'll bet..

Depends whether you were very naughty and got a ticket in the cousins home end I guess.

Whilst echolng most comments on here regarding the great atmosphere and support etc etc, I hope the bellend who decided to kick in the seat as his way of celebrating White's goal, is feeling good about himself tonight. Talk about singing about inbreds, we had a fair share sitting (or should I say standing) around us at the game. It certainly makes me appreciate the fans around me at Roots Hall who sit down during the game and stand up to stretch their legs at half-time; yesterday it was the other way round; people standing during the game for no obvious reason, and no thought or consideration given to those sitting behind who are unable to stand. Rant over.
And having to sit in an allocated seat in front of people wanting to sit yesterday made me appreciate having been able to stand at home games and every away game before yesterday, I hate sitting down and find it uncomfortable, the inconvenience works both ways. I find it very strange that so many people would rather stand up before the game and at half time when nothing's happening than during the game.

When more people stand it creates a better atmosphere, which was shown as there was a great atmosphere before the game when everyone was standing but then during the whole first half where 90% had sat down it had the atmosphere of a pre-season friendly not a derby game, with only those around the drum making any noise. The atmosphere did improve in the second half after we scored but would have been better still if more were stood. In almost every derby game in the Football League this season, most of the away end will be stood, it's a shame that we're the ones that didn't follow this trend.

I look forward to the rest of the away games this season where I'll be able to stand without any issue as most of those sitting yesterday probably won't attend any more away games this season.

After queuing for 20mins for my one and only beer two idiots pushed to the front and just to annoy me even more the numpty who was serving went to serve them first as they bullied a few family people out of the way. I can assure you they were made to look very 'uncool' by my good self.

Times have changed, working class REAL men behaved much better with women and children. I was certainly looked after when I was about 10 years old at RH. The stone island wannabes have yet to do a days work and will be picked up from the coach by their mum. They need to learn that taking the P*** with your own fans is not acceptable. The way to do that is to put them firmly in their place. So don't be shy people let them know.

I had the misfortune to have a few of these boys close to me in the third row behind the goal yesterday. Six of them turned up about 10 minutes before kick off with just 4 seats available. They all stood up hoping no doubt that everyone would stand up and no-one would notice that 4 seats for 6 people doesn't work. One of the female stewards at the front noticed and asked them to show their tickets for those seats to which she was told to "f off" by at least 2 of the 6. She kept calm, told them she would get the police at which point 2 of them disappeared to the top of the stand somewhere. The same 6 boys were back together on the concourse when we went 1-0 up where one of them kicked the advertising boards so hard that it came away from the railings it was attached to. He then proceeded to hide behind his mates when of the stewards tried to grab him!

I know its a small minority but I really do fear for the future sometimes!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....pointless thread

We just beat our rivals after a long lull against them, it's the Christmas holidays....have a beer, a pie and a turkey sarnie and get a grip. Ranting on here won't make the world exactly how you want it. Lighten up and try to enjoy your Xmas period :nope:

I had the misfortune to have a few of these boys close to me in the third row behind the goal yesterday. Six of them turned up about 10 minutes before kick off with just 4 seats available. They all stood up hoping no doubt that everyone would stand up and no-one would notice that 4 seats for 6 people doesn't work. One of the female stewards at the front noticed and asked them to show their tickets for those seats to which she was told to "f off" by at least 2 of the 6. She kept calm, told them she would get the police at which point 2 of them disappeared to the top of the stand somewhere. The same 6 boys were back together on the concourse when we went 1-0 up where one of them kicked the advertising boards so hard that it came away from the railings it was attached to. He then proceeded to hide behind his mates when of the stewards tried to grab him!

o no . how naughty !! the advertising boards where made of cardboard ffs.

Sounds like the same group we were laughing at, most of them wearing caps. One in particular, looked like he was directing his best angry face and aggression at his own fans when he walked behind the goal. Might have been his first game away from his dad but someone needs to tell him the correct terrace etiquette. Its the other teams fans your supposed to hate not your own.

Its something called respect - that's all
Thoughts go out to all those in Colchester affected by the tragic loss of an advertising board. #PrayForColchester

Seriously, whilst knocking down an advertising board is a pointless thing to do it doesn't effect anyone does it. Literally no Southend or Col U fan cares (apart from you apparently)

how does 6 mates wanting/trying to sit together, and 1 kicking/knocking off a flimsy bit of cardboard whilst celebrating a goal scored against our local rivals in an Essex derby make you fear for the future ???

We just beat our rivals after a long lull against them, it's the Christmas holidays....have a beer, a pie and a turkey sarnie and get a grip. Ranting on here won't make the world exactly how you want it. Lighten up and try to enjoy your Xmas period :nope:

Clearly a male poster how can you enjoy your period especially during the Christmas Festivities?

Oh yeah, I was waiting for that. The old favourite "lighten up". Try telling that to the Colchester Utd authorities when they find the seat that was busted (and it was deliberate) by one of our sub-humans.

Oh yeah, I was waiting for that. The old favourite "lighten up". Try telling that to the Colchester Utd authorities when they find the seat that was busted (and it was deliberate) by one of our sub-humans.
I highly doubt the Colchester authorities are going to care about one seat.

Seems to me that a safe standing section would solve this problem.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The solution is two fold and simple, let fans sit where they want, so early arrivals can sit as they want, and get stewards to do their job with police help if necessary.
I accept stewarding is difficult as seen in the premier league where away supporters invariably stand.
Letting fans sit where they choose would enable the older ones like me with weak knees etc to sit one or two rows from the front. Even modern grounds rarely have hand rails, and steps are steep.
Some argue that issues of trouble can be sorted more easily if fans are made to sit in particular seat, which holds some merit, but fans causing trouble will not keep tickets, they usually insist on sitting or standing wherever they choose and in any case police have sufficient powers to obtain identity if offences occur.
The clubs use police officers who know the fans that cause trouble, and in most cases could identify them for suitable punishment.
Sheffield United's stand was steep but had hand rails on aisle to assist us older less able fans.
As usual nothing happens until someone is seriously injured. These grounds hold safety certificates which should protect fans, but a minority of morons from most clubs, including ours spoil it for the majority.:sad:

how does 6 mates wanting/trying to sit together, and 1 kicking/knocking off a flimsy bit of cardboard whilst celebrating a goal scored against our local rivals in an Essex derby make you fear for the future ???

I'm of a very nervous disposition! :winking:

Seriously though just winds me up seeing some teenagers supporting Southend acting like this and yes I know every club has them). My son is 13 and a season ticket holder along with me, however if I ever saw him acting in a similar way.........

Back