• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
NO LOANESS PLEASE...Only confirmed players......

Please give me an Southend XI in approx positions of players that you simpy never warmed too. I dont want players we turned on after they left eg Nathan Jones as most people liked him towards then end when he was here. I am looking for players you simply didnt like when they were here.

GK - Mark Prudoe

DF - Mark Hone
DF - Jamie Stuart
DF - Martyn Booty
DF - Darryl Sutch (Sorry XXXXXXL).

MD - Gordon Connelly
MD - Gavin Strachen
MD - Alex Burns
MD - Mick Gooding

AT - Graeme Jones
AT - Barry Conlon

SUBS
Margetson, Beard, Andy Harris, Stimson, Rawle (Personal reasons as disliked him before he left.),

Last edited:
Alex Burns was a striker (not a midfielder) who scored some important goals for us...I'm surprised he is on your list TBH.

GK: Mildenhall
RB: Francis
LB: Hyslop
CB: Newman
CB: Morley
RW: Connelly
CM: McCormack
CM: Gooding
LM: Scannell
CF: Freedman
CF: Foran

GK: Evans
RB:
LB: Gilbert
CB: Prosser
CB: Phillips
RW: Soares
CM:
CM: Timlin
LM: Zaboub
CF: Corr
CF: Sturrock

Just being saracastic!!:smile:

Flahavan
Harris Dublin Lewis Wilson
McGavin Payne Parris Darby
Broughton Walsh

I never warm to crap players.

Flahavan
Harris Dublin Lewis Wilson
McGavin Payne Parris Darby
Broughton Walsh

I never warm to crap players.

mario walsh brings back memories, played against him once when i played in goal against southend and mark cooper and andy dixon were in the same team, all very physical and dirty players, cooper went straight through me once when i saved a walsh header and i was on the floor and he followed through, could have chinned him that night ha ha.

Steele
Hone
Westley
McNally
Ramsey
O Callaghan
Gooding
Silkman
Livett
Young
Whymark

Subs:
Prudhoe
Hatter
Lampard
Walsh
Dublin

I was never a great fan of Garry Nelson either....

GK Broughton

RB Broughton
LB Broughton
CB Broughton
CB Broughton

RW Broughton
LW Broughton
CM McCormack
CM Broughton

ST Broughton
ST Broughton

mario walsh brings back memories, played against him once when i played in goal against southend and mark cooper and andy dixon were in the same team, all very physical and dirty players, cooper went straight through me once when i saved a walsh header and i was on the floor and he followed through, could have chinned him that night ha ha.

tottenham 541. Reveal yourself!. I wonder are you the only ex pro zoner posting. Or is there someone even more famous who posts?????

tottenham 541. Reveal yourself!. I wonder are you the only ex pro zoner posting. Or is there someone even more famous who posts?????

I would hope that it was only reserve team football if we had a front line of Walsh and Cooper (and Dixon at right-back)!

Prudhoe

Dublin
Coleman
A Harris
C ramsey

Livett
Connelly
Gooding
Maher

M Walsh
G Richards
R Young

Dick Bate

I would hope that it was only reserve team football if we had a front line of Walsh and Cooper (and Dixon at right-back)!

cooper was centre midfield, cant think who was up front with walsh, have to get the old programes out, got it tucked away somewhere.

Prudhoe

Dublin
Coleman
A Harris
C ramsey

Livett
Connelly
Gooding
Maher

M Walsh
G Richards
R Young

Dick Bate

A controversial choice playing a 1-4-4-2 system but as most were donkeys so hard to argue. Never sure why people disliked Maher so much.

Last edited:
Back