• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A summary of the last 10 days?

pickledseal

cowboy
Hi guys,
Not sure if I have been missed (;)) but I boarded a coach to France at lunchtime on Saturday 14th and only got back yesterday afternoon. Had a quick look at the league table which made great viewing. Anyone care to fill me in (in brief form) what has been happening in the last week and a half?
Cheers :)

Moussa joins Leicester on free.

O'Keefe joins Palace on free.

We played Aldershot away, took 800 there, lost 1-0, probably slightly unlucky.

Took Izale McLeod and Elvis Hammond on trial, both played in Oxford reserve game (1-1) both told they are not wanted.

Tilly not paid since April and lawyers are now on the case.

We played Port Vale at home, lost 1-3, should of been 6 or 7. Lowest crowd for 6 years at RH and probably the worst performance for a decade.

Sturrock says "Players do not deserve their wages" after Vale debacle.

Sturrock "looking for one more striker" will not be rushed though.

Ticket office a nightmare. Not enough paper tickets for Vale game, huge queue's and many disgruntled customers missing Kick-Off.

Ron cleared of alleged sexual assault on the maid.

Last edited:
Outplayed Bristol City - Sturrock is the Messiah
Outplayed by Port Vale - Sturrock is a very naughty boy
....................:Scared2:

Outplayed Bristol City - Sturrock is the Messiah
Outplayed by Port Vale - Sturrock is a very naughty boy
:Scared2:

The above is exactly the case.

I posted this in another thread but it got trampled and burried.

Right, They have played three league games, An officials decision cost us three points at home to Stockport, we beat a fairly strong Bristol City side, by coming from behind twice, lost quite harshly to an established Aldershot side (arguably a dodgey goal again, although that has been discussed) and got beaten by the favourites to win the division. That isn't really a horror show is it?

The above is basically what has happened over the past weeks. Now please tell me after reading that, why some people on here are saying that our team, who have been together for just a month and have put in some quite defensively sound performances, creating a fairly large amount of chances for a team that hasn't gelled yet, why there is so much stick and criticism being flung about?

Or am I wrong?

Thanks ever so much, especially Lee, that is a great summary.
Looks like the emotional rollercoaster is not over yet then....

Looks like the emotional rollercoaster is not over yet then....

I stepped on the emotional roller-coaster in March 1991, when I first set foot in Roots Hall. The bloody fairground ride is still going, almost 20 years later.

I'm not sure I know how to get off it, although my stomach is slowly getting more used to the lurches.

:(

Back